HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:07:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55729 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »

Well, I kept the last issue, er, episode on the dvr, so I can watch it again before the new one airs tomorrow!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2015, 02:10:35 AM »

AND WE'RE BACK......!!!

Super Hero Team up! That Atom suit and uses look better and better each time out, and man, tv cgi has come a LONG way.

It's a bit of a wanker episode though. Final tension of the boss fight and her motivations were weak-like 60's comics villain exposition weak. It truly only served as a vehicle to get the crossover to work together.

and its the crossover that makes the rest of the ep work. Ray works so well with this group. He, and this Atom presentation, are such...good guys. It's hard to see him do well in Starling! That, and his story in Arrow has been a sider note to Ollie's story...but I digress.

It's fun to see that even though the future was changed...that time still occurred? So Cisco is starting to recall remember it? Hmm....as long as it serves internal story logic, sure, why not.

Iris works much better in any scene where she's not opposite Barry. Her relationship issues with Eddie, as seen by the last scene, are done well, seem 'real' and have consequence. The stuff with Barry on the couch is CW melodrama. HA!  Cool

Super excited for next weeks ep! More crossover!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »

I love this show and
I love seeing some Emily Rickards (Felicity Smoak) and I enjoyed seeing our girl 'Beth' from the Walking Dead revived, if only to "bee" a villain (  Grin yeah, I went there .. haha) but not one of the better episodes really. Other than at the very end when I wanted another 15 minutes of this episode!!!!!
 Grin

And also, I hate ... just absolutely hate
that the Atom can fly. I asked Jimmy about that and he said they did do that in the comic at some point, so I am glad I can't condemn the makers of the show for going out there, but having Atom have the ability to fly just takes away from his name. Yes, I am aware that atoms can "fly" around (and Electrons themselves do so much more) but to me, he is just a cheap Iron Man knock off now instead of being the great character he could be.

A few nit-picks here -
Atom says the bees can't penetrate his uniform or outfit ... costume, yet his face is almost completely open. Bees couldn't have gotten him there?

When Cisco saves Ray, both Ray and Felicity have their backs turned or not paying attention anyway. They then turn around and see Cisco holding his neck. They have no knowledge of what happened to him other than he was stung. Ray then concludes that Cisco saved him (Ray)? Man, is that an ego or what?  Grin How do you know he just didn't get stung because he was there or that he was the target? He literally didn't see a damn thing.

And lastly, again, I have to ask ... Why in the @#&% did Barry unmask to Eddie? Now all it is doing is causing problems with Eddie and Iris with no other benefit to anyone at all. And what guy is going to let his woman, his love, get pissed like that about a situation like this? Not me, I would be all "Barry, you need to tell her or I am. I aint losing my night-time lovin' because you showed me your face for some damn reason that makes no sense"
 Cheesy

EDIT -
And why did the bees attack Barry after they flew out of the guys mouth? They were programmed to attack the one guy not Barry. And if they just attacked him because he was there, why didn't they attack Joe when he arrived to save Barry?   Wink

Still loving the show and look forward to next week !!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:23:56 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2015, 02:22:53 AM »

Who is Harrison Welles?

A bit of a blah episode to me. More about the characters playing off each other, and it's a bit weak at that. I think the best part was the road conversation between West and Lance, as the double entendre and double meanings apropos for each others lives' really was a smart bit of writing.

I always laughed really hard at "here is a list of people who said they were innocent of crimes in the last year" No shit, right? They said they didn't do it? lol

This CW show just happened to break down in trying to be a bit more cop procedural, and it just really showed that the writers don't write a cop procedural.

But next week looks like a smooth bit of ass whupping!!!  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »

This was the worst episode of the Flash I have seen.

This was bad all over the place, from ridiculous law hyperbole (Suddenly at least six people charged with the crimes have an alibi so now they are released? And can't you just check Thawns gun to see if it had fired any shots?) to ridiculous powers (how does a guy that can change into "ANYBODY" suddenly get the power to also arm himself with guns and pepper spray that the original bodies where carrying?) to cops being stupid (you know your "partner" is the Flash, but when a villain escapes, he runs to the front door and you see the bad guy at the back door you don't yell "FLASH, OVER HERE!"?) to at least five or six other problems. Ugh. This was bad.

The last three scenes saved it for me though.

One Cisco discovering the room and then three, two them going in the room and three Barry seeing the headline " Flash disappears during  "Crisis"  Grin

But what I want to know, did anyone see ...
right after that scene when Joe and the Doc were leaving each other, the camera panned to show that huge plaque ... and it was the Justice League !!!! I got Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman. There are three left, the center guy (Zues) is suppose to be Supes I think, but I can't see an "S", to his left, our right I guess is Batman (is that a bat on his head? What is in his hands? The batbelt? and the lower left, with the fire at the bottom, is that Martian Manhunter or Cyborg? It looks like he is holding a hammer and there is fire, so maybe he is suppose to Hephaestus and thus metal/Cyborg?

Of course maybe I was just seeing things in the Greek Gods pictured and all it was what an image of the Gods of Olympus?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »

This was the worst episode of the Flash I have seen.

This was bad all over the place, from ridiculous law hyperbole (Suddenly at least six people charged with the crimes have an alibi so now they are released? And can't you just check Thawns gun to see if it had fired any shots?) to ridiculous powers (how does a guy that can change into "ANYBODY" suddenly get the power to also arm himself with guns and pepper spray that the original bodies where carrying?) to cops being stupid (you know your "partner" is the Flash, but when a villain escapes, he runs to the front door and you see the bad guy at the back door you don't yell "FLASH, OVER HERE!"?) to at least five or six other problems. Ugh. This was bad.

We agree. Fully. On all issues alluded to.

The last three scenes saved it for me though.

But what I want to know, did anyone see ...
right after that scene when Joe and the Doc were leaving each other, the camera panned to show that huge plaque ... and it was the Justice League !!!! I got Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman. There are three left, the center guy (Zues) is suppose to be Supes I think, but I can't see an "S", to his left, our right I guess is Batman (is that a bat on his head? What is in his hands? The batbelt? and the lower left, with the fire at the bottom, is that Martian Manhunter or Cyborg? It looks like he is holding a hammer and there is fire, so maybe he is suppose to Hephaestus and thus metal/Cyborg?

Of course maybe I was just seeing things in the Greek Gods pictured and all it was what an image of the Gods of Olympus?

Always been there Perry. Wink It was a fun mini-easter egg from the first episode, having the greek gods there paralleling the League.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »

Always been there Perry. Wink It was a fun mini-easter egg from the first episode, having the greek gods there paralleling the League.

Cheesy  Grin       Angry

Grin Cheesy
I thought I'd seen it before, but for some reason the "Justice" word just really stuck out for me this time. Almost like a new plaque.
 Grin
Shit
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »

Putting this here for some reason, maybe because I still haven't watched this weeks episode yet and this is kinda related so ... Okay, I don't know why, but here it is.

We all know that the big two have treated creators like shit at times. From denying usage pay to downright thievery, but I saw this today and just had to shake my head in shame. Shame that a U.S company would treat one of it's own in such a bullshit manner (not surprised by it mind you)

So Gerry Conway (and Al Milgrom) have apparently brought up the case to DC or their lawyers about them using their character Killer Frost in this new Flash show, without any compensation for them being the creators. Well DC responded with something that will just have your head spinning.
 Cheesy

Conway writes - (Clipped from HERE ... and you really should read the entire article)

"You’ll be pleased to hear (I hope) that DC agrees I and Al Milgrom are the co-creators of all manifestations of “Killer Frost.” We are also considered the co-creators of Crystal Frost. And, of course, by the twisted logic that credits Power Girl as a derivation of Superman, Al and I must also be the creators of Killer Frost’s New 52 secret identity, Caitlin Snow. Right? No. We’re not. And DC insists we are not. And I agree with DC. Caitlin Snow was created by Sterling Gates and Derlis Santacruz.
Except, according to DC Entertainment, she wasn’t. Because she was “derived” from the original creation of Killer Frost. Which means Al Milgrom and I created her. Except, according to DC Entertainment, we didn’t. Nobody created her. Or, rather, nobody gets credit and creator equity participation for creating her.
And that, my friends, is truly obnoxious and despicable."

Wow!
 Roll Eyes

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2015, 03:58:33 AM »

All I can muster currently is

"grrrrrr..........."

Angry

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2015, 03:31:54 PM »

This weeks episode was great.  BUT - Next weeks is the one I've been waiting for all season!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »

Without spoilery stuff....man, these shows (Arrow & Flash) do some amazing things at eps 19, then let it simmer back down until season finale. VERY glad to see Grodd here; but the show is definitely a bit on the easy roil since the fit hit the shan with Reverse Flash reveals.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2015, 02:04:56 AM »

I could have done with a little more "Jaws" like Grodd. Instead of the barrels trick to make up for the creature not working or looking right, use shadows, sounds and vocals.

Grodd just looked awful at times. I know you're on a budget, but show us the power by not showing us everything sometimes.

And Candice Patton is a much better actress than anything else on CW.  Her Iris is fantastic when emotions are needed. Still a little too dramatic with the directing, but this girl goes above and beyond the teen channel skills.
Major props to her.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2015, 05:20:51 AM »

And Candice Patton is a much better actress than anything else on CW.  Her Iris is fantastic when emotions are needed. Still a little too dramatic with the directing, but this girl goes above and beyond the teen channel skills.
Major props to her.

Wow....I woulda thought that you would have hated her most on this show! Mostly because she's had to fill in as the girlfriend of both hero and human side of the same person. The tweeny angst, etc etc. To be fair, she'll probably be a bit better from this point forward, as the stories don't have to duck around her, but I won't lie that I think she's the one I like least on the show.

Cisco's personality has really grown on me; so much that I just know he's that kind of a geek, so it's fun to watch him just be him. Kaitlin...well...she's been a bit of a cypher too, actually. She's the smarts, she had a deep personal hurt-that's been resolved-and now she's just like a member of HR at your company. Sure, she's helpful, but you aren't going to be best friends with her. Maybe if we continual to see more that she's been the one most betrayed by the secrets of this season.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »

Do you like the character the least least or the actress the least, because I am only talking acting talent here. I meant that her tweeny angst is portrayed in a more milder, real life way than any of the other girls on these two shows. Between the Lance girls, Miss Snow and the cute Felicity (whom I sure like watching), Iris handles the emotional side with more composure and skill than all the other ladies. More standard acting and less daytime tv melodrama acting
 Wink

The character is .. well ... not nothing, as she is (or was) a major driving force for Barry, but let's just say used more as a foil, distraction or obstruction up until now. Hopefully
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2015, 02:27:22 PM »

Do you like the character the least least or the actress the least,
Oh, character for sure. I mean, yeah, what character? She always shows up with the biggest smile; a smile that is oblivious to the world around her. No clue how deeply Barry loves her (but this happens in life too), oblivious to how serious Eddie is for her (but this happens in real life too...), hmm....I guess what I really haven't liked about the character is that her actions seem inconsequential to the lives of those around her. Barry and Eddie (and Joe) feel utterly the same way about her, no matter if she was dumb about something, smart and cagey, or worried. Hmm...gotta roll that around on my tongue to see if I made sense of what I said. More than ANYTHING-under utilized or just misrepresented.

Between the Lance girls, Miss Snow and the cute Felicity (whom I sure like watching), Iris handles the emotional side with more composure and skill than all the other ladies. More standard acting and less daytime tv melodrama acting
 Wink

Up until they had Felicity be more of a crying shrinking violet the last 8 eps this season, I would for sure make the strongest case that she was far better than Iris in all those regards.

And as it is, since Iris was boring, I haven't watched to really gauge her. I will say, Iris is already FAAAAAR better than Laurel Sn 1 was, that's no doubt!! Iris certainly has worked better with little she's had in comparison!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS