HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:08:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: December Previews - Whatcha gettin?  (Read 10316 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 06:04:19 PM »

Pfft.
I collected Star Wars comics for EIGHTEEN YEARS already. Where were you?  Wink

I've been reading those comics, bought all the books (yes, all of them....), keeping up with games, etc.

HAHA. sour puss.  Grin

I was a Star Wars fan before you were born and you ask where was I?  Cheesy  Wink  Wink Cheesy Cheesy And just because you bought all of those books, most of them pretty damn badly written, makes you what? Better? Sorry if I like good stories.
 Tongue

Wink

I can count the good Star Wars Extended Universe stories on one hand ... maybe two hands if I stretch it. Sure, Timothy Zahn wrote a few good books and of course the Black Fleet and Han Solo stuff was all fine, and even Kathy Tyers(sp?) had some good ideas. Hell, I will even go as far as saying with the comics that the first 20 or 24 issues of Legacy were pretty damn good as was Star Wars Tales and Dark Empire had some moments, but lets not act like there were a lot of great stuff out there. 80% of the Star Wars Extended stuff was pretty damn bad and you know it.
 Grin

I have no interest whatsoever in a reboot. Watching Luke learn-again- how to be a Jedi. The growing, budding romance of Han and Leia. Remnants of the Empire.

Yes, yes, bitch about this reboot because a new company took over yet still buy your "new" and "recently rebooted" Superman that has been restarted 5 or 6 times now ... by the same damn company. Yeah, that makes sense.  Wink
 Cheesy Cheesy

Enjoy buying any number of the 35 first issue variants.

Your hate about variants is confusing. Especially as I, like most comic buyers, have no interest in the variants. Just because a company makes them doesn't mean I have to buy them. But for those that do enjoy alternate covers, it gives them another thing to collect if they choose to. Calling them out for that ... that attempt at shaming ...  Embarrassed

EDIT 2 - And its up to 45 variants now  Tongue - According to this anyway

Man, and I thought I was suppose to be the old grumpy guy on this forum.
 Grin

EDIT - so you are not even going to see this movie then as it will ruin what the past books have said happened after the first three?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:55:11 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 05:38:14 AM »

I've come home this evening, in a rather foul mood myself with personal life.

Perry, you could have ended with sour puss. And it's completely true.

I DID mean to come back to apologize, and at least add that I hope any and all like and enjoy it. Goodie for you.

I realize you are coming off as snarky as well, tongue in cheek too, and having some fun with me...but with an edge.

It's online, so we have to use smiley faces to cut the vitriol that words may imply...or, try to cut off how I interpret the response.

But I interpret the words differently. MY mood doesn't help at this moment.

But,
---ah you know, what, fuck it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »

But,
---ah you know, what, fuck it.

Smiley
All good, Jimbo. No butt hurt here. We all have to get shit off our chest sometimes.  Cheesy

Yes I came off a tad snarky, but only in response to your bitterness. You started your post with it and ended even worse, but honestly, all my reactions were in fun and not questioning your resolve as much as your anger logic.  Grin Anger logic is like drunk logic and boy do I spew that from time to time.  Cheesy
We all get pissy from time to time, God knows I do  Cheesy, but your reactions to my post, a post made obviously in jest, left the door open for a zing filled replies (and you should know that if I have any chance to throw Superman around, I will  Cheesy)

We will discuss further when your mood lightens ... or we wont if you want to end the discussion here or if feelings were ruffled too much.  (though I would still love to know if you anger extends to the new movie)
 Smiley

And again ... I am suppose to be the grumpy one, so stop taking my spot!!!  Angry

Wink
 Grin

EDIT - And in hindsight, perhaps I should have just left it at "Sour puss"  Undecided

Having said all that ...

I've come home this evening, in a rather foul mood myself with personal life.

Hope things have turned around for you by now, but if not I hope it will soon. Be safe, be smart and be strong

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:02:55 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »

I, indeed, am glad that I only reacted as I did.

Sorry for the hub-bub.

I will see the movie; it's Star Wars. I don't get to see much Star Wars movies, as 6 were made, but I still only want to watch 3.

(and I see it's up to 46 covers at least now; I just laugh! Its so weird to do that! lol)

...my wife and I have been married for 7 months now, and she's gone through 2 miscarriages. Says there is strength in telling. Most of the time I know I'm doing better than her. But, she got mail inviting her to get some free formula  in the mail, and it broke her down-and I wasn't home. She typed "I couldn't handle all the dishes; I just went over to Jenny's."

I read it as shit hit defcon 6, and had to just bail. She meant it as "i didn't have time to finish dishes, sorry, I had to go babysit."

So, I get home, late, after that, she's asleep, I'm way out of sorts, and, well, ya know. I couldn't read it as fun ribbing and jabs. So, sorry.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Jimmy.  My wife and I went through similar issues early in our marriage.  It can make the wife a little crazy sometimes but a lot of understanding helped make our marriage stronger.  I feel for you and will keep you in my thoughts.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »

Dude! Never worry about hurting feelings here on a freaking board. As far as what you and the Mrs. are going through, that is rough. Yeah, "rough" is exactly what it is. There is no "easy" or "soft" way to deal with that. Just know a couple things -

Yes, it does indeed help to talk about it. Even if just in writing form as it is cathartic and soothing even if you don't feel the effect as soon as you do it. Discussing things that bother, worry, frustrate or in your case totally wipe your mind and heart out, releases tension and that is always a good thing.

You are very correct when you say you are doing better than her. You will always handle it better (and I know that you feel like shit right now, so that really sucks) but the mom/child relationship ... ESPECIALLY while stile in the womb, is a connection that no man could ever imagine nor share. We can try to understand and we can love and try to be as tender and as helpful and caring as we can, even though we are also dying inside, but just always know she is worse off than you will ever be.

Very sorry to hear about this shit, and I hope it is just a matter of bad timing biologically (Shit that sounds harsh and uncaring, but I hope you know what I mean) ... and not a situation medically. Take care of her, and yourself, and give her lots of time to recover (you as well) but at the same time watch out that she doesn't stay in the dark too long. It can be a mental challenge to recover from but the main thing is that you both do recover.

Stay strong and love your woman hard enough to get her strong again.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:14:25 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts, gentleman.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 02:45:26 PM »

Went ahead and dropped my Star Wars #2 order down to two issues instead of three. Damn trailer got too many excited and it looks like this may be the first comic to hit the million mark in quite some time.

Also added Black Mask from Archie comics on, temporarily. They are starting a new line called Dark Circle and they will have three titles coming out so I may try to hit them up for awhile. The first one, this Black Mask is written by Duane Swierczynski who I like and then Mark Waid will be doing The Fox (relaunching from Archie's Red Circle line), which looks fun as hell and then they have the Shield as well.

May just give them all a shot for a month or two. or may change my mind. HA

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS