HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:39:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The MARVEL UNIVERSE Is Ending  (Read 5528 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 20, 2015, 10:40:36 PM »

Get ready for the New 52 treatment in the Marvel Universe.  Now old time Marvel fanboys will know how the old time DC fanboys felt when DC changed everything.

Announced Today:

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-marvel-universe-is-ending.html

Stan Lee's reaction:

http://www.newsarama.com/23278-stan-lee-reacts-to-the-end-of-the-marvel-universe.html

Well, if the X-Men survive the reboot at least we will likely get Jean Grey back.

I'm actually not that upset about it.  I didn't like what DC did to some of my favorite characters (i.e. Wally West) but the whole reboot wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I have lost interest in a lot of it, but hopefully it will bring in the new generation.  Can't milk us old guys forever - we do kill over eventually.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 10:46:42 PM »

The Press Conference:

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:35:00 AM »

Yeah, I am  ... intrigued, but I don't think it is a reboot. But maybe.

I think it is an event that will be telling stories from Marvels past all the while using this as a way to incorporate the Ultimate Universe into the Marvel proper. In other words, I think it will be like DC's Flashpoint, but at the end, instead of a reboot and origins galore, there will be no reboot, but possibly still a new number one explosion of titles.

I just don't think we will see a retelling of origins, or a Cap being frozen in the ice kinda thing ... but who knows, its all secrety secret stuff right now and I could be totally wrong and it will be a total reboot and I will have no idea how I will feel until I read a couple I guess. I do know and remember I was excited about DC's reboot, so if this is one, I hope Marvel learned from DC's mistakes. Don't hire 1994's writers and artists for one
 Tongue

Still interested, yet a little confused. As you can tell
 Cheesy
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »

The proof will be in the pudding. Will it work creatively? I have no doubt monetarily it will be a killing. They'll wipe up the sales boards.

However, If it kills what fans feel about the characters (ala post-Flashpoint with many of the changes), what then? Just keep going? Who knows.

DC looks to be doing some kind of backsliding with Convergence, but how far will they go? How far will Marvel go in their attempts?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:53:08 PM »

Yep, those be the questions  Grin

But I don't think DC is back-sliding with Convergence as much as using it; a perfect way to fill some time and make fans very happy, for a short time, hopefully.
 Cheesy
Like a 2 month Crisis event without all the restructuring.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 04:29:32 AM »

Like a 2 month Crisis event without all the restructuring.
 Smiley

I could do with SOME restructuring! That's a small laundry list. For starters, probably erasing any books/events Scott Lobdell was ever attached to concerning the Superman title.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »

Wouldn't argue that.
And the more I think about it, I think when I called out DC's convergence for being like a Crisis event, that is even more apropos for Marvel and what is going on here. I think it will be their Crisis.

Marvel's Crisis on Battleworld, blending the Ultimate and the New Universe into Marvel proper while telling some time gone by and time yet to come inclusive stories.

Perhaps also bringing forth the return of Steve as Cap (or a different, younger Steve as another Cap so they could keep Sam as Cap for awhile longer), providing a way for Spidey-Gwen to stay around (if there isn't one in place already), getting dude Thor his hammer back and thus a shot at replacing chick Thor (or, like Cap, have two hammer's flying around  Sad), having a more logical way for Bruce and Hulkster to be split (or at be least on the same page as that has never truly worked before in any other way. Nice try Aaron, but no), or countless other mixes they could do.

Including what I feel the main goal of all of this was/is to begin with ... make the Inhumans the new Marvel X-Men.

Was just thinking that if the head of Marvel, I forgot his name ... the head of Disney/Marvel I should say ... was really that mad at Fox Studios for the recent talks breaking down (about movie rights and money being paid), so mad ... so much so that he not only had Marvel stop publishing the FF, but also made all the Marvel buildings remove any art featuring the Fantastic Four, no matter how grand or how small, which he did do ... that maybe ... just maybe ... he would also want Marvel to figure a way to do the same with the money grab that is the Mutants? I mean, they want to push the Inhumans deeper into the Marvel Universe, could they push out the "X" from Marvel to do so? But how? How about a mega-event like this? What would happen if the X-Men were banished to a different universe?

Crazy? Perhaps, but if you look at that Marvel 75 year magazine, the free one at least, you will not see any FF member ... NOR a mutant on that cover. Had the process already started?
 Grin

EDIT - I don't think they would do it permanently, but how would it be if the "Muties" were no longer in the Marvel U for a couple of years? What id they get trapped on this Battle world? After the battle on this .. .ummm, Battleworld, all the heroes get transported out or whatever, but ... everyone with the mutant gene gets "bamfed" and are placed back on the same world? "Blinked" onto a planet, much like all the heroes did back in the first Marvel event, Contest of Champions!!! Huh? Huh? Ohhhhhh?
 Cheesy

And I do realize that the comics make no difference how a movie does or doesn't do, but this head Marvel guy ... I tell ya, he is out there.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:14:29 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS