HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:59:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JLA: Gods and Monsters  (Read 2875 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 14, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

Well I'll be ... DC has hopefully ended its drought of bad animated movies. This one was pretty good. I really went into this believing Gods and Monsters was going to be just as uninspiring as the last few direct to dvd movies DC has put out, but was pleasantly surprised when not only did I not have a desire to just fast-forward through parts, I actually stayed enganged throughout the entire movie. All the way to the end, and the ending was even well done.

This is an "Elseworlds" movie (if DC is even using that terminology for their "what if" types of stories) that has a very different version of the DC trilogy than what we are use to. You are all probably aware how these characters differ from our regular DC characters, but if not ... and light character spoilers ... In this world Batman is a Vampire (and NOT Bruce Wayne), Superman was raised by Mexicans and Wonder Woman is one of Darkseid's Apokolips Furies.

The plot is pretty cool with lots of guest stars (although mostly in different roles and not in costume) and the antagonist, whom I won't call out, uses some pretty neat "Brother Eye" type of ... well ... it was cool!

I won't go into more, other than to say I loved the ending (and I should have seen one thing coming but I totally missed it  Cheesy), so if you have missed good DC animated movies and you have a little over an hour to spare, give this one a try.

8 outta 10 - Scientists agree  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS