HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:49:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE  (Read 7620 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 15, 2015, 02:48:14 AM »

Sure hoping that We Stand On Guard is good. BKV, baby!!!

And did you get that current Justice League, Jeff? If so ...
Could Anti-Monitor also be a ParaDemon? Sure looks like it.  Grin And love to finally know his name (not sure if that was ever discussed before)

I got it but haven't read it yet so I haven't looked at your spoiler yet.   Grin

But I will soon!

Okay, yeah, glad I hid the spoiler then  Grin

Ok, read Justice League #40 and I see what you mean.  Lol - I hope the look is just coincidental.

I don't think we've had the name before.  Glad I downloaded that free digital Divergence comic from Comixoligy.  Now I don't have wait for my shipment to read the next part!  I hope this holds up as this is a fun start for this story.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:28:23 AM by Perry » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 04:27:29 AM »

Is it that name Mobius? Remember...that's the chair that Metron sits in!!! its his chair!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »

Good catch Jimmy! That completely passed by me.

It is interesting that Anti Monitor was the original observer.  Adds a new twist.  I went ahead and read the FCBD Divergence and it pumped me up for this story (as well as spoiling the identity of the new Batman).

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:47:53 PM »

Is it that name Mobius? Remember...that's the chair that Metron sits in!!! its his chair!!!

That is what I was talking about.
That is why I was wondering if that name was already established or if this was the first "That is my chair" moment. So this is fresh then?

Sweet.

However, that also makes me wonder more about the look of the Anti-Monitor (or Mobius as we now know him). His past with Metron and the chair, his hatred of Darkseid, his look under his 'helmet' .... could he really be a Para-Demon?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »

Definitely a first moment.

And I guess for the other questions...it will all come in this telling then. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »

Issue #41 was a fantastic read!! Loved almost every damn page. Mr. Miracle stuff was a pure joy to read.

This was almost a 10 out of 10 comic. It was that good when I read it last night. Now why is it NOT a ten out of ten for me ... I didn't like the fact that Supes,
after hearing his team needed help, urgently, didn't rush right out to save/help them
and normally that would have dropped this book to a 8, but as the rest of the book was just so damn enjoyable and well done, this gets a

9 outta 10 - "Are you Sarah Conners?"
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

Wow! Issue 41 was an absolute great issue! I'll go 10 out of 10 despite Perrys true observation above. I finally excited about a DC title again!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

Yeah, this was a good one!  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »

Justice League #48

Has this story really been running for almost a year? And no one's posted on it since June 2015?

Well, I liked this issue.  Espicially the....
double page spread of the GL Corps.  Great art!

Story is finally coming to a head and I'm looking forward to its closure.  I think its a great story but definitely had run too long.  Hard to stay engaged for a year on the same story.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »

Much like Secret Wars, the momentum of this story was killed by delays. For me at least. Hoping it reads just as good as the former when it is all collected. I am sure it will as the story is cool, just a little sporadic
 Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »

Was feeling somewhat cheated with this Justice League Darkseid War Special until that thing with Steve.

Wonder what will become of that? Very intrigued by the possibilities.

EDIT - and a full on naked butt in a DC comic? That took me away from the story just for a second. Not that I am on a moral soapbox or anything, but just wasn't expecting it and my eyes went right to it when the page flip. I mean like "BAM"

Yep, I still got it. Can see a naked butt from 1,000 yards
 Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:19:01 AM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS