HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:30:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DARTH VADER  (Read 8452 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:35 AM »

Can't wait for this to get in my hands next week, but I am glad to hear it is getting some good reviews. I mean, even the not so great ones are not so bad
 Cheesy

Click HERE to get a spoiler free review summary

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 08:24:11 PM »

This is good news.  I flipped through it at the LCS before mine gets here last week of the month.  The art looks good too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:22:26 PM »

Okay guys, sorry, but if you are not getting/reading this because of Gillen you are just doing yourself a disservice. I enjoyed Star Wars 1 and 2, mostly (had a few issues with dialog, but ... moving on ...) but this title, or this issue, was much better than those two.

I think Aaron dropped the ball a little with Vader over in the Star Wars book, but the voice of Vader is alive and well in this title.
You guys have to check this out.

Jimmy, question, was there a Wookie called Black Krrsantan in the expanded universe?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:26:01 AM »

Jimmy, question, was there a Wookie called Black Krrsantan in the expanded universe?

Not that I specifically recall from Pre-ANH or during Classic era.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 01:31:00 AM »

Issue 1 & 2 are in this weeks shipment.  I didn't realize this was just a six issue mini.  I may go ahead and grab the other four like I'm doing with Princess Leah.  Then I'm hoping any other Star Wars stuff will be on MU.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »

It isn't, Jeff. Or at least I am 99% sure it isn't. It is suppose to be an ongoing.

Something was wrong in the Previews that labeled it as a 6 issue mini, but I have read that it is an ongoing, just not a monthly ongoing. I didn't know what that meant, but I looked at issue #1's indicia and it says "Published Monthly except in February, June, September and November" so ... Hell, I don't know.
 Cheesy

Not that I specifically recall from Pre-ANH or during Classic era.

Okay, thanks. Wanted to know if this was a new character or a new take.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:51:25 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 01:52:57 AM »

Issue 25

Holy effing shit!!!!!

Kieron Gillen Has completely redeemed himself in my eyes.  This was one hell of an ending for this series!!!!

My mouth dropped wide effing open when Vader..
blew Doctor Aphra out the airlock.  I truly believed he had killed her.

Absolutely THE best Star Wars book I've read. Hands down. Wow. Holeeeee shit!

I can't believe it's over.  I must have more!!!!

I now forgive Gillen for his X-Men abomination.  This way more than made up for it.

I need more!!!!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy
Can do nothing but agree with the more part.

I don't remember ever reading his X-Men stuff (other than that S.W.O.R.D title with Beast and Brand which I thought was hella-fun), but his Thor run was fantastic and I have enjoyed many things from the man, including Uber from Avatar (about what if the Germans had Super-powered people during WWII) and his Image comic The Wicked & The Divine (About mythical gods in current time ... well, that is an over-simplification if I ever saw it  Cheesy).
And of course his Darth Vader run.
 Grin

Hope you are going to check out his Dr. Aphra series also
 Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS