HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:15:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I may buy all these Convergence books  (Read 4742 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: November 12, 2014, 03:03:38 AM »

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/11/dc-comics-announces-ten-convergence-titles-and-creative-teams/

Check out the synopsis. If my dollars get these worlds/characters back, I'm in.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:15:41 AM »

So this takes place in the Flashpoint world?

I'm tempted to jump on this but want a little more information.  But yeah - Pre-Flashpoint Wally West I'm all over that.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:26:13 AM »

Not sure if it's all Flashpoint world, or, due to a 'convergence' we will see Flashpoint versions along with Pre-New characters.

Seeing Superman kiss Lois sets me off in all kinds of manners-and in that uniform!!!!

What will happen...what will happen....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »

Hmmm seems to be the old "converging" onto the new for two months.

The Question is the only title that interests me as the other creative teams do nothing to little for me, except for Speedforce that has Bedard and Grummet, but ... well maybe that one as well.

Not going to buy as I can't sell 2 or 4 issues on Ebay for anything worthwhile, but I do expect reports from you guys.  Grin

Also hope it sells well enough to show the DC guys they need to go back. Just no red underwear Supes please.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »

I won't lie; I love seeing the old non-armor Superman, but yeah...I can even agree that the trunks have seen their day. I'm fine without undies on the outside!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »

I was at one of the shops around here last night and someone said that there will be forty titles getting the two issue treatment, not just the ten titles listed in that link !!!! Uh-Oh, more chances to find something I want to buy.  Angry  Grin

But Jimmy, would you still get them all if it is forty of them to get? 80 issues instead of 20? I mean, I wouldn't blame you for doing so, supporting the cause and all, but that is a lot of books. Of course as long as they spread them out with 10 a month or something ... maybe ...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:57:46 AM »

Well, I knew it was 2 months worth of books.

However, I may have been a little more than glib about getting all of them.  Grin

Titans? Naw. Question? Nope. The Atom, Batgirl, Nightwing/Oracle, Harley Quin? Probably not.

So...not quite all of them. But the want to see all the rest is quite high!  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »

I would lobby for you getting the Question.  With Rucka writing it I'm betting it will be the best of the bunch.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS