HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:44:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leto Joker twitter reveal  (Read 4326 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: April 26, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/591761248859123713/photo/1

No to the facial tattoo(s). ESPECIALLY the 'damaged' forehead one. Just. NO.

I'm trying to remember; but I do believe that Ledger's Joker was met by a 'wait to see it on screen' from me. I wasn't sure where they were going with it, but enough of the actual spirit of was completely represented.

Now...I'm not decrying the Joker Leto. All the crazy tattoos, the insane look edge to him; I do like that. But don't let him be without the suit, or be changed to greatly. After all...DC movies just can't seem to help themselves in fucking around so much with little things that they can't see they've changed something major.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »

All I know is Leto can act (really great in Dallas Buyers Club) so if this Joker fails it won't be on design or acting but on writing or directing.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »

All I know is Leto can act (really great in Dallas Buyers Club) so if this Joker fails it won't be on design or acting but on writing or directing.

Yes to both of that. Dallas Buyers Club was fantastic, and Leto is such...a personality, a force unto himself. I love this casting.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:47:49 PM »

I'll have to stick with the "wait and see" mantra myself.  Leto was great in Dallas Buyers Club and I'm expecting a great Joker performance from him.  Like Perry said - it will come down to the writing and directing.  That's the only thing that could make Leto fail.  Well, of course, studio exec's are pretty good at effing these things up too since they usually have no understanding of comic book characters outside of Adam West's Batman.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 03:17:51 AM »

I will try the "wait and see" but right now, I can't help but compare this as DC's version of the upcoming FF movie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS