HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:23:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Super-Plate  (Read 10766 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 01, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »

Can't say the other so Super-Plate it is ...
 Grin

As I know Jimmy is going to be pulling for Seattle, I just thought I would jump in and say ....

Go SeaDucks!!!!

Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:13:22 AM »

Well the wife is not happy (Seattle Fan ... and no, not a bandwagon jumper either. Been a fan for years) but I have a new number one for my worse NFL offensive play call in ANY game.

2nd and goal from the one, with a timeout left, the opposing defense is spread out because you are in a four WR set, you have Beast Mode Lynch waiting for the hand-off and you pass it?

Damn, Pete. Whadyoudooooo?
 Shocked

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:59:42 AM »

Bwhaahaha! Seachickens; Know Defeat, No Win!!!!!

I just gotta root against the team that knocks my team out of the playoffs. I wouldn't even hate Seattle that badly if the Packers had lost in the Divisional round. Hell, I woulda cheered on Seattle to beat Dallas then. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:55:43 AM »

Hater  Grin

I've always gone the opposite. When a team would knock my team out I would want them to win (Patriots not included) so I could say "well, we go beat, but it was by the best team in the league so ... "
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 05:00:28 AM »

Hater  Grin

Sports love has no reason or logic. Grin

I've always gone the opposite. When a team would knock my team out I would want them to win (Patriots not included) so I could say "well, we go beat, but it was by the best team in the league so ... "
 Cheesy Cheesy

Well, I only say that once they actually WIN then. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:07:12 AM »

I am just partly glad Sherman didn't get another ring. Dude is punkish in the worse way.

Told the wife I hope his girlfriend had her baby before midnight tonight, so his worse day in his recent memory could also be his best. Conflict Bitch.
 Cheesy

And I am loving some of the quotes coming in on Twitter now. Especially this one about Pete Carroll -
"This is the first coach to win an NCAA title, A Super Bowl for his team and a Super Bowl for his opponent"  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »

I am just partly glad Sherman didn't get another ring. Dude is punkish in the worse way.

Really? I know game-field Sherman is hugely intense, but this guy has a Masters degree. (yeah, yeah how much help could he have had along the way?) But still, most of these NFL guys who stick around in college for a Bachelors in Communications never hit the NFL with a Masters in tow.

Outside of that, he's amazing in interviews, his discussion of events is thorough, and he'll write for Sports Illustrated and other places too.

But on the field...yeah, antagonistic. Wink

As for Carroll...I'm waiting (and betting) the moment his team starts a downturn, or hits those rough, bad years, he immediately jumps ship back to college. He's just that guy to me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »

So ... because he is smart and graduated he can't be a dick?
 Grin  Wink

I know on the field stuff goes on, doesn't bother me, and yes he is, obviously smart, but yes, he is a punk.

The most famous example is the Crabtree comments after the last years conference game, but that didn't bother me at all. However his constant referral to that event even 4 weeks after the game did. But there have been interviews I have seen or heard he is just an ass. He is known as "The Intelligent Jerk". Now true, most times when I hear him he is cordial and pleasant and blah, blah, blah, but he is also just the typical "I am the greatest ever" punk who never lets an opportunity to brag pass by.

When he is in a safe setting he can turn on the charm, part of his intelligence, but in the spur of the moment King Sherman can show up and start blasting his coach (Dude, it has been 3 years, let it go) or start telling interviewers how he is better than anyone (which he isn't).

Even in the classic Skip Bayless interview (And I HATE Skip Bayless with a passion) he went below his normal classless self. I was so hoping that Sherman would lay into that a-hole Bayless like he deserved but then, when he did, all I could do is cringe and think "Dude? WTF? Too far." Telling Skip Bayless he has "Never accomplished anything" (Yeah, okay, something a punk would say as it is not at all accurate, just a way to get a "Sherman sound bite") and then this classic gem said to Bayless "I'm better at life than you". Dude, just shut the hell up. I want you to blast Skip Bayless for the stuff he has said and done, but you are attacking the man in just a childish, stupid way. Even Stephen A. Smith was rolling his eyes.

Skip - "Let's not get personal, Do you think you are better than Revis right now?"
Punk Sherman - "I'm better than you"

Any person that can make me feel sorry for Bayless, is a person I can't stomach!!!

Grin

And in-case anyone missed it, or have forgotten, here is what Sherman truly is ...

But, of course, none of us on the outside know the man, that is what he will say and that is true so ...
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:57:27 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »

lol hadn't seen that, because anything that Bayless does is less than dirt, but yeah, that's just classless!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 07:19:04 PM »

Man - what a crazy game that was.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS