HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:36:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 43442 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2015, 02:38:26 PM »

"Fallen" 4/22/15

Um...an okay ep, but what with OLLIE AND FELICITY GETTIN' IT ON!!!! fanboyz/girls across the net get their 'Ollicity' quotient to the max. Cheesy

I like John providing a great bit of conversation to Maseo.

I'm still waiting for Thea to be something that she's...not, since coming back from Lazurus pit. I hope something more develops from that, otherwise, it was an easy resurrection...then again Ollie's resurrection was just as easy!

The flashbacks don't serve much for me at this point. I assume at the end of this flashback season, that's when Ollie gets kidnapped/involved with the Russians, so he can learn their language and become a Captain and get his tattoo.

I also wonder PREDICTING here that Thea may become a green Arrow of Starling if Ollie isn't able to come back to Starling before season's end.

I enjoy wondering how/if/what will happen, but I"m not utterly sold on the League stuff, as it's complexity or machinations seem rather weak once you delve into it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2015, 04:40:58 PM »

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omigawdomigawdOHMIGAWD OH MY GOD!!!!!

Ep 'Public Enemies' My heart was racing the entire time!!!!!!

Ra's is not fucking around! He outs Ollie to Detective Lance. Lance puts it out on air! There is nothing, NOTHING that Ollie can possibly plan for!!

Det. Lance is one dude on a mission. His hate is palpable. His need for vengeance is as strong as a hurricane. That actor is just killing it. Just nailing it. Just commanding it. I don't even know how to react to him! Hate him? be amazed by him? Wish he would see what he's doing? Understand and follow? I'm speechless.

The EP said after this episode, "nothing will ever be the same." Nothing can! It's...huge, wide open, just...what will they do? Where will they go? How do they go on? The very important line of Lance to Ollie "You're not the hero. You're the villain."

Does Ollie go truly rogue from here on out (or as the direction the show takes in season 4)? He will utterly outside the law and community to uphold what 'needs' to be done for the city? (Pure Batman-esque there).

2 MORE WEEKS TO THE NEXT EP!!! DAMMIT!!!!

I need some air. I got the vapors.

Watched this and the next one last night.  WOW!!!  You are so right about Capt Lance's acting chops.  That scene in the prison van blew me away.  That line you mentioned sealed amazing skill.  He delivered it to perfection.  I sat here thinking "Wow.  This guy is a great actor."  And that surprise ending!  Just incredible episode.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 04:42:29 PM »

Too right Jeff. I hope whatever comes up to the season finale actually lives up to this!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2015, 04:46:29 PM »

So..this ep "Broken Arrow" 4/15/15

I'm...shaken on this. Again, Blackthorne is awesome in this role of vengeance knight/personal chip on his shoulder role. OH, he's just killing it. The thing is; he's. not. wrong. Not entirely. But he is going to burn himself in the flames of damnation of the funeral pyre he's trying to build for Ollie.

Poor Ray...so earnest and wanting to help, but yeah, he's a bit removed from Team Arrow, so he definitely cannot feel the pain and hurt they have going on.

Amell shows he's got some acting chops with his pent up frustration, worry, fear, and loss that he has this ep. I'm glad for that. Quite Glad.

But, since you may be reading this already knowing what happens...the 2 switcheroos. Roy is off the show? I follow Colton Haynes on facebook, so I'll be checking tomorrow if he does a post about saying good bye or anything.

That and ...Thea's presumable death? Holy crap! It's so true; everyone around Ollie kinda keeps dying!

And I did feel really sad; this season was to be about 'identities'-Thea finding out who she was, Felicity finding where she fits in love, Laurel finding her place and role, Ollie finding out about being himself and the Arrow-

-cept both Ollie and Arrow are lost to him. He definitely is a hurtin' man.

and no, I won't deny the way that Roy's death was faked was kinda rather stupid/made up for tv. Very comic-booky at that point, cut it really wrecked it for me how awful I felt when I thought that the show really killed Roy!!!

4 more eps!  Shocked

Finished this last night too.

Man!  I jaw dropped when they said Roy was dead.  I actually liked how they fooled Ollie - as comic booky as it was.  I would have been shocked about Thea but when I turned on the TV to watch this my DVR was taping last nights Arrow and I saw Thea being dropped into the Lazarus Pit  Angry . My own fault - got spoiled by being behind.

I'm working from home today and plan on watching Fallen here shortly.  Then I'll be all caught up and can start digging into Dare Devil.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »

I'm working from home today and plan on watching Fallen here shortly.  Then I'll be all caught up and can start digging into Dare Devil.   Cheesy

What's this Dare Devil you speak of? That's so 2 weeks ago. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2015, 05:53:44 PM »

"Fallen" 4/22/15

Um...an okay ep, but what with OLLIE AND FELICITY GETTIN' IT ON!!!! fanboyz/girls across the net get their 'Ollicity' quotient to the max. Cheesy

I like John providing a great bit of conversation to Maseo.

I'm still waiting for Thea to be something that she's...not, since coming back from Lazurus pit. I hope something more develops from that, otherwise, it was an easy resurrection...then again Ollie's resurrection was just as easy!

The flashbacks don't serve much for me at this point. I assume at the end of this flashback season, that's when Ollie gets kidnapped/involved with the Russians, so he can learn their language and become a Captain and get his tattoo.

I also wonder PREDICTING here that Thea may become a green Arrow of Starling if Ollie isn't able to come back to Starling before season's end.

I enjoy wondering how/if/what will happen, but I"m not utterly sold on the League stuff, as it's complexity or machinations seem rather weak once you delve into it.

Finally caught up!!

I think this version of R'as is really weak.  Not sure if its the actor or the way he is written but I haven't been a fan all season.  Now if Ollie does wind up taking his place....now THAT will be interesting.  I'm hoping for some more episodes with the team back at Starling.  A lot of interesting stuff with them.

Now to see what that Dare Devil thing the kids are talking about is all about..........

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2015, 04:02:05 AM »

Al Sah-him

Perry would HATE this ep. Cheesy

more than a few points that are so overly dramatized, a bit over acted, but many little bits that I still felt the heartache and misery that is the Team Arrow back in Starling City.

For starters...Oliver kills again! Yup, he did!

2nd...are we going to see John finally get suited up for i.d. protection? Here's hoping! And I kinda liked the Canary scream in action. Cool beans!

Thea becomes Speedy in the real! Hope she dons Roy's red domino mask by season's end!

2 more eps I think. *sighs* Oh well, that much faster I get to refinish season 2. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2015, 05:17:02 AM »

This is your sword

First off, Katana looked FANTASTIC in costume. Just. GREAT. Awesome translation, and the mask really worked so well. Hell, makes me hope she comes around more than a few times in the future then.

The Maseo/Katana fight was decent. I won't lie; it would have paid off sooooo much better in a full film treatment. The show has tried to go this route; leave it all out there, don't hold back; go for the moment! And at times, it fills that in spades. 'Public Enemy' ep really shows this. It's not too often that (as of late) it goes in for some real heavy cliches, but it certainly did in the Maseo "I'm in the prison of my own making, so my wife killing me grants that release that I may forgive myself and love her again just as I die" shtick. Oh well. That writing was on the wall a million miles away, but hell, it was at least cool to watch happen.

I think part of my other malaise towards parts of this season's direction has been how weak-ass every assassin is. Not a one gets a serious hit or hurt on Team Arrow. What pansies? At least have Diggle look like he went to hell and back. The Point blank kill shot on the one assassin was BA though.

The one other trope this season is Oliver's "please, you just have to trust me." Then again, maybe it isn't so much of a trope as no one is buying into it, everyone is mad as hell at him, and, no one will trust him now! However, next week's season finale looks hella cool, as Ollie pulls back to being him again. But perhaps he doesn't get to return to Starling as Arrow next season (initially), and well, maybe work solo for a bit to regain their trust and the city's as well. If anything, that may be what the next season is about-trust.

After all, season 4 has to be about Oliver getting in with the Russian mob, doesn't it? That's how he becomes a Captain owed certain favors. I imagine getting the Russians to let you live means one must do extraordinary things to earn that...trust. Wink And that storyline would mirror present day back in Starling for Ollie to regain trust all around.

Flashbacks are a bit 'meh' but I can deal. The trying to save one single family member just really didn't hit that hard here. Having Shado have a twin was a bit of a groaner too; but it did help to give Ollie a bit more closure for that.

That ending...well, previews showed them get back into action, so you knew no one died, and that all would be well enough. Oh well.

Ray is a bit too much aw shucks happy to help kinda guy, even through his hurt, heartache, and loss, and all around in general bit of a doormat to Team Arrow. I'd like for him to have one major moment to maybe talk about that to Team Arrow, if not Felicity specifically when it's all over.

Next week...season's end!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2015, 04:07:31 AM »

My Name is Oliver Queen Season Finale

A very nice, satisfying end. I think I'm more excited about where this season will go. The highlight of the season was, of course, the Public Enemies episode. The next 5 eps were all about the Nanda Parbat, Demon's Head, etc, which just didn't quite keep the feel of the show very well.

Of course Oliver was planning the double-triple-back-to-double cross of Ra's and the League. We knew this, and well, it didn't seem that exciting in the execution. Watching the seeming repetitive antics of hurting his friends again and again stretched too many points.

Of course we would get to see Oliver and Ra's fight again. But what a fight! Very cool in delivery, great choreography, and just all around cool sword play. Liked it alot; almost wish he was in the green hood to deliver.

Of course Merlyn gets to live. As a bystander, I can easily say "well OF COURSE I would kill him." Deservings got nothing to do with it, I think Clint Eastwood opined in a western. I'm a little peeved he is alive, as many times over, it makes little sense. OH, it makes great comic book sense, especially with putting him as head of the League. I wonder what Oliver's caveat is with the deal he made. Hmm...

So, the season closes, and more than anything, I truly look forward to a great many things.

1. Ollie happy. I hope he grows the 'stache and goatee while away. I think that would be a neat visual with the Sn 4 opener. Maybe him and Felicity own a flower shop in Seattle. Wink  (Naw, it'd be a internet cafe, actually).

2. Ray becoming the Atom. Full on shrinking I think! Bring on the other show!

3. Heroes of Starling. 'Speedy' will be there, as well as Black Canary (who, still gets a wee better each time), and, well, Nyssa went back to Nanda, so maybe she won't be a regular here anymore.

4. John's story. I don't know what Diggle will want to do now, but I know it will tie into HIVE, as Damien Dark will become the major factor of Sn 4. That, and finding the HIVE connnection that found Deadshot to kill Dig's brother.

5. Laurel & Captain Lance. I found it a good moment at least for Lance to not want Oliver dead. He hasn't gone that far down, but man, that doesn't mean Ollie's off the hook with him. This relationship I truly want to see meet again.

6. The hook! What brings Ollie back! What could allow him to hood up again? (oh yeah, what will John's mask look like?). Will Ollie's open identity be a thing of tabloid like with Matt and early DD rumors?

What I will say, I will say that I miss more of the 'normal' life of Sn 1. Ollie had family that he did family stuff with. Ollie had dates, he had friends, he tried to relax. He tried to find normalcy. I'd like to see a balance get struck with the vigilante stuff again. He's found that he doesn't need to be a martyr anymore. I'd like to see him be able to be that way (at least with Felicity for a while.

Still, I've got warm fuzzies about seeing the show in this 3rd season, and will be just thrilled to see Sn 4 return!!

Edit
Also, Palmer technology blows up, THEN Ollie and Felicity take off for the coastal road trip?! LOL I  know it would have made more sense for the explosion to occur last, but thematically you want the 'right off into the sunset' but it just makes them look like assholes for leaving in the first place!!!

Unless...No Prize here...they've already been driving for days....and it's on...lets say the 3rd out of them driving that Ray has his little explosion. There! Now they aren't assholes!!!  Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:21:14 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2015, 12:28:02 AM »

So
Ollie and Felicity are an item?
What? Is that true?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2015, 01:40:48 AM »

So
Ollie and Felicity are an item?
What? Is that true?

They are! They hooked up when she thought Ollie was going to forever leave them in Nanda Parbat, and after retaking their city back in the finale, they go to 'ride off into the sunset' together-literally! They were on the sun soaked coast line just driving away. Smiley

Gets ya right...there...*pound the chest*

Kiss

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2015, 01:46:51 AM »

Angry

Boooo!!!!

Fan service.  Wink Grin Come on, man, He is suppose to be with who he is suppose to be with. Booo I say. Booo.

"Lets take the two most popular, one male and one female and put them together even though they shouldn't be"
BAH!!!
They have no chemistry together (Not romantically I mean, don't mean show chemistry) and should never have been joined. Her and Barry had more ... "IT" than her and freakin Ollie. At least he and Lance had romantic chemistry. I mean she can't act but they fit. 

Booo I say again.
 Tongue

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »

This is your sword

First off, Katana looked FANTASTIC in costume. Just. GREAT. Awesome translation, and the mask really worked so well. Hell, makes me hope she comes around more than a few times in the future then.

The Maseo/Katana fight was decent. I won't lie; it would have paid off sooooo much better in a full film treatment. The show has tried to go this route; leave it all out there, don't hold back; go for the moment! And at times, it fills that in spades. 'Public Enemy' ep really shows this. It's not too often that (as of late) it goes in for some real heavy cliches, but it certainly did in the Maseo "I'm in the prison of my own making, so my wife killing me grants that release that I may forgive myself and love her again just as I die" shtick. Oh well. That writing was on the wall a million miles away, but hell, it was at least cool to watch happen.

I think part of my other malaise towards parts of this season's direction has been how weak-ass every assassin is. Not a one gets a serious hit or hurt on Team Arrow. What pansies? At least have Diggle look like he went to hell and back. The Point blank kill shot on the one assassin was BA though.

The one other trope this season is Oliver's "please, you just have to trust me." Then again, maybe it isn't so much of a trope as no one is buying into it, everyone is mad as hell at him, and, no one will trust him now! However, next week's season finale looks hella cool, as Ollie pulls back to being him again. But perhaps he doesn't get to return to Starling as Arrow next season (initially), and well, maybe work solo for a bit to regain their trust and the city's as well. If anything, that may be what the next season is about-trust.

After all, season 4 has to be about Oliver getting in with the Russian mob, doesn't it? That's how he becomes a Captain owed certain favors. I imagine getting the Russians to let you live means one must do extraordinary things to earn that...trust. Wink And that storyline would mirror present day back in Starling for Ollie to regain trust all around.

Flashbacks are a bit 'meh' but I can deal. The trying to save one single family member just really didn't hit that hard here. Having Shado have a twin was a bit of a groaner too; but it did help to give Ollie a bit more closure for that.

That ending...well, previews showed them get back into action, so you knew no one died, and that all would be well enough. Oh well.

Ray is a bit too much aw shucks happy to help kinda guy, even through his hurt, heartache, and loss, and all around in general bit of a doormat to Team Arrow. I'd like for him to have one major moment to maybe talk about that to Team Arrow, if not Felicity specifically when it's all over.

Next week...season's end!!!

Finally catching up on this one.  GREAT episode.  I also loved Katana.  Looked great.

Watching finale now.  Will be back soon.....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »

My Name is Oliver Queen Season Finale

A very nice, satisfying end. I think I'm more excited about where this season will go. The highlight of the season was, of course, the Public Enemies episode. The next 5 eps were all about the Nanda Parbat, Demon's Head, etc, which just didn't quite keep the feel of the show very well.

Of course Oliver was planning the double-triple-back-to-double cross of Ra's and the League. We knew this, and well, it didn't seem that exciting in the execution. Watching the seeming repetitive antics of hurting his friends again and again stretched too many points.

Of course we would get to see Oliver and Ra's fight again. But what a fight! Very cool in delivery, great choreography, and just all around cool sword play. Liked it alot; almost wish he was in the green hood to deliver.

Of course Merlyn gets to live. As a bystander, I can easily say "well OF COURSE I would kill him." Deservings got nothing to do with it, I think Clint Eastwood opined in a western. I'm a little peeved he is alive, as many times over, it makes little sense. OH, it makes great comic book sense, especially with putting him as head of the League. I wonder what Oliver's caveat is with the deal he made. Hmm...

So, the season closes, and more than anything, I truly look forward to a great many things.

1. Ollie happy. I hope he grows the 'stache and goatee while away. I think that would be a neat visual with the Sn 4 opener. Maybe him and Felicity own a flower shop in Seattle. Wink  (Naw, it'd be a internet cafe, actually).

2. Ray becoming the Atom. Full on shrinking I think! Bring on the other show!

3. Heroes of Starling. 'Speedy' will be there, as well as Black Canary (who, still gets a wee better each time), and, well, Nyssa went back to Nanda, so maybe she won't be a regular here anymore.

4. John's story. I don't know what Diggle will want to do now, but I know it will tie into HIVE, as Damien Dark will become the major factor of Sn 4. That, and finding the HIVE connnection that found Deadshot to kill Dig's brother.

5. Laurel & Captain Lance. I found it a good moment at least for Lance to not want Oliver dead. He hasn't gone that far down, but man, that doesn't mean Ollie's off the hook with him. This relationship I truly want to see meet again.

6. The hook! What brings Ollie back! What could allow him to hood up again? (oh yeah, what will John's mask look like?). Will Ollie's open identity be a thing of tabloid like with Matt and early DD rumors?

What I will say, I will say that I miss more of the 'normal' life of Sn 1. Ollie had family that he did family stuff with. Ollie had dates, he had friends, he tried to relax. He tried to find normalcy. I'd like to see a balance get struck with the vigilante stuff again. He's found that he doesn't need to be a martyr anymore. I'd like to see him be able to be that way (at least with Felicity for a while.

Still, I've got warm fuzzies about seeing the show in this 3rd season, and will be just thrilled to see Sn 4 return!!

Edit
Also, Palmer technology blows up, THEN Ollie and Felicity take off for the coastal road trip?! LOL I  know it would have made more sense for the explosion to occur last, but thematically you want the 'right off into the sunset' but it just makes them look like assholes for leaving in the first place!!!

Unless...No Prize here...they've already been driving for days....and it's on...lets say the 3rd out of them driving that Ray has his little explosion. There! Now they aren't assholes!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

GREAT GREAT GREAT SEASON FINALE!!

I can't add much more to what Jimbo said in his spoiler.  Why can't DC make films this good?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2015, 08:30:19 PM »

Angry

Boooo!!!!

Fan service.  Wink Grin Come on, man, He is suppose to be with who he is suppose to be with. Booo I say. Booo.

"Lets take the two most popular, one male and one female and put them together even though they shouldn't be"
BAH!!!
They have no chemistry together (Not romantically I mean, don't mean show chemistry) and should never have been joined. Her and Barry had more ... "IT" than her and freakin Ollie. At least he and Lance had romantic chemistry. I mean she can't act but they fit. 

Booo I say again.
 Tongue

Grin

I was a little off put when it started too but the pair grew on me.  The awkwardness is gone and I'm glad they are together now.  He had less chemistry with this version of Lance and her being BC seems even more forced.  But they get better each episode so I'm good with how this is going.

Can't wait to see a new direction in Sn4.  Should be another winner.

.....but I will miss Roy.  Hopefully he will come back too.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS