HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:49:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thinking about buying  (Read 10873 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »

Hmmm.  Not sure what I did wrong but my Sin City HC didn't order.  So I had to reorder it and it's back up to $58.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »

Huh
Well that's odd.

But don't worry, you will forget all about that $3 difference when you go to lift the damn box and you give yourself a hernia.  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 01:07:14 PM »

So I saw the BIG DAMN SIN CITY book under glass at my LCS.  OMG this is HUGE.

That sir is an understatement  Grin

I have to have this!  Instock Trades has it for $55 now.

Cool, price went down for ya. They must be trying to push them out. Has to be a pain keeping these in stock as they will not fit in/on most shelves.
 Cheesy

And I just saw the commercial for Dame to Kill For.  

That is when I got the bug to buy my copy  Cheesy

Gave in.    Cheesy

Hard to resist. Finally convinced my wife to let me put it with all her first edition books so as soon as you walk in the house ... BAM ... a heavy slap of BIG DAMN SIN CITY in 'yo face!!!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy Grin

So Perry, did you ever read this damn puppy?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

So Perry, did you ever read this damn puppy?

Damn, I thought I replied to you already on this, but seems not. My bad.

Don't let me get away with that. If you see I haven't answered something you call my dumb ass out!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

And ... no  Undecided

I even moved the damn thing to the far left side of my bookshelf so I can't see it when I am at my desk and thus its binder wouldn't be staring at me with malicious contempt
Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 02:07:35 PM »

Same here.  It's almost too intimidating to open!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »

Same here.  It's almost too intimidating to open!

Right?

It will hit me some day, when I want that dark, gorgeous blacks and hints of color to hit my eyes. Hell, I may flip through it just to look at the "purty" pictures. Not like I am looking forward to Millar's writing, even though I don't think he was too bad yet during this time.
 Grin

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 03:50:34 PM »

The Amazing Spider-Man: Roger Stern Omnibus is one that's been on my mind a lot. And I rarely invest in omnibuses, though I probably should start.

Although I recently learned about the following omnibuses and it's most definitely grabbed my attention.

http://www.amazon.com/Shang-Chi-Master-Kung-Fu-Omnibus-Vol/dp/130290129X

http://www.amazon.com/Shang-Chi-Master-Kung-Fu-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1302901303/ref=pd_sim_14_1/189-1406232-8344932?ie=UTF8&dpID=51lI5tAk-pL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR214%2C320_&refRID=062820K7JW5K1B7TQGS3

http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Hands-Kung-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1302901338/ref=pd_sim_14_2/189-1406232-8344932?ie=UTF8&dpID=51w9aNVu48L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR214%2C320_&refRID=062820K7JW5K1B7TQGS3
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:28 PM »

Gotta be honest and say I am not one for Omnibus' (except for Miller;s Sin City apparently  Cheesy) but I may just have to jump on those Kung-Fu. Need to check around and see what they changed. I don't think they print Fu-Manchu anymore, right? As they don't have the rights.  Did they make his father Yellow Claw or something? Not a huge kill for me, though I like the Fu connection.

*Fu Connection not associated in any way with Kermit's the Rainbow Connection
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »

Gotta be honest and say I am not one for Omnibus' (except for Miller;s Sin City apparently  Cheesy) but I may just have to jump on those Kung-Fu. Need to check around and see what they changed. I don't think they print Fu-Manchu anymore, right? As they don't have the rights.  Did they make his father Yellow Claw or something? Not a huge kill for me, though I like the Fu connection.

*Fu Connection not associated in any way with Kermit's the Rainbow Connection
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther I believe he was called "Han."

Maybe they finally got the rights long enough to finally do this. I mean, there hasn't even been an Essential Shang Chi volume as far as I know. The MAX series used the characters and the names, though nothing AFAIK has since.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS