HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:24:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You guys should read  (Read 6957 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 27, 2015, 11:41:07 PM »

I just got through with the first issue of the "All-New Hawkeye" series by Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez. It is a very sold first issue. Make sure you guys add it to your MU pull when it comes available. It is a very fast read (well issue #1 was at least) yet also very satisfying.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:16 AM »

I'm actually re-reading the previous great series to pass the time while I wait on this.  Glad to hear it's good!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »

I'm actually re-reading the previous great series to pass the time while I wait on this. 

I just found out I never read issue #21 of that series. I though issue #20 was the last issue. It ended like it was, but I hear there is a #21 now? Crap

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:16:16 PM »

I'm actually re-reading the previous great series to pass the time while I wait on this. 

I just found out I never read issue #21 of that series. I though issue #20 was the last issue. It ended like it was, but I hear there is a #21 now? Crap

I only see 20 on MU

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »

I only see 20 on MU

mycomicshop.com shows 22 issues!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »

Hawkeye #21

Written by Matt Fraction. Art and Cover by David Aja. The Finale, Part 1: David. Clint. Barney. The Building. The Tracksuit Draculas. The Clown. Ever seen 'Rio Bravo?' Check it out, it's pretty good. 28 pages, full color. Rated T+ Cover price $3.99.

Hawkeye (2012 4th Series) #22

Written by Matt Fraction. Art and Cover by David Aja. Hawkeyes vs. Tracksuits. Final Round! Rated T+ Cover price $3.99.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 10:15:26 PM »

Angry

Thanks, my man. Not sure how I missed one, much less the two

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:55:23 AM »

I didn't even think 22 had been published yet.  if it has I missed in on the stand.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25:46 AM »

I went back and looked and they don't have any in stock nor show a publish date.  That normally means hasn't published yet so you haven't missed it after all.  21 says published in April 2015 and 20 in Nov 2014.  What's with the giant gap?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »

21 says published in April 2015 and 20 in Nov 2014.  What's with the giant gap?

No idea if it is Fraction, the artist or Marvel (I doubt it is Marvel based solely on the fact they keep pissing buyers off by putting it in previews every other month thinking it is finally coming out Cheesy). Ever since Marvel pulled Fraction off the Inhumans there has been a rift(?) or seemingly one between Fraction and Marvel. Not sure if this is Fraction's way to say "F you" or what.

I know I would have loved to have at least seen a blueprint that Fraction had for the Inhumans... or his idea for them. Fraction is one of those 50%/100% writers for me. 50% of the time I 100% love what he does (Iron Man and the Thor Giant Sized one shots he did before he got on Thor) and 50% of the time I 100% can't stand what he does (his run on Thor and Fear Itself).
 Cheesy

I do know that issue #20 has a "the end" ending, so I am not even gonna bother trying to get issue #21 and have to deal with the fact I may never see issue #22. I will just call issue 20 the final issue and move on for now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS