HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:38:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55756 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 01:21:53 PM »

i am probably a little late to the party for this, but I have been behind in my viewing and just watched the last 4 episodes over the past 2 days. 

I think Harrison wells is really....

barry allen.  more specifically, the barry allen who disappeared in the "crisis" alluded to in the newspaper headline from the future which he was looking at earlier in the season.  I think he somehow found himself in the past and put things in motion to possibly stop whatever crisis is coming from happeneing.

what sayest thou, fellow realmers?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »

Me likey!!!!

EDIT - But wait, thinking on it more
"the man in yellow" did kill his mom, why would Barry from the future put that costume on? I mean, I guess to invoke the drive in younger Barry to get better, stronger and faster, I suppose. Your idea does make a lot of sense as to why the good doctor is "helping" Barry, but putting on the outfit of your mothers killer is a little ... odd and creepy ... yeah?

And of course - EDIT 2  Grin - You posting this idea, led me into a fast little research of the show, and I came across something I didn't know and am kinda shocked no-one has brought it up (of course now I need to go back and see if someone did bring it up  Cheesy) ... that the name of the uber-mechanic on this Flash show - Cisco Ramon - is the name of
the DC comic character Vibe!!!
WTF? How am I just now getting this information?

Shocked
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:27:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »

I think Harrison wells is really....

barry allen.  more specifically, the barry allen who disappeared in the "crisis" alluded to in the newspaper headline from the future which he was looking at earlier in the season.  I think he somehow found himself in the past and put things in motion to possibly stop whatever crisis is coming from happeneing.

what sayest thou, fellow realmers?

As I looked over the thread, I realized I never discussed this very point! Smiley

I've talked about it with friends, but never brought the point up here until now. This is certainly an angle I'm still considering to actually occur. Thanks for bringing it up here jedicow!

Think about it:

Wells and Barry even visually look a little like each other. Imagine Barry in 10 years disappears during the Red Skies event (like the paper says), goes back in time 25 years+, is involved with the murder of Mrs. Allen, then lives those 15 years until the particle accelerator accident. That adds another 25 years to his life, and since Barry is 25 years old right now, that puts him near to 50...which is what Wells looks like. Hell, if you analyze some prior eps, Wells cadence of speech is similar to Barry's speech too. That, and Wells is very up on all the  math and speeds for things to occur as the Flash.

1. The older Allen blood marker? That doesn't mean it's current Barry blood; it could be future Barry blood too! The man in yellow may still be a Thawne-Zoom. Imagine future Barry back in the past to stop his mothers murder (hence his disappearance), can't stop the murder, but kills Zoom. Now, perhaps for some reason he loses his speed powers, but Zoom is different and that Zoom collects tachyons for speed (as what that computer keeps saying to Wells, and why he stole that device); hence, why future Barry takes the suit of the murderer and uses it for his own. Perhaps this future Barry wasn't ready to do what he should have done to stop Zoom earlier, so he now figures he'll harden current Barry to be ready to kill Zoom earlier-and then now be able to save his mother's life.

2. I also subscribe to the fact that there will be 2 Zooms. I'm just not sure that Wells is Eobard Thawne. Doesn't seem right for what Thawne would want to do.

3. WHAT if, due to all the future tech with him, Wells is actually from the 30th century, and he happens to be Impulse's evil clone? Grin ha! that'd be a riot!!

The thing  wondered, why does Wells reveal himself now? In this manner? I can't wait for the March 17th ep, but why drop the charade now? Does someone get that too close to finding out his secret, so he has to push his time table up?

Also Perry, yeah, he's comic vibe. And Caitlin is comic Killer Frost too! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »

... And Caitlin is comic Killer Frost too! Wink

I looked that one up as soon as I saw the love angle with Ronnie Raymond early on  Grin (I remember my Pat Broderick Fury of Firestorm issues  Wink) But yeah, totally missed the Vibe thing
 Sad

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 05:07:41 PM »

Yeah I got clued into Killer Frost and Vibe about a month ago.  The context I heard it in was like everyone already knew and I was late to the party so I didn't post it. Embarrassed

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 08:41:22 PM »

... And Caitlin is comic Killer Frost too! Wink

I looked that one up as soon as I saw the love angle with Ronnie Raymond early on  Grin (I remember my Pat Broderick Fury of Firestorm issues  Wink) But yeah, totally missed the Vibe thing
 Sad

Speaking of Pat Broderick-I'm reading the Great Darkness Saga from Levitz's LoSH; guess who the artist is? Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 01:26:54 AM »

Speaking of Pat Broderick-I'm reading the Great Darkness Saga from Levitz's LoSH; guess who the artist is? Smiley

That was Broderick? I thought it was ... dude that did AMBUSH BUG  ...

EDIT - Yeah, Jimmy, That was Keith Giffen that did that.

EDIT 2 - Well I guess Broderick did do the lead-in ... kinda. He did a few issues leading up to it anyway, so yeah, I guess that qualifies. If you are reading in collected format at least.
  Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:35:39 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:11 AM »

That was Broderick? I thought it was ... dude that did AMBUSH BUG  ...

EDIT - Yeah, Jimmy, That was Keith Giffen that did that.

EDIT 2 - Well I guess Broderick did do the lead-in ... kinda. He did a few issues leading up to it anyway, so yeah, I guess that qualifies. If you are reading in collected format at least.
  Grin

In the trade, all the lead up is him as primary artist; yeah. Although, visually paging through the book, it doesn't look like that much of a change when it's listed as Giffen as solo artist.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2015, 02:15:13 AM »

No, I can agree that they do blend well with little distraction. In fact, I don't think my younger me even noticed it was two different pencils at the time and if I did, I wasn't taken aback.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2015, 06:25:16 AM »

The CW trying to get me to add another show to my DVR?

BC says maybe - HERE

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »

Whatever DC's media is doing for television, they are killing it. Guggenheim can help put good things in place, Berlianti, Kreisberg, Sokolowski; just doing good work, and I'm enjoying it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »

Sounds great!  Now if I can just catch up on the current shows.....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »

Sounds great!  Now if I can just catch up on the current shows.....

Do it, Jeff! You got 3 weeks until Flash & Arrow return!!! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »

Guggenheim can help put good things in place ...

Well hopefully, like the Flash, he will have nothing to do with this! Keep him on Arrow and away from everything else and I will be happy.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »

Guggenheim can help put good things in place ...

Well hopefully, like the Flash, he will have nothing to do with this! Keep him on Arrow and away from everything else and I will be happy.
 Smiley

I've come to believe he's a 'big idea' kinda guy, and that it's best if offer more competent writers come in to do the dirty work like "story continuity" or characterization, or plot hooks and resolutions to the rising narrative. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS