HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:21:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: IMAGE EXPO 2014  (Read 2957 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 10, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »

Okay folks, lots of cool news coming from this years Image Expo, but I already have my top 5 ... nah ... my top 6 titles I am looking at getting (in some format or another). Here is my list, in order of excitement. Numbers Three, Four, Five and Six will most chances be trade buys, but not sure I can wait for the first Two.

(Click on titles for more info from BC)

#6) LOW - Remender and Tocchini's new underwater epic. Set to last 60 issues which equals a nice 5 trade set. Love Remenders sci-fi stuff, so this is a no brainer.

#5) FADE OUT - Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips reunite again for a story set in 1940's Hollywood (even though it says 70's in the first part). Brubaker writes great pulp noir. I love pulp noir. Another no brainer.

#4) RESTORATION - Fables scribe Bill Willinghams new fantasy title with Barry Kitson on art. Much like his last book, this will read so much better in trade, not even going to think about the floppy.

#3) AIRBOY - Nope, this is not about Airboy, this is about James Robinson and Greg Hinkle. This damn thing sounds pretty damn funny and I love Robinsons humor, so ... I may not be able to wait on the trade for this one.

#2) NAMELESS - Grant "can write his ass off when not tripping on acid" Morrison and Chris "one of my top three current artist" Burnham, join forces for a horror comic? Oh yeah, I am so there for this. Even if Morrison is back to dropping blotter ... hell ... might make this book even better.

#1) WYTCHES - Scott Snyder and Jock. I could just see that and I would buy it. Another horror book that I am excited about, but Snyder can be a slow burn, so kinda scared about the monthly value even though I know I will thoroughly enjoy it.

So there ya have it. My six Image books that I will be getting. Anyone have any titles from the Expo that they are excited about?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:21 PM »

In no particular order....

Outcast - Kirkman and Azaceta do a demonic possession plot....Hoping Kirkman still has it in him to write something as enjoyable as The Walking Dead and Invincible!

Restoration - my favorite Fables scribe and pretty art by Kitson....hells yes.

Wytches - Loved Jock's art on the Losers, and Snyder's stories have proven to be enjoyable reads thus far!

Nameless - A horror book by Morrison.....this piques my interest.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS