HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:59:10 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - July 23rd  (Read 6523 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »

Just days after me birthday, one more weeks worth of books. Not shipping until next week -

PREVIEWS #311 AUGUST
BATMAN #33 (ZERO YEAR)
DETECTIVE COMICS #27 SPEC ED (Some free book I guess? I know don't know)

FANTASTIC FOUR #7
ALL NEW INVADERS #7
ALL NEW INVADERS #8  
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4
WINTER SOLDIER BITTER MARCH #1 *CLEARANCE* (For 35¢ !!!!!)

SUPER #1 *CLEARANCE*
MORNING GLORIES DLX HC VOL 02 (I hope they remember to pack Vol 1 as well)
POWERS HC VOL 06 DEFINITIVE COLLECTION (Looks to be the last one. That's cool. It was time I think)

Speaking of ... also thinking about making THE WALKING DEAD vol 10 my last HC of that series ... especially if it ends in a good spot to do so, but may go to vol 12. I mean 120 issues of a "drama" like comic is like 5 years of a drama TV show. About when things get a little stale for me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »

Happy birthday, Perry! Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:35 AM »

Speaking of ... also thinking about making THE WALKING DEAD vol 10 my last HC of that series ... especially if it ends in a good spot to do so, but may go to vol 12. I mean 120 issues of a "drama" like comic is like 5 years of a drama TV show. About when things get a little stale for me.

Worst rationalization ever.  Tongue Grin Tongue Grin 

P.S.  Happy belated birthday Perry!   Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »

Worst rationalization ever.  Tongue Grin Tongue Grin 

P.S.  Happy belated birthday Perry!   Cool

Well, thanks  Grin

But for the other, it is not a rationalization  Grin It's just that if I feel that WD is getting at the point where zombies killing people, the fear that comes from that, the conflict of the "survivors" and the "rebuilding of society" is starting to feel stale to me, and it kinda is at Vol 7, Vol 10 will be the point I will walk away.

I have walked away from many a Marvel book for the same (And they have over 40 years worth of stories to be tired of  Grin)

Just like I have walked away from television shows that felt the same way. TV and comics are very similar as you know. Both are just story boards at the core, so it is natural that I see one as an entertainment twin of the other. Comics are very much like TV.

I know you have to come swooping in, in defense of your precious Walking Dead  Wink Grin, but honestly I see nothing wrong with finding a good spot to stop reading something if you are tired of it. Is that so bad?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:32:59 PM »

Your valid points are noted Perry.   I walked away from Uncanny X-Men years ago for the same reason.

But still..........Walking Dead rules!!!!!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 11:41:03 PM »

But still..........Walking Dead rules!!!!!!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Without question, buddy  Smiley

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »

Happy birthday.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

Thanks, to all, for the B-Day ... wish they would stop, myself.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »

Shipped out today:

ALL NEW INVADERS #8 
ARMOR HUNTERS BLOODSHOT #1 (OF 3) CVR B CHROM
BATMAN #33 (ZERO YEAR)
BATMAN AND ROBIN #33 (ROBIN RISES) 
BATMAN ETERNAL #16 
DETECTIVE COMICS #27 SPEC ED  (Some kind of freebie from DCBS?)
NEW 52 FUTURES END #12 
RED LANTERNS #33 
TREES #3 (MR) 
VELVET #6 (MR) 

And grabbing at LCS:

Flash  33
Original Sin  5.2  (I think this is now Thor & Loki)
Original Sins  4
Secret Origins 4 (Harley Quinn)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »

Oh and... H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y ! ! ! !

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »

Shipped out today:
ALL NEW INVADERS #8 

Getting good

Yeah. Huh

And grabbing at LCS: ...
Flash  33

Any reason?

Original Sin  5.2  (I think this is now Thor & Loki)

Yeah, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 I think are all Asgard describing the history and origin ... well, Marvel origin of Angela (Which I like by the way.)
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »

Flash  33

Any reason?

I actually kind of like this future flash arc.  But I'm not adding it to my pull.  Just going to finish out the story arc and move on.    Wink
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:55:13 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:54:37 PM »

Yeah. Huh

I looked it up and looks like it was an extra sized issue from a few months back.  If its the whole thing then might be cool.

Cover by Greg Capullo. Written by John Layman & Various. Art by Jason Fabok & Various. DC Entertainment presents this mega-sized issue featuring an all-star roster of Batman creators past and present! Don't miss a modern-day retelling of The Dark Knight's origin by the incredible team of writer Brad Meltzer and artist Bryan Hitch! Plus, all-new stories by Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy, Peter J. Tomasi and Ian Bertram, writer/artist Francesco Francavilla, Mike W. Barr and Guillem March, Gregg Hurwitz and Neal Adams and more! Also in this issue, John Layman and Jason Fabok kick off the new storyline 'GOTHTOPIA'! Gothtopia: Part 1 of 3 - It's a bright, shiny, happy place where dreams come true...as long as you don't look at things too closely. Plus: pin-ups by Mike Allred, Graham Nolan, Kelley Jones, Patrick Gleason and Jock. Cover price $7.99.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

Oh yeah, I remember that.  

EDIT - Ooops, also just looked it up and the "Special Edition" is just a free preview of it I guess

THIS

Flash  33

Any reason?

I actually kind of like this future flash arc.  But I'm not adding it to my pull.  Just going to finish out the story arc and move on.    Wink

I remember that. Glad you like it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:02:16 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 01:00:26 PM »

Found out what the deal is with that free Detective issue. It is for the celebration of Batman Day (July 23rd).
I guess comic shops (some of them) had some special events also. Some as cheap, yet as cool, as Batman masks giveaways and free Batman comics.
 Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS