HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 11:34:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JSA  (Read 3367 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

JSA
« on: November 21, 2014, 01:32:44 PM »

Oh lord, went inside a rabbit hole I didn't want to travel down quite yet. Started reading JSA. I mean, I have so many comics and collected editions to read now (plus more hitting my door today) what the hell am I thinking reading that right now? No idea. None. But getting a quick refresher of the characters while at the Wesley Dodds funeral, seeing those damn zombie, Anibus cult followers rise from the ground and seeing that damn "... infamous SCARAB!!" at the end of the issue just got my blood pumping for some JSA.

I have read this all before, that is what is killing me. I have all this stuff coming in and yet I keep getting drawn back to these older issues of stuff that I have already read. I mean, if the new stuff I am getting was bad ... or at least non-nondescript I could understand, but the new stuff I am reading is great, to me. I am enjoying the hell out of it. But why is it sometimes such a burden to just pick up one of the new issues and yet so comforting to pick up the old?

You know what? I just ran to the last page of JSA issue #2 without reading it, reminded myself of the upcoming story (Mordru) and decided to just wait. I have to knock out some of this newer stuff first. Hell, I would probably get sidetracked on this title anyway like I did with Exiles
 Undecided Angry

And thinking back on this title has me now jonesing for Johns' Hawkman run ... hhjmmm ... that was fun ... maybe I will grab that and ....

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »

ah yes - John's JSA - great run.  One of my favorites also.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »

I now only have 1 bookshelf to myself after the move into the house, so all my trades don't get to sit out in splendor. So, I have to choose what sits out on them. Stuff I want to reread, or am currently reading.

I may move all my JSA trades out so that I do have easier access to read them. Man, those first 50 issues alone...greatness!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS