HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:00:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANTASTIC FOUR  (Read 18249 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 12:52:11 AM »

Okay, my thoughts ... with spoilers ...

This movie wasn't too, too terrible for the first third (30 minutes) though I did have a few nit-picks. For one -
When Ben told Reed he was insane, and Reed said "thanks" ... ehhh, that's not Reed

But again, kinda nit picky. But the movie just falls all to hell about the time the science fair comes into play (again, about a third of the movie or so). Bad editing or horrible writing causes more than a few "WTF" moments here, especially
when Sue tells Reed that "We found the same thing you did", and then shows him the rocks that he found when he first used his transporter. How did she know he found rocks? There was nothing pointing to her or anyone knowing about those rocks?
It just made no sense.

But again, could be just me nit-picking.

Bottom line this movie sucks the entire last hour. From editing, to writing, to directing the entire thing is a pile of steamin'. Maybe a 2 hour movie would have helped, but with this moving being only an hour and a half long, things just get left out. Especially from a fan standpoint because this movie changes almost everything about the FF. Instead of using the source material, that works so well on all the other movies, this director/writer/studio/producer/whomever, writes what they think will "be cool" ... I guess, because this was nothing like the comic. Which is what they were going for I guess.

Success there at least.

There is hardly ANY Reed and Sue story here and whet little there is makes them seem like two frigid people with no chemistry what-so-ever. Ben Grimm is nothing but moody as hell, making Ben stay in this brooding, "This man, this monster" persona, keeping the "ever loving blue-eyed Thing" hidden from the viewers the entire time. Johnny, while they got him right (his love for cars for example), was barely used at all. Hell, the entire team was barely used at all. This is suppose to be the love story and family of the Marvel Universe yet they were pretty much strangers the entire film. Even after they jumped ahead in time a full year.

And when I think of how the FF got their powers, I remember fondly how Reed, Johnny and Doom sat around getting drunk before calling Ben to come join them when they decide that they want to be the first humans in this "new world". Yeah, the FF was formed because they got drunk. Sweet yeah? Cool, right? So they go, bad things happen, they come back (minus one). But right when they come back poor Sue is in the room and gets caught in the blast. That is why she has powers. Neeto.

Oh, and yes this is jumbled because I am rushing and thinking about stuff as I go. I had mentioned how someone said Sues hair changed during the film ... HAHAHA ... man they were not kidding. There is one scene were Reed and Sue are talking and she has dirty blonde hair. They go into another room and now her hair is blonde as hell. Almost Platinum blonde. HAHAHAHAHA. Then later, it of course switches back to the normal looking dirty or ash blonde, only to return back to Bright as hell blonde later. I kid you not. This takes place about 4 times. Why re-shoot scenes? Who is going to notice anything about the only girl in the movie?

Oh, and Doom can explode people's heads by mere thought now? I remember the first time I saw him Scanner a guy in ... was it ...issue 67?

I still can't believe how no-one in this movie seemed to like each other. Even when they were laughing ... once or twice, they were like total strangers. The one time they do try and show how Johnny and Ben kid around with each other was at the very end. Johnny makes a joke at Ben's expense but as they had never used it before, never laid the foundation that these two guys cared or liked each other, the joke was just mean as hell. (Someone pointed that out to me and man when it happened it wasn't hard to miss)

Ben and Johnny did look good as far as effects go. Even Ben's voice was well done ... but most of the other SFX were cheap as hell. Looked liked the blew the entire budget on the Human Torch and the Thing.

Oh man, and when Ben first gets changed, he just constantly cries for Reed !! Ugh. I mean sure, once or twice, but for minutes on end?
"Reed, Help Me! Reed, Where are You? Reed!!! Reed Help me, please"
Over and over and over and ....
Uggghhhh.

For me This movie ranks right up there with Catwoman, Ghost Rider and Electra. What makes it worse is this was my family. The family that got me into comics.

I joked with all the guys at the LCS when the Marvel Exec had all the FF stuff ripped off the wall at Marvel and had the FF sandblasted from all things Marvel. I laughed. Man, I'm not laughing anymore. Had he not had it done already, I may have drove up there and done it myself.

2 outta 10 - repeated tragedies

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS