HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:38:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bitch Planet  (Read 2255 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 23, 2015, 01:06:26 PM »

Just read the first issue of this and while I see the draw that it has, it is just not for me. Right now.

I do see the quality and the reason why people are saying it is very good, it is very good. Hell, it's great. but while I enjoyed it, especially the big woman character whose name I have now forgotten I am also just reading too many other books, especially too many other sci-fi books to climb on board another.

Or is it the feminism aspect that pulls me out of the book? I would hate to think so, but I have to admit that while this book is, again, really good, there IS something here that is just not clicking for me.

I hope Dave still gets this, I think I would like to revisit this title after a few, but for right now I am setting it aside. That said, if you want a good sci-fi woman's prison story, you may want to check this out. It is kinda like 100 bullets meets Orange is the New Black. And that is kinda F'n cool.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS