HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:19:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Secret Wars Tie-Ins  (Read 25040 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »

Yeah, if you didn't like Planet Hulk ... there may not be much for you here, sir.
 Wink

Like Jeff said, MoKF was cool, if for nothing else seeing all the Marvel martial artists in a different light. A-Force is cool once it gets going, as was Marvel Zombies and Old Man Logan ... one of the few X related titles I enjoyed, most other X books were just not for me. Enjoyed the way the Attilan Rising title really tied into the Main book, in an underground kinda way. I think Weirdworld was also a great, fun read. And Squadron Sinister was sweet!! It was no Thors but ...

Of course I hated the way Thors ended, but up until then, it was fantastic.

Most stuff involved with these tie-ins were set up to be fan service and that's cool ... unless you were not a fan (I think that is why the xbooks failed for me)

Oh, and all the one shots or two issue minis were great !!!!! Especially that "Hank Johnson: Agent of Hydra" one  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

Not just you on th Xbooks, Perry. As a fan I was utterly disappointed.  In fairness, I only picked up Xtinction Agenda, Inferno, and Days of Future past but they should/could have been much better.  I dropped E is for Extinction after the first issue.

I'll likely read all the tie ins in MU eventually just to see what I missed.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 02:02:53 AM »

Secret Wars #3

I love to see more of what was known 'before' actually coming true. From the knowledge that comes from Doom and Sue talking, to Doom and Stephen talking, to the Arc being opened to see the heroes who were lost there...not even a filler issue, but a great way to explain and illuminate on things. I think Doom's musing on a god being there versus being an unseen deity was very illuminating!!

I still like not being in the know about how this world has been grown or changed, but it's fun to see it slowly revealed by Doom and Strange. Still looking forward to more!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 04:00:40 PM »

Okay, yes I have fallen off posting in this (and other) threads, but ya know, time and ... live. However here is someones opinion of their top 5 tie-in issues for the event.

Kinda makes me want to go read the Siege one, as I haven't even gotten to that one yet.

No real spoilers but it's 20 minutes or abouts, so take your time  Grin

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:13:21 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 01:04:57 PM »

I could use this, as I've all but given up on reading the tie-ins. Most are fine or ok, but are very easy to just leave. I mean, yeah, I'm keeping up with Masters of Kung Fu, Thor, Old man Logan, A-force, but I'm not really loving them.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 01:17:36 PM »

Okay, first off they reuploaded their vid, so I had to redo it, secondly ...

Not loving Thors? Not loving Master of Kung Fu? Sir ... what the?? ... I mean ... the lack of any good Superman recently must have just killed all your comic joy, good sir, because not only are those two comics incredibly well done and a nice changes of pace, they are very fun and great reads. You, much like the Tin-Man of myth, need to find your heart.
 Tongue

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 01:55:50 AM »

They're fine. I think, also, living with the 6 month lag, I can always see where stuff is going. So, if the stuff I'm reading isn't going to "be there", well, then, I lose interest. Wink

Also, the last month with losing the job, finding a job, training for a new job, as well as baby in 2 months has been a bit rough. I bought comics 2 weeks ago, and that was for the first time in 2 months. too much too soon? too much going on? Perhaps. But Thors I've liked best. I enjoy goofy Kung Fu.

I just don't love it more than anything else. However, reading Secret Wars itself? Oh man, I hit that right away. Fast as I can right away.

Also, Loki that was still going on was AMAZING leading all the way through SW. Magneto really dropped off to me. But Loki was GREAT.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »

Never read Loki nor Mags. Would they still hold up as far as stories go?

Also, is MU putting SW out monthly (after the waiting period) or are they putting it up late there, keeping up with the release schedule?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 12:57:19 PM »

I think they are still publishing exactly 6 months behind. Read through SW #4....and Thors 2 only just came out as well. Grin

Loki would totally hold up! It's so big and outside of SW that it just makes sense.

Magneto has turned into 3 issues of him floating and fighting the same sentinels in NY while trying to prevent the incursion (plus some flashbacks). What started as a really cool character study degenerated into forcing that angle into the company wide tie-in. Blah.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS