HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:39:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: random questions on re-solicits  (Read 4499 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: December 04, 2014, 05:14:21 AM »

How will I know if something I ordered has been re-solicited? I just ask because I see the Superman Unchained HC resolicited for this month, and I had on the original occasion pre-ordered it. (Same thing with a Hellblazer trade for this month).

Also, is there a point where something old won't be filled? This speaks to 2 other Hellblazer trades that are not filled, but the other 2 I ordered already arrived last month.

Just curious about where I should read about it-or if I should just email then.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »

How will I know if something I ordered has been re-solicited? I just ask because I see the Superman Unchained HC resolicited for this month, and I had on the original occasion pre-ordered it. (Same thing with a Hellblazer trade for this month).

If you need to know for sure if something has been canceled or re-solicited, just go HERE and click on the month in question.
The codes on the left of the item will tell the situation (#2 means re-solicited ... you can see the "code key" above the dates if you ever forget.
 Smiley

I tend to check it out at the beginning of each month ... just in-case  Wink

(Also ... not sure if that linked page actually resets every month, so if it doesn't show January when it is time to show January, just look to the left-hand side and under "RELEASE INFO" you will see the cancellations link and that will take you to an updated page.)
 Wink

Also, is there a point where something old won't be filled? This speaks to 2 other Hellblazer trades that are not filled, but the other 2 I ordered already arrived last month.

Just curious about where I should read about it-or if I should just email then.

For older books, and this has happened to me once also ... I gave them 2 shipments to send my book, but -
A) That was back when I had bi-monthly shipping, so it was only a month passed before I e-mailed them. I emailed them and it was shipped right out with my next order. Just a mistake. It happens
B) I now that 3 months ago the two companies (DCBS and In-Stock Trades) did a location split where one of them moved to a totally different city (not sure if this was amicable or a nasty divorce thing  Cheesy) so your order may have just been forgotten in the shuffle. Sad that this is now happened to you twice.
 Embarrassed

What usually happens is they ship the "older" book the same month you placed your order, not making you wait for the two months it takes for your pre-orders to come in and then ship, but I don't think you are a constant monthly buyer for one (if I am mistaken I am sorry) and with the movie, your order may have ... well ya know, got mixed up.

Bottom line is yes, e-mail them asap  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »

A quick email, and 2 days later a response that was essentially "oops; those are pulled for your next shipment!"

Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »

Well at least they got it fixed I suppose.  Smiley
They always take at least 2 days to get back with ANY correspondence. I don't know if they only read their e-mails on certain days or if they are that back-logged, but I have never had them answer an e-mail the same day, unless I reply to one of theirs right after they send it. (I just got an answer yesterday about changing my expiration date on my card, and I sent that last Friday)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »

Well, they said they pulled 2 for shipment...but only 1 was filled. No word from my first email on January 29th (yes, I realize the time of year, but was everyone off the entire week?), and sent another email yesterday. That got a response, and they said they will order more from distributor and that it should arrive to them in a week or two.

First world problems, first world problems.  Cool  Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »

... No word from my first email on January 29th

January 29th?
 Cheesy

And yeah, they could have all went for a off week. One the LCS here did. Not saying that is what happened though.

Still shocked that this happened like this. Guess if you aint a regular you aint nothing.
YOU AINT NOTHING!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy
 Grin Grin
 Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:32:55 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:17 AM »

Dammit; December (yeah, you got it, I"m just ...I gotten the dumbs).

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 01:49:52 PM »

Dammit; December (yeah, you got it, I"m just ...I gotten the dumbs).

I Always enjoy the new year screw ups. I will still write 2014 well into June.
 Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS