HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:21:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: jurassic world  (Read 8285 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: June 14, 2015, 01:51:58 AM »

wow.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 02:03:21 AM »

You are a theater going somebody, aint ya?  Cheesy Glad you enjoyed it.  Smiley

(I heard it was good. Still not going to the theater to see it, but I heard it was good)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »

we actually saw it twice.  Friday night and Saturday night.  how 'bout them apples? Grin

it was all a snafu by the wife, really though.  I was not on call Friday night but I am on call Saturday and Sunday.  my daughter REALLY wanted to see it in the Imax, which was fine by me.  I wasn't going to be able to leave the hospital before 6PM so I looked at the times and could have sworn I saw a time of 8:30PM but I was looking at the wrong format.  so I told my daughter she had a choice; we could go at 10PM to the Imax or we could see it in regular format at 7:30 or we could go on Saturday afternoon to the Imax and just hope that I don't get called in.  she decided to go on Saturday and hope I didn't get called in, but somehow, my wife bought tickets online for both the Friday night AND the Saturday night and we couldn't get refunds.  in the end, it was ok because the movie was AWESOME!  even better in Imax.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »

Certainly glad that worked out for ya. Would have sucked to have two sets of tickets to a crap movie  Smiley I guess that is when you start calling you "frenemies" to see if they want a couple tickets to see a movie.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »

That's cool.

I'm "making" a buddy of mine take me and pay for me, because on the outside, I thought the commercials put up too many ideas I found to be stupid. He bet me that if he paid for my ticket to go, I'd like it. I said 'okay.'  Cheesy

If I accept that it's just a big high priced well made monster movie from SyFy, I think I'll do just fine with it. Then again, it does look like a lot of fun to watch!  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »

as long as it is close (or better) than the first, it will be great for me.
Also a huge fan of Chris Pratt.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 03:15:37 PM »

my daughter and I both agreed after the first viewing that it was the 2nd best in the series after only the original but after the 2nd viewing, I think it moved a bit closer to the front.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »

Oh yeah, love me some of that first movie. Huge fan, and I think it still holds up.

The less said about 2 & 3, the better.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 08:36:48 PM »

The less said about 2 & 3, the better.

The less said about what now? 2 & 3? Isn't this movie this new movie the second one?  Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 03:17:51 AM »

Did I mention I'm going to see this tomorrow night?  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »

Well, my thoughts are a wee bit different than jc's thoughts...but I'm really hard on movies. I'm glad I went to see it with friends, though.

For me, I feel that I was right calling it a high priced Syfy original monster movie, though.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »

Just watched Screen Junkies Movie Fights (a fun YouTube show ... and the fight is HERE ... with SPOILERS) and they said the same (well one of them did ... it was a "fight" after all)

Now me am confuseded

EDIT -
So Jimmy, how would you rate this movie with the others? I currently have it, sans the new one as:

1 (great), 3 (this did have some good parts) and then 2 (ummmm)

Would it fit in-between 1 and 3 or 3 and 2 or does it slide even past that?

And what about you, Cow? You think it goes just behind the first movie?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:15:42 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 12:01:30 AM »

Jurassic Park sits all on it's own; it's a book adaptation that was faithful to the content, and told a story.

Lost World and III were sequels that used the CGI to put in the scenes that they weren't able to do with the first movie during the time. They are just sequels, and not really considered much of anything, to me. LW and III are the same as 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome' or 'Terminator III' or 'Rambo III'-tired movies trotted out to be sequels to really push that money envelope.

So, yes, Jurassic World is better than those 2 movies. But, just because the 98th racer is faster than the 99th and 100th out of 100 does not make him as great a racer as 2nd place. Slightly flawed analogy, but just because JW was better than the bad and worst outings of the first 3, that doesn't automatically make it 'great' either.

I don't think it's a good movie. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I iike Jackie Chan movies, and those are not good per se. I won't apologize for those movies, as the stunts and physical work that occurs without wires or cgi is amazing. and that's what I want to watch.

Want to watch giant monsters (ie dinosaurs) attack each other? Then JW is just fine. It's good for that. But the suspense of the build up of the T-Rex in the first movie is great movie-making. JW lacks for that, in all honesty. There's more than a few points where I wanted to take a Make-Me-Stupid Pill watching it.

JP is still a great film (I hope memory serves me well; making the wife watch it for the first time tonight!). JW is a great money making sequel. There are some great cgi moments, and awesome looking dinosaurs! Really! Just not a great film.

I hope I'm not sounding like an asshole with this! But it's the same as watching any Fast & Furious sequels. You go for dinosaurs. That's it, in my opinion as this viewer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:03:52 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS