HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:17:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Deathstroke - WTF?!?!  (Read 4399 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: January 05, 2015, 02:40:29 AM »

One of my new year's resolutions is to read more DC books(and comic books in general)...  Grin Cheesy Wink

Loved Deathstroke since I was a kid.  So I picked up Deathstroke #1-3 on a whim, and all I can say is....what. the. f#%$

He's like in his mid-20s now, and he has two eyes, instead of one.  Undecided

I knew I shouldn't expect much from Tony Daniel the writer.  DC doesn't have anyone else they can get to write one of their cooler villains?

Stay away from this one.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:20:00 AM »

What killed it for me was when I found out how HE found out (proved) he was younger. I mean, that just didn't seem at all like the Slade I know. Guess I wouldn't mind it if I was 15.
Still, it's almost as bad as "You don't know Dick" ... well ... Slade now does I guess
 Tongue

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:04 AM »

Heh. I've been liking this so far. I mean, only 2 issues in. There is enough of the comic dork in me to believe he'll lose his eye and age again. Hell, this could be temporary for Slade to get him to accomplish the mission that mystery dude wants him to.

For the most part...I've enjoyed the ventures that Daniel has written. So, I'm okay with it right now. Wink No matter what, when the mask is on, he's Deathstroke!

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:55:15 AM »

I just wanted more besides "F Face" and generic slicing and dicing to get from one story point to another.... Grin Grin Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 04:14:53 AM »

I just wanted more besides "F Face" and generic slicing and dicing to get from one story point to another.... Grin Grin Cheesy

And I totally get that too. Although...he is '..the Terminator' so I guess it fits!

But really, I want to see him hunt people down, too. Which, in a few small degrees, he has that at least started.

I don't have high expectations on this book; just to be better than anything Liefeld tried. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS