HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:17:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is DC trying to get me to drop comics?  (Read 14417 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »

Have you been to a comic con lately?  There is always a plethora of women dressed as WW (whether they should be or not   Grin  )

Cheesy
Yes I have been and I have also seen tons of pics from most Cons across the nation and maybe it is a Texas thing  Wink and you are seeing a lot there, but I am not seeing an abundance of WW anywhere. Especially not in her bathing suit style clothing. In fact the ones I really see now are the professional or traveling arts cosplayers dressing as her.

And as for the daughter thing ... yes, she is eight, but shouldn't see be able to dress up as one of DC's (or Marvel's) main comicbook characters? That is my point. No father should allow their daughter to wear her outfit.

I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon,  Cheesy, I just think having the top heroes in comics dress in a manner more acceptable that a kid could emulate is not a bad thing. We can always have the sexy costumes with stupid ass designs like Emma Frost or Starfire (before the update) whose costumes defy all manner of reason, but for the most popular and well known heroes ... the icons, shouldn't our kids be able to copy their wardrobe? Shouldn't you be able to feel good about your daughter wanting to dress as DC's most famous lady?

And aside from the too much skin aspect, isn't having a hero fight villains while pulling bites out of her butt a little too much to ask of them
 Cheesy

Anyway, I think we can all agree that the Xena type of costume would be a good look for Diana  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 03:04:31 PM »

I've also started a thread at facebook asking my women friends to comment on the new look.

Now, I think the 3 of us have been looking at it aesthetically, functionally, and then more over at the large social piece a bit last.

My women friends (the dozen that replied) liked her tits won't be popping out, that she looks sexy without having to show skin, that she looks strong while still being sexy, and that their daughters can dress this way (this responses are posted in order of most commented on).

Only my 40 year old sister commented on anything aesthetically about the skirt or the blades.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »

That's a good idea Jimmy - I might try that too.

I did go back and look at the new costume and you know, it's really not that bad.  But what is with the blades?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »

I did go back and look at the new costume and you know, it's really not that bad.  But what is with the blades?

All the aesthetic things I hate about it just seem to be regurgitation motifs from the 90s. I wonder if you did xray graphs on the original, would you find a few many pouched-utility belts riding her hips and thighs? Maybe some kinda visor or spikes off the shoulder pads? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »

I posted the question to my female friends on Facebook and already getting responses.  Here are the first two:

"Needs no change! I would like to see the costume show "fit" Wonder Women over busty. Still like the old one better either way."

" I like the old one better. Not sure of their definition of sexist. I guess covering more of her skin seems less sexist because men don't have to show skin? But, leaving a small waste, huge bust and putting thigh high boots like she's a hooker on her is better?Huh Stay with the classier costume!"

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 06:15:59 PM »

Ok - that may have been a mistake.  Now I've got women fighting on my Facebook page.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »

Cheesy

As far as the blades ... yeah, ridiculous.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:52 PM »

Ok - that may have been a mistake.  Now I've got women fighting on my Facebook page.

Oh boy.  In the midst of the debate one of my male friends posted this:

"Do chicks even read comic books in the kitchen? "

This should get interesting.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:27 AM »

Oh boy.  In the midst of the debate one of my male friends posted this:

"Do chicks even read comic books in the kitchen? "

This should get interesting.

omigod friend me-James Tonn Fond du Lac I want to read this!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 04:42:35 PM »

omigod friend me-James Tonn Fond du Lac I want to read this!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Friend request sent.  Unfortunately - none of them took the bait!!

EDIT:  Love the Aquaman shirt!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 03:20:06 AM »

Still fun to read through, though!

And thanks!! My wife says the hanging plant 'photo-bombed' my picture there. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS