HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:31:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GLC: Lost Army  (Read 9729 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »

I am all over Green Lantern Corp: Lost Army when it comes out. I love me some Saiz ... since I first saw his work in Birds of Prey so I was really feeling the tug to get this knowing he was associated, but seeing that preview of this title... yeah, no doubt, all over this GL book. Hello John Stewart. Nice to see you again.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 04:15:22 AM »

I'm looking at this one on the shelf and deciding if/when to buy it then.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »

I dug the sneak peak, and what a cool cliffhanger/plot hook to draw one in! Krona!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »

Are all the Sneak peeks just the first couple of pages of the ongoings or are they a short original story? And are they needed?

Ha, again, I am a little excited by the League!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 02:47:51 AM »

They are direct pages from the upcoming issues.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 02:31:02 PM »

Okay, sweet. So I am not missing anything if I don't buy/read them. Thanks, sir  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »

WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOA

Okay, started to read this issue one and on page one (or two) I see Kronos. Now this could one of those stories that play out where you are starting in the middle and the beginning will be explained as you go, but it doesn't seem that way as he is introduced in a manner that is very straight forward.

I guess I need to go back and read some GL first? or is this in one of those other GL books? Or is this one book that the 8 pager would have helped?

Thanks,
Someone who doesn't like coming in the middle of major happenings like that.  Cheesy

(Can someone tell me where I need to start ... if it isn't going back 20 issues or some such?)
 Embarrassed

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »

I got it   Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:45 AM »

I am unhappy for how this began. Apparently the new issue previews that came out in the Convergence issues were either teasers or actually part of the next post-convergence issue.

Because...we got to see this group meet Krona in that teaser. Which I assumed would be in this issue. Which it was not.

A very shitty beginning. Feels like getting kicked in the nuts, then the kicker buying me a drink and being my best bud all night. Not cool!!

Seriously; missed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me to enjoy how this got going. Or, too much was missing. So not cool. Yes, I still want to read this, but right now that's more for John Stewart and the GLs here than where the writer sent us in the story.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 02:42:07 AM »

Wasn't that big of a deal.
The GLC wake up on a planet without any knowledge of how they got there and then get attacked by those colored clouds. The make a run for it, as they can't contact the rest of the Corps nor charge their rings, they then turn and there is Kronas.
End of issue.

Honestly, now that I have read it, and you can to for free over at Comixology or DC, we really didn't miss much at all.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »

OH, I had read that one, Perry.

However....didn't it still feel like we missed more in the transition? Think of the artist's job this issue. "Draw these GLs attacking rocks. Irregular shaped rocks, too! While flying in an unknown space. That's it."

Blech. A 2/10 Cracked Power Batteries start. And it's a 2 just because I like to see John and Guy.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 04:43:27 PM »

Wow, I totally don't feel that way.

In the sample,
they are flying from the crystal colored clouds and the come across Krona who basically states these clouds mean business. The next panel (or the first page in this book) they are still in the air, but now Krona has joined them in the battle.
I just don't see the transition as being that bad.

This is going to be a title that goes back and forth with time to slowly tell us what happened and how they got here. You are not going to get the answers all at once. I for one can't wait to see how this plays out.

Plus the art, love me some Saiz, and the colorist (who just blasted the shit out of this comic) pushes this to more than the 2 you are giving this.   Tongue Cheesy

Don't go overboard now, my man.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 03:13:02 PM »

Oh, I'm not ditching anything. I just feel like it's a really poor, poor start. I wasn't looking for the ending here at all. I don't need that handed to me. What I do need is more than just 'rawr, shoot at rocky things!' for 22 issues. Didn't seem to be that much consternation among the group for the fact that Krona was just tooling around them all buddy-like. Many beats just seemed off.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »

However, come issue #3, and based off reading some stuff from GL #43, I'm in for GLC LA. I like the mystery of it (that did take a little extra to explain and come to), and I like the chances and hard lines John is drawing to keep his people safe. So, I'm curious, I'm interested, I'm in. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 09:35:05 PM »

Need to get back to this  Undecided

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS