HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:39:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: August Previews - Whatcha gettin?  (Read 26586 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 29, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

Here's my first pass having looked at the August Previews for October.  I'm noticing my Image pull getting bigger each month.  That's a good thing.  Lots of good stuff coming out of them these days.

DC COMICS
Batman 35
Batman And Robin 35
Batman Eternal 26
Batman Eternal 27
Batman Eternal 28
Batman Eternal 29
Batman Eternal 30
Deathstroke 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 2
Earth 2 Worlds End 3
Earth 2 Worlds End 4

Flash 35 - just wrapping up this story arc.
Grayson 3 - ADDED BACK, Damn you Perry
Justice League United Annual 1
Multiversity The Just 1.2
New 52 Futures End 22
New 52 Futures End 23
New 52 Futures End 24
New 52 Futures End 25
New 52 Futures End 26
Red Lanterns 35
Sinestro 6

IMAGE COMICS
Black Science 10
Copperhead 2
East Of West World One Shot
Fade Out 3
Low 4
Morning Glories 44
Morning Glories Deluxe Hc Vol 03
Outcast 5
Rasputin Cvr A Rossmo 1

Roche Limit 2
Sidekick 10
Southern Bastards 5
Trees 6
Velvet 9
Walking Dead 132
Walking Dead 133
Wytches 1

MARVEL COMICS
All New Invaders 11
All New X-Men 33
Avengers And X-Men Axis 1
Avengers And X-Men Axis 2
Avengers And X-Men Axis 3

Bucky Barnes Winter Soldier 1
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 1
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 2
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 3

Fantastic Four 11
Fantastic Four 12
Guardians of the Galaxy 20
Inhuman 7

Men Of Wrath 1
Original Sin Annual
Thor 1 - Added back
Uncanny Avengers 25
Wolverine Tp Vol 02 Three Months To Die (Nov 5)

VALIANT COMICS
Armor Hunters Aftermath 1
X-O Manowar Cvr A Kevic-Djurdjevic 0
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:42:28 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:41:32 PM »

DC has a THOR book now?  Wink Roll Eyes Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:43:58 PM »

Grin

And I see you're picking up 1-4 of Amazing on back order, are you not ordering more after that or did you just forget about Amazing (and 2099)
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »

Okay, first pass (of about 3)  Grin

DC
BATMAN #35
GRAYSON #3
THE MULTIVERSITY: THE JUST #1

MARVEL
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #4
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #5
FANTASTIC FOUR #11
FANTASTIC FOUR #12
INHUMAN #7
ALL-NEW INVADERS #11
THOR #1 (?)
CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 (?)

OTHER
MORNING GLORIES DELUXE EDITION, VOL. 3 HC
SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN VOL. 11
WYTCHES #1 (?)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »

Oops!!!  Thats what I get for doing this at work!   Grin

I fixed it - Thor has been returned to Marvel.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »

And I see you're picking up 1-4 of Amazing on back order, are you not ordering more after that or did you just forget about Amazing (and 2099)
 Wink

I wanted to pick up Amazing #4 for the Original Sin crossover and figured as long as I was getting #4 I might as well grab the first 3.  We'll see how I like it first before adding it to the pull.

I'm grabbing 2099 #1 from the LCS to check it out.  You know I can't resist PAD.  Damn you!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »

DC

Multiversity: The Just
Deathstroke #1 (cuz I'm curious! Will Tony Daniel slick down the stupid bulked up 90's Deathstroke that Jim Lee redesigned?)
Green Arrow #35
Wonder Woman #35 (the last issue of Azzarello! So Bummed! Just read #33 last night and was SOOOO good!)
Aquaman & The Others #6 (as big of an Aquaman man I am, this may not last long in the pull list)
Aquaman #35
Flash #35 (I'm still holding on; Flash & time travel has usually always been fun. Although, Flashpoint's end proved ill for me Sad )
Superman #35 (Romita can texture a scene, weave an amazing story, but pure rendering of pictures? Still very 'ugh' now)
Action Comics #35 (Is this Doomed crap still running? Epilogue issue here... Nate, aren't you reading this?)
Supergirl #35 (because I want Bedard to make me love Supergirl, and I want to like this book! Where's the Bedard from the 'Negation' days?!)
Sinestro #6 (I like Sinestro Smiley )

Really debating on the Superman Unchained HC there....

I just can't touch Green Lantern any more...or maybe ever again. When the hell will they stop crossing over all titles every damned month?!

Marvel

Guardians 3000 #1
Captain America #25 (Mostly, I've really enjoyed reading Remender's Cap. The art hasn't always been fantastic...and I was operating on dropping this in lieu of Marvel Unlimited...but I kinda want to really get this! Hashtag torn I guess. Grin
Spider-man 2099 # 4 & 5 (yup!!!)

That's it. I like Marvel Unlimited for all others. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »

Just a reminder for myself ...
WAR STORIES by Ennis !!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »

At least with the #1's from DCBS, it's nice to try an issue to see if I want to pick the series up. Tried Teen Titans new #1, and immediately felt no connection from it. Had no care to try a #2. We'll see what Deathstroke and Guardians 3000 bring!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:25 PM »

At least with the #1's from DCBS, it's nice to try an issue to see if I want to pick the series up.

It use to be a lot better. They would have most Marvel and DC first issues for only 75¢
Now THAT was a way to get buyers to try stuff !!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »

Well after seeing his hardcover for ECHO solicited in Previews for this month, I asked Terry Moore about how it was constructed (glued or stitched) and he replied that it was indeed stitched and he posted the pic found HERE

Looks fantastic and I told him so. I also told him I would be adding it to my order for this month. If you guys have ever seen his work, perhaps with STRANGERS IN PARADISE  Wink, you know that the art is just incredible and he is a pretty damn decent writer as well. I strongly suggest everyone give this, or at least his Rachel Rising monthly, a shot.

ECHO is a sci-fi book about a girl getting blasted with this metal that gives her ... abilities, while RACHEL RISING is a modern day witch story. They are B&W, but but don't let that discourage you. His stuff looks great that way too.
 Smiley

EDIT - Of course after all that, I went to check on the price to try and figure what it will be (not up at DCBS yet) and I happen to notice that the HC is only 7X10
 Sad Embarrassed

Damn.

Now I'm not sure. I like the look of the over-sized HC. I mean, it doesn't have to be BIG DAMN SIN CITY sized  Cheesy, but the usual 7.75X11 over-size sure is better than 7X10
 Undecided

EDIT 2 - But damn, that is a really well made HC. Look how the spine is curved. That also helps in having the book lie flat, making for an easier read. I like the Image stitched binding, but I sure wish they were rounded like this one. Yeah, screw it, smaller sized or not I am grabbing this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:31:50 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »

I just might grab that as well.  I love Terry Moore's work and have been shy about pulling the trigger on all of the Strangers in Paradise volumes.  This looks like a good one to dip into.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »

I love everything he has every touched, including Strangers In Paradise. It is more of a ... comedy/thriller in panels (compared to the high-flying super-heroics type comics) and therefor more down to Earth in it's approach and story-telling, but damn it is so well done. So damn well done.
 Smiley

I need to get the HC's of that as well !!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 03:10:46 AM »

Damn wife is gonna kill me when she sees I ordered another $100 worth of comics, two months in a row, but couldn't be helped and it's just BARELY over. I mean really, it's just $36 in comics ... with the shipping.
 Grin

BATMAN #35
GRAYSON #3
MULTIVERSITY THE JUST #1
ALL NEW INVADERS #11
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7      
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8
FANTASTIC FOUR #11
FANTASTIC FOUR #12
INHUMAN #7
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #4
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #5
THOR #1
WYTCHES #1 (Only getting the first issue to see what it will look/feel like when I get the HC  Grin)
MORNING GLORIES DLX HC VOL 03
TERRY MOORES ECHO COMPLETE ED HC
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:14:42 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »

Here's my first pass having looked at the August Previews for October.  I'm noticing my Image pull getting bigger each month.  That's a good thing.  Lots of good stuff coming out of them these days.

DC COMICS
Batman 35
Batman And Robin 35
Batman Eternal 26
Batman Eternal 27
Batman Eternal 28
Batman Eternal 29
Batman Eternal 30
Deathstroke 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 1
Earth 2 Worlds End 2
Earth 2 Worlds End 3
Earth 2 Worlds End 4
Flash 35 - just wrapping up this story arc.
Grayson 3
Justice League United Annual 1
Multiversity The Just 1.2
New 52 Futures End 22
New 52 Futures End 23
New 52 Futures End 24
New 52 Futures End 25
New 52 Futures End 26
Red Lanterns 35
Sinestro 6

IMAGE COMICS
Black Science 10
Copperhead 2
East Of West World One Shot
Fade Out 3
Low 4
Morning Glories 44
Morning Glories Deluxe Hc Vol 03
Outcast 5
Rasputin Cvr A Rossmo 1
Roche Limit 2
Sidekick 10
Southern Bastards 5
Trees 6
Velvet 9
Walking Dead 132
Walking Dead 133
Wytches 1

MARVEL COMICS
All New Invaders 11
All New X-Men 33
Avengers And X-Men Axis 1
Avengers And X-Men Axis 2
Avengers And X-Men Axis 3
Bucky Barnes Winter Soldier 1
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 1
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 2
Death Of Wolverine Logan Legacy 3
Fantastic Four 11
Fantastic Four 12
Guardians of the Galaxy 20
Inhuman 7
Men Of Wrath 1
Original Sin Annual
Thor 1
Uncanny Avengers 25
Wolverine Tp Vol 02 Three Months To Die (Nov 5)

VALIANT COMICS
Armor Hunters Aftermath 1
X-O Manowar Cvr A Kevic-Djurdjevic 0

OMG.  I added everything on my list to my DCBS order today.  These Weekly's are killing my pocket book.  Even with the DCBS discounts I'm pushing an insane dollar amount.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS