HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:31:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CONVERGENCE  (Read 6303 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 17, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »

Not sure where to put this, here or in the Nu52 thread, but why not here as it is older stuff related!!!
 Grin

Comic's Alliance has all the April first issues of this event HERE if you want to see what's heading your way for that month. Looks like there will be 40 issues just for April (10 each week) and some look pretty damn enticing.

Looking over it I can see there are some very interesting books coming and I am going to have a hard time NOT getting the following (by week):

Week 1
The Question - by Rucka and Hammer? Damn
Speed Force - My newly resurrected Flash love tilts me towards this. Bedard and Grummett also help
Convergence #1 - Damn it. Will I get sucked into this? No love here for Lobdell, so hopefully that will keep me away

Week 2
Aquaman - Just because of the hook hand. Been a long time
Convergence #2 - No Lobdell? Crap, so much for using him as a shield
(Do like the covers of JLI and Paralax, though)

WEEK 3
New Teen Titans - Because New Teen Titans. My New Teen Titans.
Batman and the Outsiders - Because Batman and the Outsiders, man!! COME ON!!!
Wonder Woman - Because of that art. Looks interesting
The Flash - See above. And Dan Abnett
Hawkman - Because of Jeff Parker (and remembering John's Hawkman)
Legion Of Super-Heroes - Because, again, Legion Of Super-Heroes
Swamp Thing - Wein and Kelly Jones? Sheeet
Convergence #3 - Damn it, this is getting hard (And yes, that's what she said)
Huge week as I want 8 of the 10 this week!!!!

Week 4
Justice Society - Another Dan Abnett issue and an issue with the JSA!!
Detective Comics - B cause Sin kev itz  Grin
Crime Syndicate - Earth 3 goodness
Freedom Fighters - Even with that cover  Undecided
Booster Gold - Jurgens and Booster. Booster and Jurgens. Yes and Yes
Convergence #4 - *sigh* ... what to do what to do

That is a total of 19 of the 40 that I am interested in. Oh boy, time to call Dave and convince him to get this event!!
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »

Dangit.  I literally JUST talked the wife into not spending any extra money this month so we can knock out the credit card debt.  What am I going to do?Huh?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »

I haven't even sat down to go through the full list to add up titles I want...but oh man...I may run into trouble here!

I think I'll get the absolute 'needs' first, and if I enjoy, just get the LCS to supply me with some of the other ones I'll put into a 'Group 2' purchase. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »

I think I'll get the absolute 'needs' first ...

I can't wait to see what your "needs" issues will consist of.  Smiley

Dangit.  I literally JUST talked the wife into not spending any extra money this month so we can knock out the credit card debt.  What am I going to do?Huh?

A) Don't tell her and buy allll you want - Probably not the best thing for a marriage  Cheesy
B) Convince her to wait another 2 months to get the cards down - You were just premature in your thinking
C) Negotiate a deal of money for sexual favors - Works best the other way around usually
D) Get another card just for comics that she doesn't know about - See A's response
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »

Listing....

FOR SURES!

Week 1
Speedforce
Superman
Convergence #1

Week 2
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Superboy
Convergence #2

Week 3

Justice League of America
Adventures of Superman
The Flash
Hawkman
Convergence #3

Week 4

Justice Society of America
Action Comics
Crime Syndicate (with Phil Winslade!)
Booster Gold (NATURALLY!)
Convergence #4

MAYBE......

Week 1
Justice League (Flashpoint Aquaman!)
Titans (exploring with Arsenal after the loss of his daughter)

Week 2
Justice League International
Superman: Man of Steel (with...ya know, Steel!)

Week 3
New Teen Titans
Wonder Woman (I worry on having Larry Hama writing WW...)
Superboy & the LoSH (looks really cool....probably will jump to main!)

Week 4

World's Finest (Seven Soldiers of Victory looks really cool!)
Shazam

So, 17 for sure, but 9 waiting in the wings if I'm feeling saucy. So, Perry, ya got me beat on the initial buy-in push, but we'll see once the issues drop on the shelves!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »

Oh, you say I have you beat, but by you buying less, I think it is the other way around  Grin

But honestly, I just don't see me buying all that I am interested in, but damn sure nice to think about. Dave hasn't called back yet, but I am hoping he is going in strong.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 07:32:53 PM »

A) Don't tell her and buy allll you want - Probably not the best thing for a marriage  Cheesy
B) Convince her to wait another 2 months to get the cards down - You were just premature in your thinking
C) Negotiate a deal of money for sexual favors - Works best the other way around usually
D) Get another card just for comics that she doesn't know about - See A's response
 Grin
Lol.  Yeah I'm not following ANY of that advice!
Fortunately I just remembered that the charge doesn't hit until the end of Feb.  That's after our self imposed 30 days expires.  Whew!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »

Looks like my boy Dave is trying to work out a deal with Comic Kings (one of the eight local shops around here) to see if he can get a great deal on all of them. I told him if that doesn't work, he still has 7 more tries
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 09:00:49 PM »

Are they replacing their regular titles for the month with all of these Convergence titles?  Similar to Villains month?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 01:11:47 AM »

Yep.
Making the move from NY to Cali ... so they hired a bunch of b-list artists (and some good older ones) and made this to fill the time for the move. The main story, Convergence, also weekly, does seem like a cool story, so I am truly hoping Dave gets at least that if I don't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS