HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:22:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advice to my married friends  (Read 5821 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 20, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »

No matter what age, don't stay out to 3am drinking with your buddies and forget to call.  This morning is not pleasant and I wish it on no one else.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »

Yeah buddy.
Sorry, my man.  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »

Married only 2 months now (...on next Thursday), and I think I know that lesson.

At what point do I forget it? Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:05:56 AM »

Based on my track record, somewhere close to your 13th anniversary!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:00:10 AM »

At what point do I forget it? Grin

Around beer number 10 or so.  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »

another good tip...if you do make the call and say you are on your leaving soon or on way home, dont continue drinking for another hr or so before you actually leave
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »

another good tip...if you do make the call and say you are on your leaving soon or on way home, dont continue drinking for another hr or so before you actually leave

Indeed. Your penalty is actually worse in that scenario  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 06:19:04 PM »

Final tip from last weekend:

If she calls YOU and then tells you to just spend the night there.  DON'T think driving home right then will make her happy.  Apparently that only makes it worse and it takes two days to get to the root of what you did wrong.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »

Indeed. Your penalty is actually worse in that scenario  Cheesy

Yes...yes it is
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »

Final tip from last weekend:

If she calls YOU and then tells you to just spend the night there.  DON'T think driving home right then will make her happy.  Apparently that only makes it worse and it takes two days to get to the root of what you did wrong.

Cheesy
Yeah, I found out in my first marriage that I wasn't going to be able to put up with that silent treatment or the moodiness of the "nothing is wrong" attitude when you know damn well something is wrong. The "current" wife  Wink and I give each other 24 hours of "pout" time and then after that you either have to discuss what the hell is wrong or the problem, issue or situation is now your own and not in this marriage any longer.
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS