HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:23:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: netflix questions  (Read 5264 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: January 08, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »

I went to the Netflix FAQs for this but couldn't find the answer....

is there any kind of commitment when signing up to Netflix?  what I mean is, if I sign up, can I cancel at anytime or do I have to be a member for 6 months or a year or whatever?  can I sign up for it when the daredevil show is released, watch all the episodes in a week and then cancel?

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »

i dont think there are any locked in terms and i believe you can cancel at any time...however, if you've never been a member they usually offer a 1 month trial for free.  not sure if they are still doing it but it is certainly worth a look.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:13:57 PM »

Yes, you can cancel at anytime or even just suspend for a bit.  When I lost my job I was able to put my account on suspend with the click of a button.  That way I didn't lose the queue I had created with movies I want to watch.  Once I was again employed I just clicked a button to re-activate.  The monthly charge is $8.65 for streaming only.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »

Yes, what Jeff said
 Grin
Except for that $8.65 a month thing  Huh

I only pay $7.99 a month for Neflix streaming.

Now I know they said they are going to start charging $9 a month for any "new" subscribers, as seen HERE, but I have never seen a $8.65

Is that price including some state or local tax I am not aware of, Jeff?

But yep, cancel every other month if you want. Watch for 4 months cancel for 2. Doesn't matter and, like Jeff said, all your shows that you have on our list will remain (as long as Netflix is still carrying them of course). That was the best part when I stopped my service a couple years ago.
 Smiley

EDIT - and Wringer is also correct.  Smiley Just go to Netflix and sign up for a free month PRIOR to signing up with them and you will get a free month !!! If they don't offer it on the site, call the support number and they will hook you up!!

EDIT 2  Cheesy - But hell, man, I tell ya what, if you can swing it, Netflix is worth every penny. Even before the new Marvel exclusive shows arrive. There are so many great titles and shows on there right now, you can go batty watching them all. From all the great animated stuff like Batman Beyond (something I just started watching), X-Men, Star Wars Clone Wars and Justice League Unlimited to great older sci-fi shows like Dr. Who, Farscape and every single Star Trek series (even the God awful Voyager) to great British shows like all of Steven Moffits Sherlock (AMAZING), Dr. Who (again) to his damn funny and too short lived COUPLING (if you guys haven't seen that you are missing out!!!!!)

Netflix is just an incredible deal
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:00:41 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »

Must include tax.  Thats the price that hits my card each month.

Edit:  just checked the billing activity on the netflix site and there is .66 cent tax.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:04:40 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »

Wow, man. As a people of the state, I would fight that. I mean,  I know it is only 66¢ and that is no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but that is a tax that is boarding on anti-Net Neutrality (if they ever pass that damn thing).  Angry

I did some checking, it seems like only three states tax Netflix:
Florida - as  telecommunications tax
Arizona - as a DVD sales tax (wha?Huh)
and
Texas - as it is considered a cable tax ... to quote them - as House of Cards is an original program  Roll Eyes

Boooo I say to all three. My bill not only is exactly $7.99 every month here, so it seems it is in the remaining 46 other states (at least those are the only three states I can find in my super-fast glance at least).  Grin

Seems to me, in all seriousness, that you (and all the other states) are getting double taxed. If you are getting taxed on your internet service, which I mean ... come on ... I know they are not gonna miss THAT opportunity to tax you monthly for the internet (right?), you are getting taxed once again on top of it.

I know here, there is a higher tax for alcohol when you go out to eat, so if you have a drink with your meal, the tax on that portion is a little higher, but that is not what is happening with you guys. No, you guys are being taxed for your meal and then having an additional tax if you wish to add sour cream on your baked potato!!!!!
 Angry Angry

REVOLT I SAY!! REVOLT!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:31 PM »

No state income tax here.  I'll happily pay a user tax of .66 over that.  Grin

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »

No contracts. And only $7.99/month all inclusive for me too.

Helluva deal.

Watch Snowpiercer.  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 10:11:37 PM »

Watch Snowpiercer.  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 02:09:35 AM »

No state income tax here.  I'll happily pay a user tax of .66 over that.  Grin

Grin Cheesy

Yes, that is true, but you're also paying more in sales and property tax. Sales tax like that 8.3% you're paying for Netflix  Wink

(edit - is it sales or is it "user"?)

You know you aren't getting out of paying those politicians any more than the rest of us, man.
 Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:14:27 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 03:05:26 AM »

Yeah it would be sales tax.  And you'll be paying it to before long.  You know how they work.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »

Cheesy

Indeed.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS