HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:51:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: August Previews - Whatcha gettin?  (Read 26584 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »

Trees is a slow burn I think. I've read I think 3 issues now and it's not a must have.

Good to know. I heard a lot about issue one, and then ... silence. I guess you are not alone in your feeling of this

I got to thinking about this.  It might be a bad sign that I've read three issues of this comic but couldn't tell you the name of a single character.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 04:26:27 PM »

Cheesy
WOW. Yeah, that is certainly a sign!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »

Sept reminder request -
Can someone remind me that I want to add SPAWN #249 to my order next month. As crazy as it sounds, I want to prep for issue #250 ... for Al's return. Yes, I know the stigma associated with Spawn, and most are justified, but I checked an issue back about 2 years ago  Cheesy and it wasn't half bad.

I want to get in on the title again, at least for 4 or 5 issues and see if I can once again find love for the character.

So ... thanks and don't let me forget
 Cheesy Cool

Damn ... and now that Original Sin HC has wormed its way onto my order !!!!
 Undecided
Back up to $148 bucks, just like that.
This is getting bad again ... this addiction
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:20:09 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »

DC COMICS
Batman 35
Batman And Robin 35
Batman Eternal 26
Batman Eternal 27
Batman Eternal 28
Batman Eternal 29
Batman Eternal 30
Deathstroke 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 2
Earth 2 Worlds End 3
Earth 2 Worlds End 4
Flash 35 - just wrapping up this story arc.

Grayson 3 - ADDED BACK, Damn you Perry
Justice League United Annual 1
Multiversity The Just 1.2
New 52 Futures End 22
New 52 Futures End 23
New 52 Futures End 24
New 52 Futures End 25
New 52 Futures End 26
Red Lanterns 35
Sinestro 6

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 01:08:41 AM »

At least it is only a $1.79 title  Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »

Well I chopped, diced, added, subtracted, and rolled my order over and over about 400 times the last few days and when the price hit a lotto like $118.99, I stopped right there and dedicated myself to the order.

I had tried to get that ORIGINAL SIN HC for $25, but I think they may have an Omni come out with the Thor and Iron Man/Hulk issues, or at least I am hoping but even if not, I figure I can always get it later. Had GUARDIANS 3000 in there, to have a conversation piece with Jimmy  Wink, until my boy Dave said he was gonna get it. No need for me to buy when I can borrow  Grin Odd that I was thinking about adding JUSTICE LEAGUE when I didn't really enjoy John's first few issues. I am sure it got better (it had to  Tongue) but I was just in a clicky, cllicky mood and finally came around.  Also decided, as I am 100% gonna get it in HC anyway, to by-pass that Snyder WYTCHES title.

Okay, last one, this is my order for this month  Grin

PREVIEWS #313 OCTOBER 2014

DC
BATMAN #35
GRAYSON #3
MULTIVERSITY THE JUST #1

MARVEL
ALL NEW INVADERS #11
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8
AVENGERS AND X-MEN AXIS #1 (OF 9)
AVENGERS AND X-MEN AXIS #2 (OF 9)
AVENGERS AND X-MEN AXIS #3 (OF 9)
CAPTAIN AMERICA #25
FANTASTIC FOUR #11
FANTASTIC FOUR #12
INHUMAN #7
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #4
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #5
THOR #1
UNCANNY AVENGERS #25

OTHER
MORNING GLORIES DLX HC VOL 03
TERRY MOORES ECHO COMPLETE ED HC

All that, but still only 12 monthy titles. That's only 4 or 5 from where I was prior  Cheesy (Damn excuses. Only have so many left in my arsenal)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »

Ok - Last change.

I dropped Wytches #1 so I could add Thor #1 back on the list.

I'm not touching it anymore!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »

Unlike Jeff, who is much stronger and decisive than I  Cheesy, I went and changed my order once more. This time taking the HUGE step towards going ONLY HC buying by dropping the AXIS issues (1,2,3 and the UNCANNY AVENGERS #25) and placing in their spot BATMAN HC vol 1.

That gentlemen, is a huge step for me. Once I get caught up on the Bat HC's ... there will be no reason for me to floppy buy any longer. I hope this first major step will not cause me to fall on my face in the next couple of months, especially with Star Wars series coming out in January. Hmmmm .... maybe I will keep only a couple titles in floppy format?
 Cheesy Grin

EDIT - And thanks to Jeff doing the exact opposite of what I just praised him for ...  Wink I have also dropped my Spider-man books. Both Amazing and 2099.
Going to wait another month before I try to drop my beloved FF  Undecided (and its sister series Invaders ... if it isn't canceld next month  Grin)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:42:50 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »

Ok I lied.  THIS is my final change.  I pulled the trigger on Marvel Unlimited.  Keeping three Marvels on this order but will go full digital next month.  Oh, and I added LOW #4 back.

Here is the final, under $100, order.

DC COMICS
Batman 35
Batman And Robin 35
Batman Eternal 26
Batman Eternal 27
Batman Eternal 28
Batman Eternal 29
Batman Eternal 30
Deathstroke 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 2
Earth 2 Worlds End 3
Earth 2 Worlds End 4

Flash 35 - just wrapping up this story arc.
Grayson 3 - ADDED BACK, Damn you Perry
Justice League United Annual 1
Multiversity The Just 1.2
New 52 Futures End 22
New 52 Futures End 23
New 52 Futures End 24
New 52 Futures End 25
New 52 Futures End 26
Red Lanterns 35
Sinestro 6

IMAGE COMICS
Black Science 10
Copperhead 2
East Of West World One Shot
Fade Out 3
Low 4
Morning Glories 44
Morning Glories Deluxe Hc Vol 03
Outcast 5
Rasputin Cvr A Rossmo 1
Roche Limit 2
Sidekick 10
Southern Bastards 5
Trees 6
Velvet 9
Walking Dead 132
Walking Dead 133
Wytches 1

MARVEL COMICS
All New Invaders 11
All New X-Men 33
Avengers And X-Men Axis 1
Avengers And X-Men Axis 2
Avengers And X-Men Axis 3

Bucky Barnes Winter Soldier 1
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 1
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 2
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 3

Fantastic Four 11
Fantastic Four 12
Guardians of the Galaxy 20
Inhuman 7

Men Of Wrath 1
Original Sin Annual
Thor 1 - Added back
Uncanny Avengers 25
Wolverine Tp Vol 02 Three Months To Die (Nov 5)

VALIANT COMICS
Armor Hunters Aftermath 1
X-O Manowar Cvr A Kevic-Djurdjevic 0
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:42:05 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »

What I ended up with for this month ... after all that damn talk I did about not changing anything  Grin

BATMAN #35  (Yes, even with making the switch to Bat HC's I still need my fix until I get caught up)
MULTIVERSITY THE JUST #1
GRAYSON #3
BATMAN HC VOL 01 THE COURT OF OWLS

ALL NEW INVADERS #11
CAPTAIN AMERICA #25
FANTASTIC FOUR #11
FANTASTIC FOUR #12
GUARDIANS 3000 #1 (added this just so Jimmy and I could discuss ... he better get it now  Cheesy)
INHUMAN #7
THOR #1

MORNING GLORIES DLX HC VOL 03
TERRY MOORES ECHO COMPLETE ED HC

And I did see where that SAGA 1-18 Hardcover is being solicited next month !!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS