HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:54:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Do you like the initial flavor
Yes - 1 (50%)
No - 0 (0%)
HATE IT - 0 (0%)
Disinterested - 1 (50%)
Not for me, but will do well - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supergirl trailer  (Read 5994 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: May 14, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:57:03 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »

And yes, I did put in [ h t m l] (with no spaces, and with the "/" coding for the 2nd, end part) and it still ends up like this for me. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »

And yes, I did put in [ h t m l] (with no spaces, and with the "/" coding for the 2nd, end part) and it still ends up like this for me. Wink

Ummmm.  Actually, you didn't (or didn't save it).  lol.  But I fixed it!   Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:09:50 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »

Ugh.  My 8 year old daughter will love it.  Which is why I'll see every episode.   Tongue

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »

Ummmm.  Actually, you didn't (or didn't save it).  lol.  But I fixed it!   Grin

It always will show up that way after I post it too. I don't know if you have a different save function for it (which I've never seen at the site), but I do put in the tags, hit post, then the tags disappear and won't be there either when I go back to edit.

No worries! Just as long as you guys don't mind the quick modify. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »

I have zero interest in this at all.

As much as I never liked Superman, I have really never liked his cousin. Add the fact that this is on CBS which would also have me pulling out what little remains of my hair, and this just adds up to a total skip for me.

However, I do really like the way they handled the "Girl" aspect. Not sure that it flies, as it wouldn't with a male being called boy (in real life of course, not in my wonderful Legion will it works just fine Grin), but at least the touched on it in a uplifting way.

If the reviews are stellar, I may give it a shot, but I just don't see that happening.

Glad there is a show for young (or old) girls, however. Nothing at all wrong with that. And Jeff, I am just glad my girls are all out of the house or I would have to sit and watch this with them as well.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »

Glad there is a show for young (or old) girls, however. Nothing at all wrong with that. And Jeff, I am just glad my girls are all out of the house or I would have to sit and watch this with them as well.
 Grin

Cheesy

Yes, I'm actually glad she will have something to watch.  I was letting her watch Flash but the Grodd episode gave her nightmares.  Now I have to pre-watch Flash to make sure it's ok for her to watch.   Angry

This looks candy enough to let her watch without a pre-watch.  No way do I want to watch the episodes twice!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:13:21 AM »

My hope is that it's saccharin sweet enough that we will want to love Kara like the goofy girl next door who just needs to come out of her shell, and that we'll also believe in the strength her character must possess to go and be a super girl.

It seems a bit silly and goofy (okay, a lot, actually), but I'm hoping that's just the initial angle they've tried to sell it as.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 06:03:28 PM »

There's also a greatly written response up at CBR that goes to some lengths to laud this trailer.

My sister hates this 'Supergirl wears prada' trailer that she didn't finish it (but she's 40, and a hardcore WW fan in her heart).

However, while I'm not the pure demographic of this, I felt the same way about Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show. And that show really proved me wrong in so many ways. I truly hope this show means something after the first eps or season finishes. Lord knows there is enough double standards and dismissals of what woman/girls feel, that if this show could help dispel those things, and enforce the strength of character and the power that women do possess in the face of the crap our society and culture put on them-then good!  Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS