HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:38:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avengers 52-69  (Read 3034 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: May 25, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

Yes, the EARLY years.

The movie has gotten me so very jazzed on reading Avengers, particularly on the Vision. I loved Byrne's stuff in West Coast with him, how George Perez and Kurt Busiek really amped up the love triangle when the Avengers came back after Heroes Reborn, so I decided to go back in time to read the original coming of the Vision.

John Buscema art too!!!

These early issues had some great interplay of characters and deep thoughts to them. The fighting bombastics, and Jan passing out when Hank raised his voice was ridiculous, but...oh well, 60s writings for kids and all that.

But watching the Vision progress, and the over all story of Ultron, discovering Vision's memories from Wonder Man, I just really enjoyed watching this.

And being that most of the dialogue is either recap, or explanation of powers, some issues only take about 3 minutes to read. Cheesy

So, that's some of my favorite Avengers stuff to read. I may go pull out my actual issues of Avengers v3 (Busiek/Perez) and read through that some more right now too. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »

Yep love that entire run of Buscema. In fact, Avengers was MY book until around issue 233 or so

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS