HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:18:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ACTION COMICS  (Read 13358 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 12:25:50 PM »

I can't imagine that what is happening right now in the disappointing end of Greg Pak's run (and the 'Superman' Truth stuff) will last or carry over. I'm sure by issues 52 that this will all wash over and go away.

Perhaps #1 by Tomasi will make a difference. I've grown to enjoy his stuff most times; I wonder what he'll do if he can cut loose on the Big Guy.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »

As long as there is no more stupid time implemented in Supe's power set it will be off to a good start.

I am hoping he is taking over both Action and Supes, but I am buying whatever issue #1 he will be writing. One or both.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »

So does the news rumor about (Edit) Jurgens coming on to write the new Action Comics make you happy? At first I was okay with it, remembering some of the stuff from days of old I did enjoy from him (like Thor and Booster, of course), but then I kinda remember the most recent stuff (like Firestorm and Aquaman and the Others *shiver*) and I am not so sure I want this or not. I'm still not a big Superman fan and all so I was hoping for more of a ... different writer, but maybe all of his time on Superman, especially back in the 90's, is just what the character needs?

Was hoping this could be one of our HR pull issues to discuss, for the fact this title is going back to the old numbering if for nothing else, but not sure I want that now or not.
 Angry

Oh, and HERE is the BC link to the rumor
 Smiley
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:00:41 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 03:15:30 PM »

I worry about Jurgens (not Jenkins; you need an edit, Perry  Wink), not being a stellar A-list kind of guy anymore. I believe his 'Lois & Clark' to be good; truly.

However...I worry Jurgens may be making the turn that Byrne, Wolfman, DeFalco, Perez have done...they no longer can write with that ...edge is the wrong word. I think 'push' might be the better word. That his style, his emphasis or story build, isn't something that is a strength of his anymore.

All I can do is hope. Perhaps if he lets loose (or is allowed? Editorial just lets them be?) and just tells the day to day stuff that someone like me wants to see. Perry White has a life outside of panels not starring Clark, just like Jimmy, or Lois, or Ron Troupe, or Lucy, or anyone that stops by!

Lots of cross-fingers here. My collecting future seems to depend on it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »

I worry about Jurgens (not Jenkins; you need an edit, Perry  Wink),

Oh crap.
Thanks
 Cool

... not being a stellar A-list kind of guy anymore. I believe his 'Lois & Clark' to be good; truly.

However...I worry Jurgens may be making the turn that Byrne, Wolfman, DeFalco, Perez have done...they no longer can write with that ...edge is the wrong word. I think 'push' might be the better word. That his style, his emphasis or story build, isn't something that is a strength of his anymore.

All I can do is hope. Perhaps if he lets loose (or is allowed? Editorial just lets them be?) and just tells the day to day stuff that someone like me wants to see. Perry White has a life outside of panels not starring Clark, just like Jimmy, or Lois, or Ron Troupe, or Lucy, or anyone that stops by!

Lots of cross-fingers here. My collecting future seems to depend on it!!

I think, now, I will just wait and see what you have to say about the first three issues (if you make it that far) before I dip my toes in.

I even had that 8 issue crossover that Tomasi is doing soon (between Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman, Action and Superman) on my future "to read" list as I just assumed he was going to have a part in Supe's new future, but now, I am not even sure I will try that. Guess it depends on who is writing the Superman Rebirth title I suppose
 Undecided

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS