HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:13:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Huge DC sale  (Read 5537 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 02, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »

My boy Graeme McMillan posted THIS link on his twitter and it is such a huge deal I had to not only post about it, I had to add an entirely new board.

Now yes, as you can see THIS starts off the first week with all the Nu52 titles, but there is a butt load of them and all for only 99¢ !!! I can now get almost the entire run of my beloved Batman for a mere $38, fill in the Justice League books I am missing for something like $20, get those Pak issues of Superman I was asking Jimmy about and get all those titles I either wish I would have stayed with: Flash and Wonder Woman; or that I wish I would have gotten when they first came out, like Batman/Superman.

But even after this first week I am set to spend money on the various titles that tie into their new titles coming out like: Batman Eternal 1-52 (yes, I have to have it now), the 1998 Dr. Fate series 1-41, all the Omega Men appearances, complete runs of Batman & Robin, Justice League Dark, Constantine and the original Midnighter series.

Crap, what was that I said about my tablet being able to save me money on comics?
 Shocked

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »

No kidding Perry! Sheesh! You got an oil rig in the backyard or something? I'm starting to bemoan all the Valiant titles I like, the new Image ones I'm trying, plus all DC fringe stuff I'm going to try! I broke my limit, but you've sent yours to the moon!  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »

No kidding Perry! Sheesh! You got an oil rig in the backyard or something? I'm starting to bemoan all the Valiant titles I like, the new Image ones I'm trying, plus all DC fringe stuff I'm going to try! I broke my limit, but you've sent yours to the moon!  Cool

Yeah, I have to calm down. And now that the exhilaration and excitement at the thought of being able to get all those books at only a buck a piece, there is no way I could actually do it without the wife getting totally ticked off. She would start feeding me Ramen Noodles for supper until that made up the difference in the grocery money I just spent.
 Grin

And I never want to go back to eating those things again. Even if it is to survive.  Undecided

I will spend about $80 or so (Certainly getting those Batman books as I am going to sell my floppies soon), but then I need to calm down for at least two weeks  Grin I think I have blown right through half of my diabilty back-pay settlement already
 Cheesy

Angry

Embarrassed

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »

Man - what a tempting deal!!  Not sure I will be able to stay away from this!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »

Man - what a tempting deal!!  Not sure I will be able to stay away from this!

It's hard. So hard!  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS