HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:23:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: December Previews - Whatcha gettin?  (Read 10315 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 05, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »

A slight increase in volume this month, but not too bad
 Grin

ALL NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #4
ANGELA ASGARDS ASSASSIN #3 (Mixed reviews, but I love Marvel Norse God stuff and she is part so giving it time)
BATMAN #39
DARTH VADER #1 (2 copies, but kinda confused as this was originally stated as ongoing but this says limited series?)
DARTH VADER #2 (2 copies)
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #4 (Getting raves. So glad I added this back on. Resell value high  Grin)
GRAYSON #7 (Another book getting attention. Which means better Ebay sales in the future  Grin)
GUARDIANS 3000 #5
INHUMAN #12 (Now that shield is on hiatus, need to start reading this again  Smiley)
MULTIVERSITY MASTERMEN #1
NAMELESS #1 (I should wait for HC, but will help sell Multiversity when combined. And I love me some Burnham)
STAR WARS #2 (2 copies. Took a resell hit when trailer dropped before final cutoff. More preorders now hurts me later)
THOR #5
THOR ANNUAL #1
UNCANNY AVENGERS #2
BLACK HOOD #1

Decided to not get Walking Dead vol 11. Still have almost two volumes to read (I know I read up to issue 100) and when combined with the current tv show and with the second tv show on the horizon, I am already starting to tire of the sadness that this book brings. Great that it hits with that much emotion, but too much melancholy is too much. I need more Invincible to counteract this and it is behind schedule  Grin. Will pick up vol 11 in the future, I am sure.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:34:16 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:20:33 PM »

I actually had a slight decrease this month....go me! Grin

American vampire 2nd cycle 9
walking dead 137
wytches 5
conan the avenger 11
joe Frankenstein 1
satellite sam 11
darth vader 1 and 2
star wars 2
Godzilla: rulers of the earth 21
star trek 42
back issue 79
thor epic collection: to wake the mangog

does anyone have any info on whether or not marvel has cancelled the soft cover masterworks series?  in my own investigation I have seen conflicting remarks.  I would have held off on the thor epic collection if I knew for sure that I would be able to get it in masterwork softcover form later down the line.  I held off on buying fantastic four vol. 10 due to this also.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »

All I know is the new Epics have replaced the Essentials, but it does make sense that they would also replace softcover Masterworks as they are basically the same thing ... kinda (I say having never yet read any of the new Epic line)
 Undecided

So ... yeah ... sorry for wasting your time telling you all the stuff you already know.
 Grin

EDIT - And I see that Marvel did indeed pull you back in with Star Wars. YAY  Smiley
(I am so damn excited about this series. I hope you are too)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:56:25 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:31:25 PM »

That's cool you are!

I do wonder; did you ever read any of the Dark Horse SW comics?

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »

EDIT - And I see that Marvel did indeed pull you back in with Star Wars. YAY  Smiley

yeah, I know.   Tongue  but the second I see a darth vader/dr.doom or wolverine/Chewbacca crossover, I AM OUT!  that also goes for a multi title spanning crossover with multi limited series relating to said crossover. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »

Well I think it will be many a moon until we would see a star wars/marvel 616 crossover, not counting any "special" one-time events for promotion or X-mas or games (Like Disney's Infinity) or whatever. I mean Star Wars happened a long, long time ago ...  Wink Grin Cheesy, but I am sure their will be multi-title Star Wars cross-overs. Why wouldn't there be? There was at Dark Horse, and it is a "universe" of stories so I am sure Marvel will have them also before too long. You know those will be coming.
 Wink

Edit -And come on, man  Smiley you know all those tie-ins are crap usually. You never have to buy them to get the story.

Civil War was a fantastic event for me and I read not one single tie-in. Just ignore the tie-ins  Smiley

And Forever Evil, written by Johns, was really only tied into what ever else Johns was writing. Those other tie-ins didn't effect anything, unless you read them and then it kinda made the scope grander (IE: what happened with the Rouges).

You know comic companies make money how they can. 419 different covers or 368 different tie-in issues are a way to help that when you are only selling 400,000 comics when you use to sell 4,000,000. Don't hate them for trying to stay in business.
 Smiley

These are not pharmaceutical companies, oil companies or politicians  Grin Companies EVERYONE should hate with a passion. Let go of the hate, my man. Like the Force, let it flow ... out of you.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:00:03 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »

Ok here we go.  Went ahead and picked up the Star Wars stuff even though I have MU.  Figured I could always offload these on eBay and recoup my cost.  Plus - I just can't wait six months to read Jason Aaron on Star Wars.

BATMAN #39    
GRAYSON #7    
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #9    
NEW 52 FUTURES END #40   
NEW 52 FUTURES END #41    
NEW 52 FUTURES END #42    
NEW 52 FUTURES END #43   

EPOCHALYPSE #4    
FADE OUT #5 (MR)    
MORNING GLORIES #46 (MR)    
NAMELESS #1 (MR)    for Grant Morriosn
POSTAL #1    Not sure why but they solicited a bunch of alternate covers.  Makes me wonder if it’s the next big thng.
RASPUTIN #5 (MR)    Gotta support Alex Grecian
SECRET IDENTITIES #1    
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #8 (MR)    
WALKING DEAD #137 (MR)    

DARTH VADER #1 (OF 6)    
DARTH VADER #2 (OF 6)    
STAR WARS #2    

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 02:00:19 AM »

These are not pharmaceutical companies, oil companies or politicians  Grin Companies EVERYONE should hate with a passion. Let go of the hate, my man. Like the Force, let it flow ... out of you.  Grin

Roll Eyes

Take your own advice man. Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 03:26:36 AM »

Have you contacted DCBS about issue 1 of Star Wars?

Edit -

And ... What hate? What you mean, man?  Smiley

Are you talking about stuff like Arrow or ....  Huh

I mean, I may absolutely hate Arrow but I don't hate CW for making it. I just can't stand the show.  If that is what you mean  Smiley

EDIT 2 - And if you are talking about my recent rant to you about politics, I did cover that as one of the things everyone should hate on.
 Grin

but other than that ... have I hated lately ? Maybe I did ... but don't remember  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:35:19 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 04:29:20 AM »

Just jabbing you about Pharm and Oil companies.   Wink

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »

All I know is the new Epics have replaced the Essentials, but it does make sense that they would also replace softcover Masterworks as they are basically the same thing ... kinda (I say having never yet read any of the new Epic line)
 Undecided

So ... yeah ... sorry for wasting your time telling you all the stuff you already know.
 Grin

I found the unfortunate truth....

http://www.collectededitions.com/marvel/features/ce_spotlight_102614.html

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »

Well at least they are going out with a good one. Sorry man  Undecided

But are the Softcover Masterworks that much different than the Epics? I ask as I never have looked inside nor handled the them.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »

DEATHSTROKE #5
FLASH #39 BLANK VAR ED
JUStICE LEAGUE 3000 #14 (cuz Giffen tells me to buy it..and I enjoy it, too!)
ALL NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #4
HULK #11
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #9 (final chance, PAD. Looks like Spider-verse is over)
SUPERMAN #39 HARLEY QUINN VAR ED
WONDER WOMAN HC VOL 06 BONES
BATMAN HC VOL 06 THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
ACTION COMICS #36
GREEN ARROW #36
WONDER WOMAN #36
SINESTRO #10
GUARDIANS 3000 #5
AQUAMAN #36
AQUAMAN & THE OUTSIDERS #10 (I really need to quit this book..maybe another month Smiley )

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »

Uh-Oh, one of us didn't get Star Wars?

Quick guys, grab those rocks lying beside you and get ready to hurl them at this blasphemous cur !!!
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »

Pfft.

I collected Star Wars comics for EIGHTEEN YEARS already. Where were you?  Wink

I've been reading those comics, bought all the books (yes, all of them....), keeping up with games, etc.

I have no interest whatsoever in a reboot. Watching Luke learn-again- how to be a Jedi. The growing, budding romance of Han and Leia. Remnants of the Empire.

To me, this is Ultimate Comics Star Wars. I have nothing in me to care about it at all.

Enjoy buying any number of the 35 first issue variants.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS