HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:33:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hickman's GOD is DEAD  (Read 8457 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 12, 2015, 12:20:37 AM »

Anyone read this. I know Hickman didn't stay on, but they are having a 72% off sale on Comixology (32 issues for $30) so I am thinking about it. I know it has something to do with all the worlds mythological deities battling each other, but other than that, I know nada. 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »

Nope. I didn't try this one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:11:59 AM »

Nope. I didn't try this one.

Smiley Yeah, This one I kinda figured you would not be rushing to read.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:38:54 AM »

Read the first 3 issues. Mostly just anthropomorphized god figures claiming territories and fighting. Nothing significantly great or memorable in those issues I read.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »

Read the first 3 issues. Mostly just anthropomorphized god figures claiming territories and fighting. Nothing significantly great or memorable in those issues I read.

Hmmm, okay then. Thank you, sir.

I shall use the money elsewhere.  Cool

EDIT - In fact, I think I will buy the Final Night mini and a good Justice League bundle seen HERE and still save about $5  Smiley

Thanks again, Jimmy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:25:57 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 02:07:16 PM »

Heh, cool!

I think Final Night is a DC mini that I actually did skip. "Again with that Parallax Hal GL shtick?" Not for says 1998 Jimmy T

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »

I've been looking at this one since I'm having a Hickman withdrawal .  I see it went to 48 issues.  Anyone know if it got better with time?  Most Hickman books take awhile to develop.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »

Hickman didn't write all 48, if I remember correctly.

Even still, and even though I dropped out early as I was going to "wait and get back to it" so I could read it in chunks, I did enjoy what I read in the first few issues. I don't think if you are wanting, say... Hickman's style on Black Monday or Manhattan Projects that this is what you are gonna want as it is basically just Pacific Rim mixed with Cross... but with Gods  Cheesy, but it was a wild read for sure. Very adult though, especially once ... who every it was took over ...?? ... Was it Cage? I don't remember

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 02:18:55 AM »

I must have bought this in that 2018 sale as it is coming up in my Backlog list next week.  I guess I'll be coming back to this outdated thread for awhile soon!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 04:50:43 PM »

Dang, another series I need to get back to
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 11:04:50 PM »

Got started on this today and read the first six issues.

It's got the Hickman big ideas but you can tell he didn't write the dialogue.  Still a decent read and will be interesting how this plays out after this first arc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS