HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:57:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - March 25, 2015  (Read 8044 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 26, 2015, 04:57:47 PM »

Shipping to me this week!

Birthright TP Vol 01 Homecoming (MR)
Black Science #12
Chrononauts #1
Darth Vader #3
Descender #1
Earth 2 Worlds End #22
Earth 2 Worlds End #23
Earth 2 Worlds End #24
Earth 2 Worlds End #25
Grayson #8
Invisible Republic #1
Ivar Timewalker #1
Ivar Timewalker #3
Justice League United #10
Morning Glories #44
Multiversity Ultra Comics #1
Nameless #2
New 52 Futures End #44
New 52 Futures End #45
New 52 Futures End #46
New 52 Futures End #47
Postal #2
Princess Leia #1 (of 5)
Princess Leia #2 (of 5)
Secret Identities #2
Star Wars #3
Walking Dead #138
Walking Dead #139

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »

Of course, being I really just started reading my stack from last month I'm not sure why I'm excited they are coming.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:27:16 AM »

Oh, let's see...

All New Captain America 5
Action Comics 40 (SUCH AN AWESOME BIZARRO ISSUE-Kuder just killed it!!)
Aquaman 40
Deathstroke 6 (TERRIBLE storytelling in this one. Like Daniels ran out of pages & panels to tell anything coherent)
Guardians 3k 6
Flash 40
Hulk 12 & 13
Multiversity Ultra Comics #1
Sinestro 11
Spider-man 2099 10
Superman 39

I had stuff in prior weeks...comes to mind... Green Arrow 40, Aquaman & Outsiders 11....um...okay, maybe that was it. I thought one other of something....oh Justice League 15 (I've really come to highly enjoy this book. YOu guys should check out JL 3001 when it returns!!)

Justice League United v1

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »

Only two in the queue this week for me -

Darth Vader #3
Inhuman #13

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »

I get so pissed when my stuff doesn't come by Saturday.  Angry

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:42:08 AM »

Okay guys, when do you get your DCBS orders? I ask because I have to wonder if I should be pissed and write to them.

So, I do once a month shipping. I see by the package and mailing label, it was packed, or at least mailing label created March 26th, Thursday.

However, on tracking, it wasn't accepted until after 8 pm on Friday, March 27th. Now, Perry I'm sure will give a bit more low down on whether or not my package was there all day, and it just took time for mine to be processed through.

I finally got my package today. I know Saturday is limited, and Sunday is Sunday, and yes, this may be within the 1-3 shipping days, but still, I'm frustrated. Second time this happened. I don't even remember the last time I got my package on a Friday.

So, is this just a bit of "them's the breaks!" and I'm being a pissy bitch, or should I at least air some of my grievance to DCBS?

Honestly, just looking for an opinion. I wouldn't go head hunting; I simply want to know and understand what is occurring.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »

When DCBS was using UPS or USPS there were many times (well, not many, but a few) that I wouldn't get my books until Monday. It was frustrating so I know how you feel.

However, now that I get my books shipped by Fed-Ex, I have yet to have any problem getting my books on Friday. In fact, I can almost open my door between 10:00 AM and 10:15 AM and I will find the Fed-Ex girl (Jill ... who use to give my boy Baxter dog treats each Friday) walking up to my door. Like clock work.

Also, about 3 or 4 months ago, DCBS sent out an e-mail to all their customers stating that due to them obtaining "MAIL ORDER COMICS" (who filed for bankruptcy) and having to  take over 90% of their Mail Order Comics customers, DCBS stated that those once a month customers who decide to keep their shipments on the last week of the month can almost be assured of later delivery as they have too many customers now to ship everyone's comics on that Wednesday and will have to ship some on Thursday.

They also sent out a link for customers to click on four options:

1 - Keep their books on the last week of the month (Either week 4 or 5 with possible delays)
2 - Change to having your books shipped the first week of the month
3 - Change to having your books shipped the second week of the month
4 - Change to having your books shipped the third week of the month (this is the one I chose)

Perhaps you didn't get the link for these options or perhaps you decided to stay on week 4 (or 5) but my suggestion is to contact them, not to complain, but to change your week to a different week for delivery.

They said the delays will be fixed eventually, but that could still be awhile. A year or so I am guessing.

All that said, I know Jeff usually gets his on the last week, but I have only heard of his books being late a couple times ... I think
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »

Also, about 3 or 4 months ago, DCBS sent out an e-mail to all their customers stating that due to them obtaining "MAIL ORDER COMICS" (who filed for bankruptcy) and having to  take over 90% of their Mail Order Comics customers, DCBS stated that those once a month customers who decide to keep their shipments on the last week of the month can almost be assured of later delivery as they have too many customers now to ship everyone's comics on that Wednesday and will have to ship some on Thursday.

This part I wasn't aware of.

They also sent out a link for customers to click on four options:

1 - Keep their books on the last week of the month (Either week 4 or 5 with possible delays)
2 - Change to having your books shipped the first week of the month
3 - Change to having your books shipped the second week of the month
4 - Change to having your books shipped the third week of the month (this is the one I chose)

Perhaps you didn't get the link for these options or perhaps you decided to stay on week 4 (or 5) but my suggestion is to contact them, not to complain, but to change your week to a different week for delivery.

This part I was aware of. I figured since everything was working so well, why change? I think I'll just take your suggestion and move up my shipping week to the 3rd week and see if I get more satisfaction. Even the wife was noting this last month "you seem to be quite pissed at them all the time."

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »

Mine get here pretty consistently on Saturday.  I missed the changing your ship week email.  I might switch over to week also.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »

Even the wife was noting this last month "you seem to be quite pissed at them all the time."

Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:48 PM »

Of course, even if they showed up on Monday I wouldn't notice because I'm usually still reading the ones from the previous month.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »

Of course, even if they showed up on Monday I wouldn't notice because I'm usually still reading the ones from the previous month.   Grin

Yep. Right there with ya. And in fact, along with all those other titles I listed in the Green Arrow thread that I am reading, I just added FF 201-231 to my list as well. One of my favorite runs. Happened right before Byrne took over.

I mean Galactus and the Sphinx fighting each other? First Terrax? Oh yeah

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 01:44:55 PM »

Any update with your rescheduled shipping, Jimmy?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »

They'll change it to week 3 without a problem. No offer of a discount or anything, even with my grumblings in the email of it always coming so late, (but I did state I understood how busy that last week gets...not a hater, just had to let them know), but yeah, it's all cool.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »

even with my grumblings in the email of it always coming so late

Well, you did say yourself it was never "late", just later than what you personally wanted.  Tongue

Grin

If companies gave discounts based solely on what us buyers "wanted" ...

Shocked
 Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS