HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 05:45:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPER  (Read 3305 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 04, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »

So DCBS was having a sale on this comic called "SUPER". It was only 35¢ (regularly $2.99) for 52 pages so I decided to give it a shot. I still have only read about a page or two, but seems pretty good so far.

Wanted to place the website here so you can check it out and see if the next time you get a chance, you may want to pick up a copy.

Decent looking stuff HERE or just check out the heroes HERE

(Seen Fire-Ant in the book already and looking forward to 'meeting' Silhouette)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 01:47:34 AM »

Their video trailer said coming in 2012.  Is it really two years old or did they get a late start?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:14 AM »

No, I think it is that old. But honestly not sure.
I see they have 6 issue out at Comixology, but not sure I can suggest buying it for $2.99. Wait another two weeks or so when DCBS does their end of the month sales (just hit the specials tab again ... they always throw more stuff in near the end of the month) and see if you can find it for 35¢ again. It is worth that for sure.
 Grin

But again, I am only 2 pages in.

EDIT - or was that the one I paid 60¢ for? Not sure now ... either way, it is worth buying the actual paper product for a buck or less. Without a doubt.

EDIT 2 -
Really? Wonder why, maybe because I was signed in?
Any way, they are both on the Specials now -
SUPER - Looks pretty cool, for an indy book. And while I am not expecting much, for 52 pages for 70¢ why not?
and
WINTER SOLDIER: BITTER MARCH - for 35¢ I will try most anything, especially books I was curious about anyway.

Let me try linking again ...
THIS
and
THIS

If it didn't work this time I have no idea ... unless they are out already, but then they wouldn't be showing up under SPECIALS
 Huh

Though both links are currently dead, DCBS may still have some hardcopies. Again, just check the specials near the end of the month. It's when I get all my under $1 books
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:59:29 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS