HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:10:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS4  (Read 6357 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

PS4
« on: August 10, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »

Well, just deactivated my PS3 from the Play Station Network and as I type this my console is running its "Restore" function (wiping away all my information) and about 5 hours from now (how long it takes to run that Restore/Delete function) there will be a new PS4 in that spot.

Was gonna hold out until UNCHARTED 4 hit (sometime in 2015), but I figured I should get everything prepped and ready to go before that puppy ... my baby  Grin gets here. Gonna get the Re-Masterd Tomb Raider right off the jump and then looking forward to having the shit scared out of me with that EVIL WITHIN game (hopefully) and maybe giving that BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT game a go as well.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »

Awesome. PS4 rules. 

Tomb Raider was awesome and should look beautiful, besides the fact that there wasn't much tomb raiding.....Have you played Last of Us yet?  I hear that the remastered version of that game is pretty sweet too.

I'm keeping my PS3 though cause it's got a lot of life in it.  I'm got a huge backlog still, and a large library of free games that I downloaded as a PS Plus subscriber.  I'm still playing Walking Dead Season 2, and I'm playing through Arkham Origins that I got on sale for less than $10 a few weeks ago.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:58 PM »

I hear PSN won't allow both ps3 and ps4 on the PSN accounts at the same time. Do you know why? Not that I am interested in keeping my PS3 (already sold it for $110), but my pal Dave wants his and I told him I deactivated mine to get the PS4 onto the account, he was bummed. Told him he could still have it and play the games, just cant share the PSN, but maybe the whole deactivating thing was something I read wrong.

I know they use to allow 5 on the PSN account, but now I think it is only one console and 2 or 3 Vita's ... something. I could be wrong though

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »

From doing research, I plan to buy either a ps4 (or 3) if and when my bluray player dies. The PS have longer life, function better, and really, I can play games on them if and when I would choose to. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:30:49 PM »

I hear PSN won't allow both ps3 and ps4 on the PSN accounts at the same time. Do you know why? Not that I am interested in keeping my PS3 (already sold it for $110), but my pal Dave wants his and I told him I deactivated mine to get the PS4 onto the account, he was bummed. Told him he could still have it and play the games, just cant share the PSN, but maybe the whole deactivating thing was something I read wrong.

I know they use to allow 5 on the PSN account, but now I think it is only one console and 2 or 3 Vita's ... something. I could be wrong though

You can get all your sony gaming consoles on the same account Perry.  Some games you purchase for the PS4 even allow for cross gaming, so you can play it on the PS3 and the Vita.

You can have one PSN account and link it to you Vita, PS3, and PS4 with no problems whatsover.  Maybe people experiencing problems are isolated incidents, but mine works okay.  Even all my trophies on the PS3 show up on the PS4 and vice versa.

As a PS Plus subscriber, I've been downloading the free games every month across all consoles without any issue. Best value ever.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »

You can get all your sony gaming consoles on the same account Perry.  Some games you purchase for the PS4 even allow for cross gaming, so you can play it on the PS3 and the Vita.

You can have one PSN account and link it to you Vita, PS3, and PS4 with no problems whatsover.  Maybe people experiencing problems are isolated incidents, but mine works okay.  Even all my trophies on the PS3 show up on the PS4 and vice versa.

As a PS Plus subscriber, I've been downloading the free games every month across all consoles without any issue. Best value ever.

Yeah, I know you can link, but it has something to do with accounts. You can have YOUR account with those things on it, but you can't have but so many accounts or downloads on each system or some crap.
 Cheesy
Anyway, Seen where if you are getting rid of it, best to deactivate from the account (PSN) so that is what I did. I guess he will be happy he can still have it on the same account, but he can't have more than "X" accounts on it ... or something. HAHA. I don't know. HAHAHA. Something to do with his kids having accounts or only allowed to DL things 5 times or now 3 times or ... something ...I guess? I don't know. I just know I don't need it (Good thing as I obviously don't know what the hell I am talking about)
 Cheesy
 Grin

And yes, I also got my PS Plus for the year (though I don't like the two games that are free this month for PS4), but may wait and use the 2 weeks free before activating my card anyway  Wink

Took like 5 hours to Reset the PS3 back to default ... man that was crazy long. Be aware to leave yourself enough time to allow for that if you ever resell. Gamestop says they will do it, but ... yeah ... I trust no-one.

And Jimmy, I know the PS3 Bluray was one of the best you could buy, not sure about the PS4. Hope so, but I rarely use Bluray anyway as I don't buy movies and I am cheap at the Redbox and don't wanna pay more than the DVD cost to upgrade.
 Cheesy

Spent $585 in seconds buying this ... need to change my comic order now
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 02:34:46 AM »

And Jimmy, I know the PS3 Bluray was one of the best you could buy, not sure about the PS4. Hope so, but I rarely use Bluray anyway as I don't buy movies and I am cheap at the Redbox and don't wanna pay more than the DVD cost to upgrade.
 Cheesy

See, if I have the tv for it, and the player, I want my full HD effect and experience. I almost hate watching my dvds now. Ugh. Wink

And I still buy enough blu-rays. Not for the sake of buying blu-rays, but there is plenty that comes out that still matches me & the wife's favorites.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 03:04:06 AM »

I can understand that.
 Cool

Yeah, I can certainly tell a difference between the two, but my old ass eyes and my cheap ass butt ... well, you get the picture (A better one than I do with the DVD's!!!)
Ba-Zinga again
 Cheesy

HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »

I just caught wind of a survival horror game called Until Dawn for the PS4.

This game looks awesome.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »

Indeed. The launch of this one better not interfere with my EVIL WITHIN game. I can't have too much terror too close together or my heart pills will stop working and ... well ... so will something else.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS