HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:03:27 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something to make Perry spit his teeth out (re: Green Arrow)  (Read 11264 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 04:14:35 AM »

35 & 36? Yeah.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 02:37:39 PM »

Well shame to hear it is a little ... less enjoyable? I guess that is safe to say? And if so, do you think the inclusion of certain characters force the comic towards a direction that it is less fun or less enjoyable or is it just the natural flow of events and a slight down time that each title goes through?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »

Well shame to hear it is a little ... less enjoyable? I guess that is safe to say? And if so, do you think the inclusion of certain characters force the comic towards a direction that it is less fun or less enjoyable or is it just the natural flow of events and a slight down time that each title goes through?

I think I'm still reeling from the previous teams stunning work and departure, if I'm answering in all honesty.

The current team, while bringing in the TV element, has returned the comic back fully to it's comic roots. Meaning, a true 'superhero' costume in full 4 color glory (absent the shading singular palette used in all panels with Sorrentino's work).

It's going from Maleev's Daredevil, say, ...to Phil Hester's Green Arrow. Not calling Hester bad; no! But imagine that jarring visual switch.

It is slightly less enjoyable, with so much thrown out with the bath water from the prior run. It's gotta grow and develop. And perhaps I just wanted more of the same (cuz it was GREAT). But right now, it's not at a full charge out of the gate.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »

Okay, okay ... my bad, I did forget it has been awhile since the "second team" left the book. That is who I thought you were talking about, but now I am with you. This is the third creative team. My bad. And I totally get you now. I was worrying that the prior great team had falling into a lull, but that is not the case.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »

Oh not at all! I made sure I bought all those Lemire/Sorrentino issues in trade too! It's too bad; since GA is not a big seller, they don't release these trades into a hardcover right away. Goes right to paperback.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS