HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:43:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Captain America: Civil War  (Read 13136 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 17, 2015, 08:22:33 PM »

First look at Crossbones. They did a great job with this.

Looky Here'y  Cool Click to zoom in

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »

I dig it a lot! Same with adding more red to Falcon's suit.

If only a bit more white, though.....Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »

I dig it a lot! Same with adding more red to Falcon's suit.

If only a bit more white, though.....Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »

Looks great!  I'm still nervous with all of the characters in this movie.  I think that's one of the things that killed the Spidey films - trying to cram too many characters into the movies.

But Crossbones....Awesome!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »

I think that's one of the things that killed the Spidey films - trying to cram too many characters into the movies.

No, it was having someone write the screenplay that sucked at writing that many characters and placing someone in charge that couldn't handle directing that many characters.
 Wink  Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 02:58:55 AM »

the other issue being too many NEW characters.  CA:3 has the benefit in that most of the characters are already introduced and established allowing the audience to get right into the film without too much struggle, making introducing 2 or so new ones is easier to swallow

by the way....so looking forward to this film as I continue to be impressed with Marvels efforts in film and TV.  A2 was a lot of fun just and about on par with the first one.  a well spent 2.5hrs.  Agent Carter was a home run, AoS had a strong season and DareDevil expertly filmed and directed for the long-form film it turned into.  Just really good work all around creating this interconnected universe.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »

the other issue being too many NEW characters.  CA:3 has the benefit in that most of the characters are already introduced and established allowing the audience to get right into the film without too much struggle, making introducing 2 or so new ones is easier to swallow

Smiley
That is very true, but when I think back on the films I have enjoyed over the years - Dirty Dozen, Seven Samurai, Bridge Over the River Kwai, and Midway; films that introduce a huge cast of very important characters for the first time, I would like to think that modern cinema can make a movie with 3 or 4 comic characters well enough to not end up being a crap movie. The Amazing Spider-Man films are just poorly executed all around.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:46 AM »

New Trailer -

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »

I just so so SO hope that there is a story here that I can believe in and follow-as opposed to the actual 'Civil War' comic story.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »

Embarrassed
Come on, Jimmy? Really? You're knocking Civil War? Dude, that was an awesome event. Are you just trollin'?  Grin For shame, sir. What events did you like better (and don't say all of them)
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »

No, after issue 2 Civil War was ridiculous. I could barely tolerate Cap jumping off the helicarrier declaring his individual freedom his by his own choice. The Cap *I know* would stand up for those in hiding by peacefully protesting this law made under duress during an emotional time. Fighting all his allies in the streets was so much bullshit.

Then, add in Tony and Reed putting microchips in villains to use them as weapons? A DAMNED SHARK TANK THE SIZE OF TEXAS DUN' GOT JUMPED THERE.

Cloning Thor? If you subscribe to 'guns don't kill people, people kill people' then Reed murdered Black Goliath.

Illegal incarceration in #42-the Negative Zone prison only proved vigilante Warlord-Cap all that much more right.

Wait...I think I maybe just got Rick-Rolled into giving this answer!! Perry, you messing with me?  Cheesy

IN any case, to stop myself there, I will say no, I did not enjoy Civil War.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 04:45:20 AM »

Holly crap what a great movie.  Me and the boy just got back.  Everything SvB wasn't.  Tight story, interesting character work for the sake of character and not to just move the plot.  Plot twist/relevations with emotional impact.

Oh and Spidy was Amazing and that is just the tip of the iceberg

Go see this film without delay😁
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 02:12:05 PM »

Holly crap what a great movie.  Me and the boy just got back.  Everything SvB wasn't.  Tight story, interesting character work for the sake of character and not to just move the plot.  Plot twist/relevations with emotional impact.

Oh and Spidy was Amazing and that is just the tip of the iceberg

Go see this film without delay😁

Sweet!  I can't wait!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 02:34:37 AM »

Can't go without the wife, and we can't go until grandparents take the baby for a visit on the 13th; so one more week for us!!

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 03:15:38 AM »

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

what an amazing movie (pun intended)!

get up off your butts and GO SEE THIS!  (i'm looking at you, Perry! Wink)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS