HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:21:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - May 13, 2015  (Read 6792 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 13, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »

Queuing up for next weeks DCBS shipment -

FCBD 2015 Secret Wars #0 (Net)
FCBD 2015 All New All Different Avengers
FCBD 2015 DC Comics Divergence
FCBD 2015 Mercury Heat Debut FCBD 2015 Secret Wars #0 (Net)
FCBD 2015 Teen Titans Go Scooby Doo Team Up

Batman #40
Batman Earth One HC Vol 02

All New Captain America #6
Angela Asgards Assassin #6
Ant-Man #5
Avengers Magazine #1 Free Movie Cvr (whatever this is?)
Inhuman #14
Inhuman Annual #1
Thor #8
Uncanny Avengers #4
Darth Vader #5
Kanan Last Padawan #2
Princess Leia #3 (of 5)
Star Wars #4

Hitting digitally -

Southern Cross #3 (Dave isn't getting any longer Undecided)
Copperhead #7 (he is getting this, but this title is good enough for me to keep)
Mythic #1 (just for the price. Not sold on story at all, but want to make sure)
Harrow County #1
Secret Wars #2

Thinking about hitting up digitally, but will probably wait a week/month until lower priced-

Astro City #23
Birthright #7
East of West #19 (though I think I will wait even longer on this as I am only up to #3 right now)
Saga #28 (sooo damn good. Getting hard to wait on trade now)
Black Science #14 (Also think I shall wait longer as I have only read issue #1 still  Cheesy)
Five Ghost Special

EDIT - Also adding Pisces #1 as I heard good things
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:56:54 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:10:48 PM »

This package is getting bigger.....

Batman #40 (Endgame) 
Black Science #14
Chrononauts #3
Copperhead #7
Darth Vader #5
Descender #3
Epochalypse #6
Jupiters Circle #2
Morning Glories #45
Multiversity #2
Princess Leia #3 (of 5)
Walking Dead #141

Invincible TP Vol 20 Friends

FCBD 2015 All New All Different Avengers
FCBD 2015 DC Comics Divergence
FCBD 2015 Secret Wars #0
FCBD 2015 Teen Titans Go Scooby Doo Team Up
FCBD 2015 Valiant 25Th Anniversay Special

Picking up at LCS

Southern Cross #3
Night Nurse 1

And I'm thinking of ordering these from Instock Trades...

Lois Lane A Celebration of 75 Years HC
Robin The Boy Wonder A Celebration of 75 Years HC
SHAZAM A Celebration of 75 Years HC

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »

And I'm thinking of ordering these from Instock Trades...

Lois Lane A Celebration of 75 Years HC
Robin The Boy Wonder A Celebration of 75 Years HC
SHAZAM A Celebration of 75 Years HC

You almost have to don't ya?  Smiley I know you have like 4 other ones, right? Do the spines look good lined up? It looks like the spine dress could be cool.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 12:51:55 AM »

Lol.  My OCD kicking in.  I do have the Batman, Joker, Superman, Flash, and Teen Titans one.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:08:51 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 12:58:38 AM »

And this is why I shouldn't go to the LCS.

Came home with:

Night Nurse
Southern Cross 3
Secret Wars 1
Secret Wars 2
Convergence 1
Convergence 2
Convergence 3
Convergence 4
Convergence 5
Convergence 6

Last week I came home with:
Justice League 40
Flash 40
Convergence Shazam 1
Convergence Blue Beetle 1
Convergence Booster Gold 1
Convergence The New Teen Titans 1
Convergence Batman and the Outsiders 1

I am so weak.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:36:34 AM »

Came home with:

Secret Wars 1
Secret Wars 2

▲ This ▲ you will absolutely enjoy.

Convergence 1
Convergence 2
Convergence 3
Convergence 4
Convergence 5
Convergence 6

▲ This ▲ ... not so much. You should just start reading at issue #6. Save yourself the time.  Undecided  Wink

But then again, I think you enjoyed the later Earth 2 stuff so you may like this. Jimmy liked it better than I. I don't think he overly enjoyed it but I think he liked it well enough and felt it got better as it went. To me, it was just a boring, repetitive Earth 2 book. We were promised this cool DC crossover event and it just ... yeah ... it's Earth 2 issues 36-40 and then one issue of Convergence.
 Grin

EDIT - And shouldn't that Shazam one say "celebrating 75 years of us screwing over Faucett and then having Marvel screw us over with the Captain Marvel stuff"?
 Wink
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:41:02 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »

I hated the later issues of Earth 2.  It just wasn't the same book that Robinson was putting together.  I dropped it fairly quickly.  However, I did enjoy World's End - at least at first.  It had a forgettable ending so hearing that Convergence is a continuation actually might bode well for me as maybe its the true ending.  BUT I have not really heard ANYTHING good about it.  And yet - I couldn't stop myself.  Just felt too out of the loop.

Same for Secret Wars.  Just felt like I was missing something important.  I am looking forward to reading those.

But I have to ask.  How is it that both DC and Marvel came up with the idea to have the characters from different era's battle each other at the same time?  Too close to be a coincidence IMO.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »

I hated the later issues of Earth 2.  It just wasn't the same book that Robinson was putting together.  I dropped it fairly quickly.  However, I did enjoy World's End - at least at first.  It had a forgettable ending so hearing that Convergence is a continuation actually might bode well for me as maybe its the true ending.  BUT I have not really heard ANYTHING good about it.  And yet - I couldn't stop myself.  Just felt too out of the loop.

Same for Secret Wars.  Just felt like I was missing something important.  I am looking forward to reading those.

But I have to ask.  How is it that both DC and Marvel came up with the idea to have the characters from different era's battle each other at the same time?  Too close to be a coincidence IMO.

I too dropped Earth-2 (and sold the first 3 trades) once Robinson left. Never bothered with Worlds End. However, I'm a buying DC guy, so the hope in me was that Convergence would help fix some stuff with DC, and I wanted to see that.

If that happens...it's going to happen in the very last 2 issues then. But I think Justice League #41 did more to fix that than anything, from what I've read in SPOILERS.

But yeah...maybe the last thing DC did was have an unofficial party with Marvel as a good bye to New York, and everyone got to chirping/talking.

All I know is that with as little that I do actually pay attention to Marvel (only through Unlimited)(( and by 'pay attention' I mean pay money's attention to Marvel Wink  )), I'm not putting money into Secret Wars. I'll read it after, and to be honest, hope to maybe want to buy it so it can book end Hickman's Avengers trades.

I'm honestly not hating on Secret Wars...if anything, it just happened to come after me putting money towards Convergence first.  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

All I know is that with as little that I do actually pay attention to Marvel (only through Unlimited)(( and by 'pay attention' I mean pay money's attention to Marvel Wink  )), I'm not putting money into Secret Wars. I'll read it after, and to be honest, hope to maybe want to buy it so it can book end Hickman's Avengers trades.

If it maintains even 50% of story it is now, you will have no problem wanting to buy it. And sooner rather than later. This is, so far *crossing fingers* ... (and then uncrossing so I can continue to type  Grin) the best Marvel "event" I have read since Civil War or House of M.

If it gets even a little better than it currently hits at, just a tad, and finishes this strong, this may be the best "event" comic since the original Secret Wars. It is, to me (and a lot of others) just that freaking good. All this worry I had ... haha ... wow, seems so silly now. Of course we still haven't gotten too deep in the side comics yet, so they could suck. Or be like the Convergence minis and be very hit and miss (mostly miss). so I am not yet counting my Howard the Ducks yet.
 Cheesy

But I also come from a more Marvel stance, so ...   Smiley

EDIT -
But I have to ask.  How is it that both DC and Marvel came up with the idea to have the characters from different era's battle each other at the same time?  Too close to be a coincidence IMO.

Well this is a copy-cat industry, but honestly, this time I think it was pure happenstance. They really are totally different animals really.

This is just a way for Marvel to clean up its universe. Incorperate all the "other" universes characters that it likes or may have use for, into Marvel U proper while eliminating all the clutter. Kinda like Crisis, but instead of mind wiping away all the other worlds and starting over the way DC has done, Marvel just blew all the other worlds up and continued on.

Plus, this gives them the opportunity to move the X-Men titles (and possibly a FF title) away from the main Marvel story-lines (Moving the Mutants (the x-books) to a moon around Jupiter I hear was the plan that has now changed, possibly, but something like that). Marvel has decided the Inhumans are their new X-Men. If Fox would have worked out a deal similar to Sony, I doubt this would be happening but it is what it is. Marvel feels like, while the movies don't pull too many new readers into the Marvel U, they do feel that X-books and FF books are just a free advertisement for the FOX movies. They don't want to lose the cash cow that is the X-Titles, but they don't want to have to work around it either. Move the X-Men out ... problem solved. The X dudes keep raking in the money while Marvel gets to tie in all the aspect of Mutants into the Inhumans and reach the goal.

DC was just a filler to move. That is why I am not too mad about Convergence. It is just a time filler with no implications. It is a bad time filler  Cheesy, but nothing I hold against them as they had to work with less than stellar talent at times to make this move work
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:52:45 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »

All right Perry - I'm giving in to the temptation and going all the way.  Just added Secret Wars #5 to my DCBS order and emailed them to add #3 & #4.  I'm all in!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »

All right Perry - I'm giving in to the temptation and going all the way.  Just added Secret Wars #5 to my DCBS order and emailed them to add #3 & #4.  I'm all in!

Well ya had to.  Grin Of course now, after such a commitment, it will start to tank. So thanks for ruining this for me  Undecided

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 04:25:03 AM »

Hey...I honestly hope that Secret Wars just ends up awesome. That way, I can actually pull the trigger on all the Hickman mayhem of Avengers trades up to that point.

Hell, I just like that much of his FF work is still represented here, along with a smattering of Secret Warriors as well, too.

It's said; Hickman is done doing Marvel after this, right? Did I read that right?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »

Well ya had to.  Grin Of course now, after such a commitment, it will start to tank. So thanks for ruining this for me  Undecided

Grin

Ouch. No pressure there!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 02:48:33 PM »

Grin

Read the first one yet? or the zero issue?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 03:40:57 PM »

Grin

Read the first one yet? or the zero issue?

Not yet - I have it at the bottom of my stack as the zero issue will be in my next DCBS shipment either next week or the one after that.

I'll be starting the Convergence issues this weekend so hopefully they will tie me over until I get the zero.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS