HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:24:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Order : 1886  (Read 9610 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 07, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »

Threw my $5 for a pre-order down on this.
Release date of 2-20. Uncharted with Were-Wolves? Oh hell yeah. I can't wait. Just listen to those damn guns. Soooo cool!!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:42:00 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:46:14 AM »

Damn that looks freakin' sweet.  This year looks a whole lot better for games than last year did....

I'll wait for a price-break before I throw my hat in.....

Xmas was good to me, and I have to play through Shadow of Mordor and Evil Within first......not to mention the awesome Game of Thrones game from Telltale. Cool Cool Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »

EDIT - New video as I think I made a mistake and made the embed to either Gamespot or IGN
(sorry guys)  
Grin

Now back to my original post ...

I have to play through Shadow of Mordor and Evil Within first......

Got through EVIL WITH-IN about 2 weeks ago. Its an okay game, pretty intense at times for sure and if you like survival horror you should like it, but one thing I hated (as I pretty much suck at games now) was the sparseness of the checkpoints. It wasn't too bad, but when I kept dying, it was tough for me to go all the way back to that last checkpoint  Cheesy

One word of advice, never run out of matches  Grin Can get real rough if you play the normal mode (which is pretty F'n hard)

Still, like I mentioned, some good scares and I never once played the game at night with the lights off.
 Grin Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:44:44 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 12:58:47 AM »

Perks of working of PlayStation?  I got a chance to play an early demo.  Game is gorgeous.

Perry, you mentioned THE EVIL WITHIN and, while I do like it, I'm actually looking more forward to the granddaddy of Survival Horror games, the original Resident Evil. It gets released next week and its remastered in Hi-Def for modern consoles.  Playstation owners who pre-order it through the PSN will be able to crossbuy it so you'll get it on the PS4 and the PS3.  Only available for PS owners.

Customers who pre-order the game through Steam will get a 30 track soundtrack and also a digital art book.

(man... looking that over, I sound like a commercial for RE... and PlayStations hypeman.  I need to be more console neutral)

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 01:47:13 AM »

(man... looking that over, I sound like a commercial for RE... and PlayStations hypeman.  I need to be more console neutral)

Not here you don't  Wink

And I think there is about two other decent looking horror games for the PS4 on the horizon as well, yeah?

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »

Speaking of Resident Evil... Cool

I'll be attending Capcom's Fright Club event in Hollywood tomorrow night that will have BOTH Resident Evil: Remastered plus Resident Evil: Revelations 2 titles playable via several XBox One, PS4, and PC gaming stations.

Many of the original voice actors will be there....like Wesker!

Plus the venue is 21+ with alcohol, which will make it a fun evening!

I'll post pics later....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 05:54:16 PM »

Sah-Weet  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »

Nice!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 12:31:26 AM »

Well, after spending the last four months eagerly awaiting this game THE ORDER: 1886 to come out, I decided to take the $5 I put down at Gamestop and transfer it to DRAGON AGE: INQUSITION so I could by that instead.

Not hearing what I was hoping I would hear about The Order ... I will wait and grab it for $20 instead. 6 hours of gameplay with a very weak IA and super linear play is not worth $60 ... no matter how great it looks (and it does still look great). I will try my hand, for the first time, at this RPG type of game instead.

I am both saddened by this turn and also happy as I look forward to dipping my toes in a new type of game for me.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:28 PM »

Dragon Age games are always GREAT.

I've only heard amazing things about this Inquisition one as well. Good choice. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 05:18:12 AM »

Ah... THE ORDER.  The last two weeks has felt like I've been running a PR campaign and working as a spin doctor.

Yes, the game is short.  However, it is as long as most modern games.  Which, is to say, 7-10 hrs of game.  Which is damn shame.  Especially at $60.  But, unfortunately, that's the reality of modern gaming.

And, yes, the game is linear.  But that is by design.  That 7-10 hrs and linear gameplay is how the developers wanted to tell their story.  And, by the end, you'll want to learn more about the world that the game inhabits. 

I'm not sure, Perry, what you mean by "weak IA".

As for the gameplay, it serves the purposes of the game.  Combined with the tight storytelling, it serves it's purpose well of immersing you in the world.  No, it is not a guns-blazing action game like Gears of War.  But the gunplay, stealth, and weapons are all fun (if not sometimes underutilized).

Is it worth $60?  That's a value judgement I can't make.  Is it a bad game?  No.  Bad implies that there is something fundamentally wrong with it (as in broken gameplay, glitchy graphics, horrible story or acting) and none of that is true.  What you have is a very cinematic, linear, story-driven, graphically intensive action game.  I recommend you give it a chance when you can.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »

What I mean by weak IA is the fact they rarely give you any trouble that is surprising. You can almost anticipate the direction or the up and down pattern for everyone but the Lycan's, at least on the gameplay videos I have seen.

And linear is an understatement from what I have seen. Following a path is one thing, but not allowing you to do anything, well hardly anything, while on that path is crazy.

A crowd is not always correct, but they can give you some ideas on what is good and what is bad about certain aspects of a game. I don't pay much attention to ratings, not much, but I do listen and the general consensuses is this game is mediocre.

I will jump on it one day, but I am not paying $60 for a game that has these issues that I feel will make me mad I spent $60. Yes ,games are always a value judgement, but can you honestly say that this game is worth $60 to you? Keeping in mind how much you paid to play it  Wink Smiley Grin Maybe you can, I don't know, all I know is while this game is gorgeous, it is not worth $60 for me.
 Smiley

But I will pick it up one day.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS