HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:54:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Image Expo  (Read 2309 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 24, 2014, 12:37:59 AM »

Lots of new titles announced at the Expo this year, Most of which can be seen at Bleeding Cook (or HERE) but I only seem to interested in four. Lots of Sci-Fi stuff, which is cool, but I already got my Image Sci-Fi and Image has loads more already, can't we get something else?

Ellis, Shalvey and Bellaire (who is Shalvey's girlfriend) reunite shortly after their Moon Knight stint with INJECTION. Out of my four, I am least interested in this one, even though I know it will look fantastic, but I just tire of the pitch Ellis uses for some of his stuff. It is like speaking 100 words yet saying nothing. Like the plot of this book -

"INJECTION explores how loud and strange the world is becoming, and the sense that it’s all bubbling into chaos—a chaos poised to become the Next New Normal—and that we did this to ourselves without thinking for a second about how we were ever going to live inside it."

Yeah, Okay, in other words,  blah blah tech speak blah Ellis made up phrase blah metaphysical blah blah.
 Tongue
Or, my head is just not into that right now.

I will still get the HC.
 Cheesy

The next on my list is Ray Fawkes INTERSECT. Horror, so I will have to look into it.

The next two are possible monthly buys for me, at least for a couple issues, but most likely HCs all the way.

Becky Cloonan and Andy Belanger's SOUTHERN CROSS. Another horror but more Sci-Fi mystery, perhaps? I read Agatha Christie and that's all I needed to see. I am there.

And then, switching it up a little, we have a Busiek's TOOTH and CLAW. Swords, Sorcery, Gods, Empires, Animal Wizards and Con Women are just some of what you will find here. Yep, that's a try.

Again, a lot of sci-fi. Or maybe I am just noticing those more. Even Remender has another one and doesn't that make 4 sci-fi books at Image now from him?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS