HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 02:39:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Snowpiercer - WTF!?!  (Read 4417 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: January 05, 2015, 02:45:43 AM »

Entertainment Weekly has the movie Snowpiercer on their 10 best list of 2014.

It's on Netflix, stars Captain America (Chris Evans), and takes place in a apocalyptic future.....sounded good to me.

What the hell did I just watch?!?!

Earth is frozen over, and the last inhabitants of the planet are on a train that circles the planet?!?!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Now, I'm the first person here to suspend disbelief, but this movie takes the cake.

Anyone else watch this?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:14:13 AM »

The book was better.

Grin

Truly was. This was not a horrible movie, but wasn't great either. The ending is different, and better, in the book (comic) as well.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:03:04 AM »

I've only heard utterly aghast comments from people who have watched it.

Me? I'm really trepidatious about movies now; I barely watch them any more.

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:58:43 AM »

The book was better.

Grin

Truly was. This was not a horrible movie, but wasn't great either. The ending is different, and better, in the book (comic) as well.

There was a comic?!?!

~Runs to wikipedia....

Ah ok......doesn't sound that much better, but I'll take your word for it!  Grin Cheesy Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »

The book was better.

Grin

There was a comic?!?!

~Runs to wikipedia....

Ah ok......doesn't sound that much better, but I'll take your word for it!  Grin Cheesy Grin

Cheesy
Well, yeah  Grin what I mean is ... let me put it this way ... I have a dog. And when it is time to clean up the yard, picking up a small piece of crap that has been baking in the sun for days and has gotten rather firm, is better than picking up a large pile that is fresh and sticking to the grass. They're both still crap, but I would rather deal with one over the other.

Cheesy Cheesy

(Sorry for going so gross on you guys)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS