HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:50:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gideon Falls  (Read 5243 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 19, 2018, 02:07:35 PM »

Gideon Falls
A brand-new ongoing series from the acclaimed bestselling creative team of Old Man Logan and Green Arrow! The lives of a reclusive young man obsessed with a conspiracy in the city's trash, and a washed-up Catholic priest arriving in a small town full of dark secrets, become intertwined around the mysterious legend of The Black Barn, an otherworldly building that is alleged to have appeared in both the city and the small town, throughout history, bringing death and madness in its wake. Rural mystery and urban horror collide in this character-driven meditation on obsession, mental illness, and faith.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »

Isuue's 1-4

What a creepy story this is.  Secret clubs, ghost barns, schizophrenic people - who may be the only true sane ones.

Not my normal cup of tea but I confess, I'm sucked in.  At least as the layers of the onion start peeling off.  There's a lot here and Lemire is doing his normal interesting job.

If your into Swamp Thing like stories then this is for you.  And apparently me too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 11:00:41 PM »

If you haven't been reading this now is a good time to get the first six issues in the collected trade.  ComiXolgy has it on sale for $2.99 ($2.69 if your a ComiXolgy Unlimited member).  That's basically 49 cents per issue.

I recommend you try it out at that price!

https://www.comixology.com/Gideon-Falls-Vol-1-The-Black-Barn/digital-comic/712246?ref=YnJvd3NlL3NhbGUvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC8yODc1Mw

Sale ends March 7, 2019.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »

About time to get caught up as issue #27 will be the last in this series.

Hopefully a planned ending and not sales driven.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS