HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:59:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 43439 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 04:55:46 AM »

Glad you enjoy it Jeff!! But definitely after 7, and right on at 13 and on, particularly on after that, it's great!

(well, CW great, far better than yet another CSI great)

Ah hell, I love the show (bad love tween triangles and all), but I'm so glad it's going-and going strong!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »

... I'm loving this show now.

Sorry Perry!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grin
No need, good sir. It SHOULD be enjoyed. Always want comic book based shows to get views and acknowledgement as it can only do good for us longtime fans. I hope even more people watch and enjoy!!

Of course I also just wish this show was on ANY network other than the "teen drama" filled CW so I could watch as well.
 Undecided
Though ABC FAMILY could be worse ... maybe
 Wink

*he leaves wondering how much more time he has with the Flash*
 Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 04:50:02 AM »

I just started episode 22 of season 1.

John Barrowman is bad ass as Merlyn!  

Perry not sure how far you got but you need to get past episode 13.  This show is great!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:32:50 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 05:28:02 AM »

Dang it!!!!  I wanted to goto bed.  Now I HAVE to stay up to watch Episode 23!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 06:13:51 AM »

Season 1 finale was awesome.  Totally made up for the slow start in the early episodes.  Season 2 up next.  I just hope there's a way I can watch Season 3 without having to wait for it on Netflix.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »

Perry not sure how far you got but you need to get past episode 13.  This show is great!

I fought my way all the way through season one and hit season two episode ... 2 ... or 3 ... (as I heard season two was better) before finally throwing my hands up and vowing to never return. I still remember the straw that broke my back. That damn picture of the boat that this family, who supposedly lost both the father and the son on, sitting elegantly on the foyer table for all to see and be constantly reminded of when you open the front door. That was all I could stand. No family would have that there. That's like me having a picture of the car that killed my brother sitting on my coffee table. It is just stupid and made no sense. But what do you expect from that crap of a writer/creator/show runner Guggenhiem. You remember how I feel about him back from his craptastic comics he wrote tried to write. He is absolutely horrendous in-case you forgot  Grin) and this show ... from his hands to my eyes is just, well, not good ... for me 

All that said, I think if you look back at my post you can see I still tried and even enjoyed some here and there but I struggled with this show for a long time. After watching episode upon episode of cops act as dumb as shit, having Ollie surrounded but missing him or allowing bad guys to escape through a back door (Twice? In one season?), constant small things (like the picture) that made no damn sense, at all, as well as the constant CW teen love crap, the bad just over ran the good in this show.

So take the teen-age love crap, mix in the stupid cops and other things that just irked the hell out me, add in show runner Guggenhiem and there is no F'n way I had a chance.  Undecided

Again, I tried, hard, multiple times and I am honestly glad you and Jimmy (and a lot more people) enjoy it, but as a show, it is bad. Sorry, it just is. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't enjoy it  Cool. I said many times you guys should enjoy it if you can. Hell, I enjoy many a stupid ass show.  Cheesy I just can't here. Not with this. And that saddens me as I love the property that is GA.

And I am hoping the other CW hero show, the Flash, stays its course. I can fight back my eye-rolls at the "Oh, we are beautiful people" and teen love stuff with Flash, and though I left already once because it looked like Flash was going to go the Arrow route ... I am back now. For now.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »

Oh yeah, I know you tried really, really hard Perry. I'd just hate for you to keep beating yourself up on it-or the show, either. Wink

I mean, I'll even groan when there are ridiculous situations with a hero surrounded by dozens of gunmen-and they all miss, or only one of them fires at one time.

But, I'll see that on commercials for Hawaii 5-0, some CSI thing, some NCIS thing, whatever; they all do it. NOT saying I like that, but in the TV medium...eh, they don't care, they make up what they want to.

For me, the beats of who 'this' Ollie are is what draws me. The 'unable to love Felicity' angle is so sweet, his stubbornness, his anger, Merlyn is awesome! Diggle's just cool. I'm there. Smiley

Considering how much I judge, and how little I watch on TV now, the fact that I honestly have stuck with this surprises me, so...I guess I'm just all hook, line, and sinkered now. And I really don't care, either. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »

Oh no, I get it, and I want to apologize for saying that the show is "bad". It isn't ... bad, it is just ... crap, I can't explain it.

I do beat myself up with this show because I WANT to enjoy and promote comic based stuff, I WANT to enjoy a Green Arrow show and I WANT to be in the conversation with you guys. I WANT to like and enjoy this show, even with all the things I find troubling, but I can't and that makes me even more mad at the show. I don't like the show, but I hate the show for that very reason ... I hate it because I don't like it. Does that make sense? I want to like you but you are making it impossible so I dislike you for that even more?
 Cheesy

Anyway, seriously, it isn't "bad" it is just not for me. And I do apologize for saying that it is "bad". It is still just deep anger I have that I can't enjoy this damn thing because it is "bad" for "me".
 Undecided
It's my issue. Well it's my issue with that damn Guggenhiem!!!!
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »

I do beat myself up with this show because I WANT to enjoy and promote comic based stuff, I WANT to enjoy a Green Arrow show and I WANT to be in the conversation with you guys. I WANT to like and enjoy this show, even with all the things I find troubling, but I can't and that makes me even more mad at the show. I don't like the show, but I hate the show for that very reason ... I hate it because I don't like it. Does that make sense? I want to like you but you are making it impossible so I dislike you for that even more?
 Cheesy

Scarily enough, this makes PERFECT sense. I think I've had this exact conversation with other people. I think I may have had this most recently with a Batman friend of mine who says that he thinks Gotham is the best of the comic shows currently. I...kinda wanted to hit his head with a wrench.  Cool

Undecided
It's my issue. Well it's my issue with that damn Guggenhiem!!!!
 Grin
For this I can agree. This man has done (mostly a lot) of crappy comics writing work. I'll back your campaign platform on this one!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 03:44:45 PM »

I think I may have had this most recently with a Batman friend of mine who says that he thinks Gotham is the best of the comic shows currently. I...kinda wanted to hit his head with a wrench. 

Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Would it be a Bat-Wrench?

And yes, Gotham ... uggghhh.... DAMN IT !!!!  Angry Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »

I was going to make a joke about you holding too much in but decided against it.   Cheesy

Now that I know you've given it a very fair shake I won't beat you up.  Not every show is for everyone and that's a good thing.  I never wanted to watch it because I liked the GA in Smallville and just wanted a spin off.  Now that enough time has passed I can enjoy this for what it is.  And I'm glad they went this route instead of a Smallville spin off.

As for the bullets flying with no hits.  I'm a fan of Commando, Expendables, Rambo, Die-Hard, and really all things Schwarzenegger and Stallone.  So really, I'm not allowed to judge. Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 04:41:02 AM »

After the midseason break...

GREAT. LOVED IT.

*with a small caveat

Jeff, I'll still put it in spoiler boxes for ya.

Without Ollie in the foreground, I get to see more Roy. Roy, who seems more like Sn 2 Roy. He's flippant, but more young than asshole. He's penetrating with questions, but defers to the ones who knows. Diggle, oh man, Diggle really shows why, as the 'old man' of the group, he's listened to. His comment of "I still thought of myself all this time as Oliver's bodyguard still" got me. Great line!

Felicity is amazing. Great actress. Her direction right now with Ollie's "death" is nailing it for her character.

How awesome is John Barrowman as Merlyn? 'I could have killed you! Thea yells. "That's cute that you think you could." GREAT FRIGGN LINE!

Love seeing Vinnie Jones as Brick. A great storyline part too-all the evidence stolen (I'm sure there would probably be some backed up in computers, but without the actual physical stuff? Eh, I could see this happening in a comic book!)

My caveat? Oliver being back alive. I need a super awesome reason beyond Chinese smoke and herbs and spirits from beyond. I'd rather accept the Lazarus Pit over that. Or, whatever 'magic' they use, just make it as the same kind that keeps R'as going. I'd be...satisfied with that.

And seeing Laurel as Canary? I'm not...in hate with it. She's grown up, gotten a wee better on the show, but to be fair, she's got a lotta work to do to shine as brightly as Sara did.

Nope, great come back. Smiley

(Perry, I trust in you that you just like to read my enthusiasm. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »

I finished Season 2 yesterday.  Starting season 3 this weekend and hopefully will be caught up soon.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »

(Perry, I trust in you that you just like to read my enthusiasm. Wink

Indeed, sir.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:29 PM »

Just checked into Arrow again. Was so pumped about this weeks Flash (that I still have to see) that I recorded this past episode just hoping to get into the new DC characters that are pretty prominent now in this show, having enjoyed what I have seen of Cold and Heat Wave from the Flash. Wanted to see Red Arrow (or Arsenal or whatever they are calling him) and the new, name I recognize from the comic, Canary (as I see "she that shall not be mentioned" has now taken over the mantle Grin). Only ended up watching about 5 minutes.

I will not go into the why's and whatnot's here ... again ... (you've heard enough from me on those) I will just say that while this show is still not for me, I will try again next year.  Smiley

Sooner or later one of us will break.
 Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS