HR Boards
July 27, 2017, 09:48:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 8260 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 15, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »

Now I know this should probably go under the "Small Screen" thread, but as it has been a couple months since any X activity, I thought I would throw this here ...

Just watched the completed motion comic of Joss Whedon's Astonishing and I am blown away by how well done it was. Yes, it is that crappy moving a picture animation, but it was well done, most of the times, and didn't distract from the story, most of the times.
 Grin

I had watched the first "season", animating the first 6 issues of Whedon's run, but I never knew they finished the series until I saw it on Netflix yesterday. Well I had to sit and watch that damn thing, right? Sadly, Netflix only has parts 2, 3 and 4 (collecting issues 7-27 and the Giant Size finale) and I was worried I wouldn't be able to see part 1, even though I had already seen it, it has been a long time and I felt I needed a refresher, but luckily HULU had it (I just had to sit through their damn commercial breaks  Angry)

Anywho, got to say, if you have not seen this "movie" in its entirety and you either never read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run or it has been, like me, a long time since you read it, you should most certainly check this out. The voice acting and story are top notch, filled with fantastic dialog and great humor, and the animation, if you want to call it that ... again ... is not that bad.
 Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS