HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:18:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: July Previews - Whatcha Gettin'  (Read 21762 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:15 PM »

Although... if it does end up really cool, I can always buy it in trade after I read it on Unlimited. Grin

Wink
Absolutely. Starting my subscription back up sometime this year. Maybe this month.

Soon though as I want to see how the new writer does on Moon Knight, but not sure I want to buy it (as I sell them, coming in that late hurts the resell). Of course as he won't start until next month, and Marvel won't put it up for at least 6 months after that, I have time.
 Cheesy
(But there is lots more to read  Wink)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 09:27:03 PM »

Damn I want that Johns JSA Omnibus ... Damn it ... Trying to resist.

And I am also getting chicken about that Moon Knight EPIC COLLECTION book. Man, I just hate trying to keep glued binding, soft-covers. I mean, they are a pain to read and if your getting to "keep" it, HCs are just so much better. I get a lot of my Image stuff in trade because I want to read the story and it is easier to get them all in one sitting, but to keep it ... I need the HC, like what I am buying in the Manhattan Projects HC. I don't know ... love me some Mk, but ... glued binding? Maybe just get the MK HC (is there a MK Omni?)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:31:41 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 12:33:53 AM »

Also just realized that noone is getting the new George Perez book  Shocked

I keep adding it and taking it away. Just not sold on his writing chops. Will like to look at the HC though  Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 04:05:28 AM »

I keep adding it and taking it away. Just not sold on his writing chops. Will like to look at the HC though  Wink

Thanks for the reminder!  I knew I was forgetting something!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »

i thought about it, but then i remembered buying "crimson" when it came out and to my knowledge, that was never finished.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »

Went back added these:

Copperhead #1
Sirens #1 (George Perez new book)
Roche Limit #1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 01:14:06 AM »

Also just realized that noone is getting the new George Perez book  Shocked

I keep adding it and taking it away. Just not sold on his writing chops. Will like to look at the HC though  Wink

i thought about it, but then i remembered buying "crimson" when it came out and to my knowledge, that was never finished.

Ahhh Crimson. Yes, I was so looking forward to issue 2 to help me understand what the heck I had read in issue 1

Cheesy

Looked fantastic though. Evil, bloody ... oh yeah.

EDIT - Oh yeah, DCBS didn't have the 1st printing of IRON FIST, so I ended up not getting that run.
Also canceled the SUPERIOR SPIDERMAN #33, as I screwed up and didn't get issue 32. Don't feel like adding it now either.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:16:41 AM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

Seems like I am updating this daily ...   Cheesy Okay last one ... (I hope)

quote author=Jeff link=topic=6668.msg39517#msg39517 date=1405126499]
Went back added these:

Copperhead #1
[/quote]

Let me know how that is. I have hopes for it so I am looking to trade wait.

Okay, canceled the Moon Knight Epic trade, just couldn't do it. Maybe later I will just bind my copies (though I don't have his earlier appearances anymore)

Also canceled that SAGA #3 trade as Amazon has a new SAGA HC coming out in December that has the first three trades. Haven't heard of it, but if Amazon is right, THAT is what I am talking about !!!

Think I am going to stop buying Velvet, Black Science and ... crap ... something else that ... I have now forgotten. Oh well. Still, just wait for the HC. It took Manhattan Projects a long time to get HC, and I was getting worried they never would, but now that they have, I think I am gonna wait on the others as well. Hopefully not as long as MP took, but either way, the HC's are worth the wait.

Be nice to have an Image HC collection that consists of:

WALKING DEAD
INVINCIBLE
MANHATTAN PROJECTS
EAST OF WEST
SAGA
VELVET
BLACK SCIENCE

Dude ... that is a nice set of comics!!!

not to mention if these get the HC treatment:
FATALE (?)
OUTCAST (?)
DREAM POLICE (?)
MERCENARY SEA (?)

EDIT - Oh crapola !!! I forgot all about MORNING GLORIES !!! Jeez
Bad Perry, Bad Perry

Is that worthy of HC, Jeff? I know you got it in trade there for awhile ... I think ... Are you still getting it? Did it get just too "LOST" like or was it/is it still decent?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:36:55 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »

Also (yep another) ...

In case you missed it, Jeff, AXIS has been canceled, will be renamed AVENGERS and X-MEN AXIS and will be re-solicited in another month or two. That is what I heard ... but it was yesterday and now I can't remember where I saw it.
 Undecided

Jeff, here it is ... BC Reports on AXIS

I am sure DCBS will take of the cancellation this month, but just wanted you to know to look out for it later.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »

EDIT - Oh crapola !!! I forgot all about MORNING GLORIES !!! Jeez
Bad Perry, Bad Perry

Is that worthy of HC, Jeff? I know you got it in trade there for awhile ... I think ... Are you still getting it? Did it get just too "LOST" like or was it/is it still decent?

It's on my top 5.  I buy in monthlies so I can read it every month.  Then I sell them on ebay and buy the omnibus.  It's literally the only HC on my bookshelf....and still in the shrinkwrap.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:21:57 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »

Also (yep another) ...

In case you missed it, Jeff, AXIS has been canceled, will be renamed AVENGERS and X-MEN AXIS and will be re-solicited in another month or two. That is what I heard ... but it was yesterday and now I can't remember where I saw it.
 Undecided

Jeff, here it is ... BC Reports on AXIS

I am sure DCBS will take of the cancellation this month, but just wanted you to know to look out for it later.
 Smiley

Bummer.   Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering if I should skip it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »

It's on my top 5.  I buy in monthlies so I can read it every month.

Sweet. Yeah, forgot all about it for some reason. I can start looking for those then. Thanks.
 Cool

It's literally the only HC on my bookshelf....

Really? Is that because you are not a fan of HCs, sometimes you don't like buying what you've already read or just no desire to have them? Just curious. I know you pretty much buy what you want, when it comes out, so it could be any and all of those I suppose.
 Smiley

Bummer.   Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering if I should skip it.

Seems to be just a month delay for cover/marketing. Shouldn't change any story for ya. Again, I kinda like the idea of villain swap, but as it is so Avenger and X-Men centered, two areas of Marvel I am just not into right now, I will just be getting the cliff notes.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »

It's literally the only HC on my bookshelf....

Really? Is that because you are not a fan of HCs, sometimes you don't like buying what you've already read or just no desire to have them? Just curious. I know you pretty much buy what you want, when it comes out, so it could be any and all of those I suppose.
 Smiley

I was late to the game on picking it up monthly and started with TPBs.  Since I normally only collect monthlies I sold the TPBs on eBay.  As the series reached issue 26 I realized I wanted to back and look at past issues since the story keeps coming back to things in early issues that I didn't remember.  At the time those scenes seemed like nothing more than a small passing throw away scene - sometimes just a single panel - that turns out to be something big in later issues.

In short, rather than go back and hunt down all the back issues, and since at the time two omnibus' had come out, I decided to go that route for my library and reference.  I figure once the third one eventually comes out I'll crack the shrink wrap then and read all three back to back.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 01:05:30 AM »

Understand.

But are there two Omnibus' out for MG? I only see the HCs. Images hardcover's collect about 12 or 13 issues, like the Walking Dead and Invincible ones I get, while Omni's usually go for at least 25 issues. Most for around 50 issues. Is that what you are talking about, just the regular hardcovers or am I missing something? Because if I can get the Omni's instead of the HC's, I may do that.

EDIT - Okay, just checked DCBS and Morning Glories is only at issue 43 on preorders. Not enough for two omnis. No big deal, not trying to be a grammer Nazi or call you out, just really had me peaked there for a minute. But yes, if you ever go to sell those Morning Glory books, don't list them as Omnibus' or you may get some bad feedback.
 Grin

Also, I was more wondering why you don't get more hardcovers for your shelves. That was what I meant. Do you just not like them or don't like buying what you already read in the monthly format?

EDIT 2  Cheesy Now THIS is an Omnibus !!

( Cheesy okay, a rather overly large omni)

But HERE is a sample of some Omni's (look at those suckers in the background!!) --- Kinda scared about getting them, but man ... so cool ... but so damn big !!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:18:12 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 03:44:06 AM »

Ok whatever they are called, that's what I got.   Grin

I always think of HC's as just being the HC version of a TPB which is always 5 to 6 issues.  You are right that these have 12 to 13 in them so I called them omnibus'.  No worries though since I have no plans to sell them.

In general, my collector bug remains with the monthlies so I've never had any interest in hanging on to collections.  I buy HC's and TPB's but rarely keep them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS