HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:51:24 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN vs SUPERMAN  (Read 28677 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »

I have stayed away because I was going to talk further about this movie, but I have had just no desire to do so. Perhaps later. I think you have summed it up pretty well anyway.
 Wink

Also, delving into reading that Zach Snyder is looking to adapt 'The Fountainhead' by Ayn Rand, and he himself seems to be a believer of such things only increases my ire and disgust that much further.

AMEN !!!
How we are so different yet so much the same?
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 11:48:54 PM »

Also, delving into reading that Zach Snyder is looking to adapt 'The Fountainhead' by Ayn Rand, and he himself seems to be a believer of such things only increases my ire and disgust that much further.

AMEN !!!
How we are so different yet so much the same?
 Cheesy

We just come to the correct destination/conclusion from 2 different avenues?  Cool Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »

That must be it!!  Smiley Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »

And, hopefully, finally, the great and very funny "Mr. Sunday Movies" takes on some of the deleted scenes that may/will be in the 3 hour extended release when this puppy hits home release. Click HERE if you don't mind seeing a couple spoilers (or possible spoilers). But especially take a peek at the 3:33 mark. I wish that would have been in the movie for if no other reason fir what is speculated in the clip.
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »

That would mean having to watch it again =-and in a longer form!

I'm too glum on this movie to even consider that at this juncture. Sad

At least the 3:33 mark did AND would have helped to explain crazy Lex at the end though.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 01:07:17 AM »

At least the 3:33 mark did AND would have helped to explain crazy Lex at the end though.

I know, right? 100% agree. That would have helped so much

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2016, 04:15:38 AM »

I just watched this for the second time.  I have to say on second viewing, I enjoyed it a lot more.  Still not a fan of psycho Lex but over all, it was better than I remembered.  I'm actually looking forward to the Justice League movie.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2016, 10:32:16 PM »

The added footage helped, but this is still a train wreck of a movie with bad motivation for everyone all around and ridiculous actions. 
Superman not going to save his mother while letting a guy he was just fighting, and does not like, go save her? Or why Lex just didn't kidnap the mother from the start? Or...
Yeah, way too many problems. But yes, the added stuff .. or the stuff they cut and then put back in ... certainly helped a lot of the production/editing/flow problems. Especially the stuff overseas that got everyone mad at Supes to begin with. Man, that was really needed in the original cut.

I am still excited for Justice League, but in no way because of this movie  Wink I can enjoy Man of Steel more than this by a good margin, and I hated what they did with Supes at the end of THAT one. But glad it works for you. Someone should enjoy it.
 Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 03:16:13 AM »

Holy hell, between here and facebook, I really took this movie to the cleaners.

I came back to reread this thread to hold myself in check about getting excited for a Justice League movie. I need to rein it in.  Embarrassed

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS