HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:53:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 43447 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 05:33:22 AM »

Ep. 'Canaries'

Holy crap!  Shocked Shocked

What an ep! I'm loving how continually surprised I am at the stakes and how this season keeps one-upping itself! I'm so happy that the show is where it's at right now!!!

For starters, from the beginning; telling Thea? What a moment! What courage! Loved how Ollie really was so hurt. Great portrayal by Amell; really being able to loosen up to see how his TV sister would respond-and what a great response! It wasn't a selfish "you lied to me for so long!" shtick-but amazement at what her big bro can do!

Roy standing up to Ollie later after Laurel's ass-whupping; what a scene down in the Arrow-cave! Roy has got some chops on him too!

Laurel...doing better as an actress. LOVED, just LOVED, her explaining Sara's death to her father. And THANKFULLY the show didn't do the cliched trope of his heart giving out right then and there; but the emotion? Spectacular!

Thanks so much to the show for not giving in to every horrible cliche that most of the CW shows do (yes, they have their own, but man, this show really pushes some stuff!

Every ep is giving me more and more reasons to just bend over backwards and coo all night long about this show! So very glad it's done well, it did better, and it's done AWESOME to lead the way for shows like Flash, or to herald shows like Gotham to try, and for networks to try things like Constantine and iZombie.

I dig this so much. Rewatching the first season is definitely going to go quicker now!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »

Fun note; I finished a show on the dvr, regular tv clicked on to the soap 'Young & the Restless' and who should be on there?

Original Green Arrow, Justin Hartley, from Smallville!

Made me want to pop open my dvds and see his first episode appearance. Smiley

Made me so made originally when they did the Arrow show and recast the role...but I'm very satisfied now. Amell does a very fine job, and not only that, on facebook (particularly) he's cultivated a huge following, as well as raising millions for charities through t-shirt sales and appearances. By all accounts, a man very grateful for his fame and where he's at, humbled by the fandom, and giving of his time to those that enjoy the show and what he does.

I've bought 2 t-shirts through his fundraiser campaigns. I'm a fan. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2015, 03:57:42 AM »

GAH I loVE this show! Now to rewatch more from past seasons!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »

I'm still several episodes behind on this and Blacklist. Gotta find some time to binge watch.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »

If you don't follow Amell on Facebook, you can read all of the story in one little blurb here.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/23/stephen-amell-brings-birthday-joy-to-young-arrow-fan/

He's the man!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »

Ep 'Suicidal Tendencies'

Okay, loved this one far better than last week's ep. Why? The show is at the point where it can do more with all the other characters in the Arrow's world, and it still holds up well.

I loved the highlight on Deadshot. I had originally thought it silly to bring back a bit of a one note villain, at least that's how I viewed his initial appearance. Then, making him part of the Suicide Squad and forcing Diggle to work with im seemed a bit of comic/tv convention, but each appearance of Dig and Lawton together has really worked. This ep was no different, especially with the flashbacks focusing on Lawton's war return. His parallel with Dig's current life was really cool to see, and watching Lawton really come around to rise as a hero by his own choice was super cool. (And, no doubt, he just has to get blown off the roof to return later. More than likely, this is the last time we get to hear or see 'Suicide Squad' on the tv show since the movie is coming, but hey, there's HIVE! That was mentioned today as well. Cheesy )

I really enjoy Felicity and Ray together. Ray's black and white viewpoint, his focus being that an answer is always found after study really sets him apart as his own hero when compared to Ollie.

<I did have to laugh that after the Arrows/Atom fight, Ollie nobly walks off, although his sidekick was just blasted unconscious by ATom's electric blast! Cheesy >

Also, the other side character that really gets to grow, or shine more, is Det. Lance. His cauldron of remorse-turned-fury and rage is really boiling over. Having been lied to for weeks/months by his daughter and the Arrow about Sara's death has turned him into a bloodhound tracking his prey. I laughed at the mayor's office fight between him, Laurel, Ray & Felicity. The mayor has no clue about the hidden history and knowledge that all are arguing about, but oh, they know!

And what an ending!! What's up with Maseo? How does he turn from a father and husband to a man who has to deny his wife, and where's their son? What happened to make him turn from his family and Ollie to a pure assassin for R'as? There's a part of me that wants his 'true' soul to be in the katana of...well Katana, in some magic sort of way to mirror the comic.

No, I look forward to next week's ep for a more centered Det. Lance ep, as he ends up meeting Ra's. Give me a time machine! Want more!!!

So enjoying it; so sad that I think there is only 5-6 eps left this season!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »

Trying to be part of the discussion and still not being able to watch this show, I went back to Bleeding Cool and bookmarked the last 11 show recaps they have. Starting at "Guilty" (episode 3.6) and going to the latest episode "Suicidal Tendencies" (episode 3.17). Doing this allows me to at least get a little bit of knowledge of what is going on in DC's other show. I think this is about the only way I can stay connected to Arrow.
 Cheesy  Smiley

Sooo... Starting with 3.6 ...
I guess Laural's sister has been killed and Roy has a dream that he did it? Has it been reveled (before this episode) who did do it? (Don't want to be spoiled if the reveal happens in a few more episodes)  Wink

It is nice to see Ted Grant is the one teaching Laural how to fight. Just wish he was a tad bit older  Undecided

BOXING GLOVE ARROW!!!

Oliver is "berating Laural" for hanging with a vigilante? (That seems hypocritical)

and what is this marakuru? (again, without future spoilers if possible)  Smiley

Here is a funny part of the recap - "Roy comes clean.  Good timing.  Oliver lets him go, and we get more moping Laurel.  The problem with Laurel is her character spends so much time moping about things that when she actually has a good reason we just don’t care anymore."
Very true, yeah?
 Cheesy

Recap found HERE Just in-case anyone wants it. Gonna try and get the next recap in soon.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »

I think this is about the only way I can stay connected to Arrow.
 Cheesy  Smiley
Cool cool!

Sooo... Starting with 3.6 ...
I guess Laural's sister has been killed and Roy has a dream that he did it? Has it been reveled (before this episode) who did do it? (Don't want to be spoiled if the reveal happens in a few more episodes)  Wink

It is nice to see Ted Grant is the one teaching Laural how to fight. Just wish he was a tad bit older  Undecided

BOXING GLOVE ARROW!!!

Oliver is "berating Laural" for hanging with a vigilante? (That seems hypocritical)

and what is this marakuru? (again, without future spoilers if possible)  Smiley

Here is a funny part of the recap - "Roy comes clean.  Good timing.  Oliver lets him go, and we get more moping Laurel.  The problem with Laurel is her character spends so much time moping about things that when she actually has a good reason we just don’t care anymore."
Very true, yeah?
 Cheesy

BOXING GLOVE ARROW FOR THE WIN!!!! Best comic show visual ever!!! Cheesy

The revel of the murder of Sara has not happened before this episode.

Oliver is hypocritical. It's because he believes he's right. I call that 'Batman Ego Syndrome' Cool

Mirakuru is the superdrug that was found on the island and used to save Slade Wilson's life. Fast forward to Season 2 present, where it's also used to give superhuman powers, but makes a person go a bit crazy. Roy got himself hopped up on it last year.

And Laurel's moping; very true. She's gotten better...but I think she's still the weakest point of the entire series.

There's some updates!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2015, 03:18:11 AM »

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omigawdomigawdOHMIGAWD OH MY GOD!!!!!

Ep 'Public Enemies' My heart was racing the entire time!!!!!!

Ra's is not fucking around! He outs Ollie to Detective Lance. Lance puts it out on air! There is nothing, NOTHING that Ollie can possibly plan for!!

Det. Lance is one dude on a mission. His hate is palpable. His need for vengeance is as strong as a hurricane. That actor is just killing it. Just nailing it. Just commanding it. I don't even know how to react to him! Hate him? be amazed by him? Wish he would see what he's doing? Understand and follow? I'm speechless.

The EP said after this episode, "nothing will ever be the same." Nothing can! It's...huge, wide open, just...what will they do? Where will they go? How do they go on? The very important line of Lance to Ollie "You're not the hero. You're the villain."

Does Ollie go truly rogue from here on out (or as the direction the show takes in season 4)? He will utterly outside the law and community to uphold what 'needs' to be done for the city? (Pure Batman-esque there).

2 MORE WEEKS TO THE NEXT EP!!! DAMMIT!!!!

I need some air. I got the vapors.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »

I guess that will give me time to get caught up being that I'm only up to "Canaries".     Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »

I guess that will give me time to get caught up being that I'm only up to "Canaries".     Grin

Jeff GET GOING!!!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »

Jeff GET GOING!!!  Cheesy

Finished "Canaries", "The Return", and "Namda Parbat".  Only three episodes left to be caught up!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »

You'll almost be caught up to fall behind then, again.  Wink Cool

Starts this week!! FINAL FIVE!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »

So..this ep "Broken Arrow" 4/15/15

I'm...shaken on this. Again, Blackthorne is awesome in this role of vengeance knight/personal chip on his shoulder role. OH, he's just killing it. The thing is; he's. not. wrong. Not entirely. But he is going to burn himself in the flames of damnation of the funeral pyre he's trying to build for Ollie.

Poor Ray...so earnest and wanting to help, but yeah, he's a bit removed from Team Arrow, so he definitely cannot feel the pain and hurt they have going on.

Amell shows he's got some acting chops with his pent up frustration, worry, fear, and loss that he has this ep. I'm glad for that. Quite Glad.

But, since you may be reading this already knowing what happens...the 2 switcheroos. Roy is off the show? I follow Colton Haynes on facebook, so I'll be checking tomorrow if he does a post about saying good bye or anything.

That and ...Thea's presumable death? Holy crap! It's so true; everyone around Ollie kinda keeps dying!

And I did feel really sad; this season was to be about 'identities'-Thea finding out who she was, Felicity finding where she fits in love, Laurel finding her place and role, Ollie finding out about being himself and the Arrow-

-cept both Ollie and Arrow are lost to him. He definitely is a hurtin' man.

and no, I won't deny the way that Roy's death was faked was kinda rather stupid/made up for tv. Very comic-booky at that point, cut it really wrecked it for me how awful I felt when I thought that the show really killed Roy!!!

4 more eps!  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:03:48 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2015, 02:35:53 AM »

Ep 'Suicidal Tendencies'

Okay, loved this one far better than last week's ep. Why? The show is at the point where it can do more with all the other characters in the Arrow's world, and it still holds up well.

I loved the highlight on Deadshot. I had originally thought it silly to bring back a bit of a one note villain, at least that's how I viewed his initial appearance. Then, making him part of the Suicide Squad and forcing Diggle to work with im seemed a bit of comic/tv convention, but each appearance of Dig and Lawton together has really worked. This ep was no different, especially with the flashbacks focusing on Lawton's war return. His parallel with Dig's current life was really cool to see, and watching Lawton really come around to rise as a hero by his own choice was super cool. (And, no doubt, he just has to get blown off the roof to return later. More than likely, this is the last time we get to hear or see 'Suicide Squad' on the tv show since the movie is coming, but hey, there's HIVE! That was mentioned today as well. Cheesy )

I really enjoy Felicity and Ray together. Ray's black and white viewpoint, his focus being that an answer is always found after study really sets him apart as his own hero when compared to Ollie.

<I did have to laugh that after the Arrows/Atom fight, Ollie nobly walks off, although his sidekick was just blasted unconscious by ATom's electric blast! Cheesy >

Also, the other side character that really gets to grow, or shine more, is Det. Lance. His cauldron of remorse-turned-fury and rage is really boiling over. Having been lied to for weeks/months by his daughter and the Arrow about Sara's death has turned him into a bloodhound tracking his prey. I laughed at the mayor's office fight between him, Laurel, Ray & Felicity. The mayor has no clue about the hidden history and knowledge that all are arguing about, but oh, they know!

And what an ending!! What's up with Maseo? How does he turn from a father and husband to a man who has to deny his wife, and where's their son? What happened to make him turn from his family and Ollie to a pure assassin for R'as? There's a part of me that wants his 'true' soul to be in the katana of...well Katana, in some magic sort of way to mirror the comic.

No, I look forward to next week's ep for a more centered Det. Lance ep, as he ends up meeting Ra's. Give me a time machine! Want more!!!

So enjoying it; so sad that I think there is only 5-6 eps left this season!!

Just finished this episode.  Now I'm only two behind!

So I guess Ray Palmer is not the Atom but really......

Ironman?   Cheesy   I mean come on DC, no need to copy Marvel.  Make him shrink!!  Like....uh....Ant Man.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS